Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to everyone who just graduated, and good luck to everybody who is going to the academy in the coming weeks!
    Just wondering if someone could give me some advice for processing?

I'm ranked 62XX and got a 95.6 on the exam. Any idea when I'd be called for processing? (I assume the next upcoming processing weekend?)

Any advice for processing other than the obvious like train for the pt test, or get a good nights rest?

Thanks for the help and godspeed.

Comment

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to all those that made it to the academy, best of luck. To answer your question it’s a hit or miss there is no estimated timing to being called and a lot could change. My uncle he’s an investigator and he said I should get called sometime this year and I’m ranked 51**. So I’m not sure when you will be called but I’m just focusing in staying in shape because I don’t want to wait this long and finally get that letter and fail pt.

• Originally posted by bnooch18 View Post
    Congrats to everyone who just graduated, and good luck to everybody who is going to the academy in the coming weeks!
    Just wondering if someone could give me some advice for processing?

I'm ranked 62XX and got a 95.6 on the exam. Any idea when I'd be called for processing? (I assume the next upcoming processing weekend?)

Any advice for processing other than the obvious like train for the pt test, or get a good nights rest?

Thanks for the help and godspeed.
    They processed up to rank 4100 so if they call at least 2200 more ranks for next processing you will be called

Comment

• I was processed in September 2018....has anyone received anything regarding the next class ?
      Last edited by cruz21105; 01-03-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        So you were offered the January class and you didn’t accept?

• cruz21105
        cruz21105 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not been called for the class yet...... as of today I have not hear or received any notification for the Jan class. I'm willing to start in Jan. I'm willing to start now....
        Last edited by cruz21105; 01-03-2019, 04:13 PM.

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people were offered the January class from the second processing. The first processing was up to 2300 and you are only 200 ranks above that into the 1800 on the most recent pull. You should have been offered the class unless they really didn’t have much need for a second processing. Maybe they had a second processing to keep people on the hook for the next class? With a booming economy and a low turn out for the previous exam and processing maybe they did it to keep applicants engaged.

• cruz21105
        cruz21105 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the your input....Good luck to all that made the Jan 2019 class.

• My rank was 24XX. I went to processing in September and medical dec 15th. I too did not receive a letter nor a call for backfill. Good luck to 208! Keeping my fingers crossed for 209 class.

Comment

• cruz21105
        cruz21105 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like we are on the same boat. Good luck.. So If do not get call for the Jan 2019 class....we should make the July 2019 class.

• jaguarshark whats your input on this

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Thoughts on what?

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        jaguarshark the next processing and future academy

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Next processing is in March. Future Academy is anybody's guess.

• Food for thought for those on the back fill list. A friend of mine called member hiring unit today, He has already moved 7 spots closer to the front of the back fill list. So people have already had to differ. Depends on your spot on the list and how many people drop in the first 2 weeks will dictate your chance on making it in. Hope to see you guys there next Sunday!

Comment

• On the money order for meals do we leave the address blank? It doesn't specify an address in the packet like it does for the uniform moner orders.

Comment

• You leave it blank.. Good Luck ! STUDY & embrace the suck!!, cu it will!! Outdoor PT gear 5 minutes MOVE!

Comment

• reils49
            reils49 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations you’ve been transferred. Room change. Move!

• I heard there’s another processing weekend coming up. Stay tuned! Good luck to all the newbies next weekend. It’s gonna be a long 28 weeks. In the beginning you’re going to want to quit, question if this is what you really want, challenge your mind and body to it’s full potential in which you thought you never had. You’re going to have to dig deep and remember why you started this adventure to begin with, and rise to the top. You’ll be thankful you did it, and when you walk across that stage it’s a unprofound feeling of accomplishment and pride to finally say “I’m a New York State Trooper”.

Comment

• Charger16
            Charger16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Usually they are a month prior to the academy starting.

• ES_troop21
            ES_troop21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Goodafternoon, if they were to have another processing weekend do you know roughly how many people they call. Maybe those that went through it already would know how many people they called and showed up.

• Charger16
            Charger16 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES_troop21 only Albany knows that information. Legislature tells the State Police how many people they can hire depending on the budget. Once they give them a number, the State Police calculate how many people they’re going to process-I would assume based off statistics in the past. It is never the same exact number. Good luck to you. If you have anymore questions feel free to DM.

• Charger16
            Charger16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Charger16; 01-08-2019, 12:44 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted twice

• ES_troop21 they should send us an email this month regardless of your rank with that information

Comment

• ES_troop21
            ES_troop21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thank you I appreciate it

• ES_troop21 I believe they call a few thousand to process. I was the first class to be process and in the invite they said they were looking to process 3,000 that weekend. I have no idea how many actually ended up showing up but I think they try to get as many candidates as possible without it being to hectic.

Comment

• Tommy_V
            Tommy_V commented
            Editing a comment
            The first processing was 2300 and the second was 1800. They are up to rank 4100.

• Giantsfan101
            Giantsfan101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know. So how many they decide to process is all up to them.

• ES_troop21
            ES_troop21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the information I really hope so I can’t wait for it all to start.

• Has anyone been called from the Back fill list ??
          Good luck 208th.

Comment

• BizzyWell
            BizzyWell commented
            Editing a comment
            I went to the family orientation and our recruiter said they have already called people from the back fill

• cruz21105
            cruz21105 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks...looks like its going to be July for me. Good luck everyone that made the Jan. class

• Charger16
            Charger16 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are placed on the backfill list, you are still on standby up to 2 weeks after the academy starts. Many people quit the first couple of weeks, so it’s still possible to get into the upcoming class.

• cruz21105
            cruz21105 commented
            Editing a comment
            Charger16..
            Thanks for the information...

• Congrats to those accepted. PM me if you have questions. I'll try to answer what I can without spoiling it.

Comment

• Hope everyone has been shining their shoes

Comment

• The first PT test at Academy, if you failed. are they going to send you home?

Comment

• Charger16
                Charger16 commented
                Editing a comment
                No but they will make you wake up before everyone else in the morning and do remedial PT until you do pass the next one. Also they will let everyone know in front of the whole entire class how you came unprepared knowing you wanted this position.

• Endeavor22
                Endeavor22 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had surgrey 4 weeks ago and just started back working out Monday. I will be one of them most likely......

• Octopuppy
                Octopuppy commented
                Editing a comment
                Endeavor, if you put your mind to it there is no reason you can't get yourself back to that minimum standard in the 5 days before we leave. Not sure what your injury was but if you were in decent shape before it will come back very quickly. Eat right and train your ***** off and you'll save yourself in the end.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10019 users online. 337 members and 9682 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X