Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, I'm on the backfill list and only got a sample packet. I see a lot of you talk about facial hair regulations and a black bag for items. This isn't in the sample letter I got. Just money order info and shoes, dress attire. Is this just known or am I missing information in the packet?

Comment

• Northjersey
      Northjersey commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s just general info man, things your supposed to know such as shaving, military haircut and so on. I wasn’t on backfill and my package has the same info as you!

• cruz21105
      cruz21105 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Northjersey

• Endeavor22
      Endeavor22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, thanks everyone. I was 23 on the list but I know they already called up to atleast 9th person. Getting closer.

• Hockeylax12
      Hockeylax12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Endeavor22, what was your list number around? Just wondering how far off I was from getting into class / if I will get into the next one

• When did you get the packet ??

Comment

• Northjersey
      Northjersey commented
      Editing a comment
      I received my package when it was first sent out!

• Okay thanks Octopuppy, I have been training since and everyday. I had my appendix out. The rub and push ups are fine, just struggling with the sit ups in the time frame

Comment

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Endeavor22 I would get prepared if i was you, no grantee but 14 on back fill is really likely in my opinion. Goodluck!

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I heard at orientation. We're likely to have at least 20 people drop first day.

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      should be a good time Octopuppy lol

• Endeavor22
      Endeavor22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm doing my best. Got all the equipment and everything I need incase. Pushing myself to get back there physically.

• Perfect. A snow storm for you guys possible on your first day lol. Evening briefing, counting off. Oh God I'm getting the chills all over again. It's not that bad just embrace the twenty eight weeks.

Comment

• Charger16
      Charger16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dutchess you were under the radar the entire time lolol

• dutchessNY89
      dutchessNY89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha you got that right. Maybe only one time that I can remember lol.

• If someone drop me off to the academy with California license plate, are they going to ok with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoyo201818 View Post
      If someone drop me off to the academy with California license plate, are they going to ok with it?
      No. It’s common knowledge that any CA car in NY is a drug car. They are going to swarm you with narc dogs.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I’m curious for the guys who went through already, we’re there a lot of people who got sick? When I went through basic I got the flu and it was miserable

Comment

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          Recruit crud and the flu will routinely move through the barracks. Hopefully you will not be one of the lucky 5-15 that get flesh eating bacteria from the DT/PT mats

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had some mysterious illness for about two weeks. Probably the worst thing I have ever experienced. Hope you don't get sick up there. It went from strep, to an even stronger form of strep, back to strep. My weekends consisted of going to the doctor. It's a breeding ground up there.

• For those of us who did not receive anything after the 12/15 medical are we going to get any notification that we will be all clear for the next class or are we just going to be in a state of limbo until then? My rank was 259x I don’t know if that will help at all.

Comment

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyone has any information in reference to this post ?!?!?!?!

• When completing the direct deposit form were we given our nys emplid # and dept code somewhere or is it suppose to be left blank for when we get up there?

Comment

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          I left that part blank for now as well as the work address? on the other sheet i was not sure what to put down in that box either .

• BizzyWell
          BizzyWell commented
          Editing a comment
          Do we need a void check for this?

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          on the direct deposit form I think it says to bring one and if you don’t you have to have the big sign off on something but I’m just gonna bring the void check

• Question, I’m doing a trial run on my duffel bag. Is there hangers for our dress shirts in the closets and for our classroom uniform? Or should we bring them ?

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
          Ssbuffalo commented
          Editing a comment
          You will need hangers, and they all must match. Bring only what you need.

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ Good to know il pack a few thanks !

• Quick question, I have an iron and a small travel iron board would that be needed or do they provide them? I was planning on just leaving it in my car just in case

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't remember for the life of me anybody having an ironing board. BTW: getting stuff from your car is HIGHLY restricted. You'll literally get to even see your car maybe 2-3 times a week for a few minutes.

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Check under the beds on 3rd floor b dorm. We found one left behind from a previous class lol.

• Quick question when filling out the money order regarding our meal cost. Are we using the same address as our pt gear?

Comment

• Octopuppy
          Octopuppy commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked this question a page or two back. Leave it blank.

• Asking for a friend...is the class still beginning this month or did it get pushed back?

Comment

• Octopuppy
          Octopuppy commented
          Editing a comment
          Starting on Sunday

• Octopuppy thanks for the info!!

Comment

• Good luck to those reporting tomorrow. Was up there earlier today for military make up. Its cold... troopers look ready for a shark attack!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7457 users online. 259 members and 7198 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X