Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Congrats to those selected. What a great Christmas present. Good luck to all. I'll be taking a Military make up in January.

Comment

• Good luck 208! Make sure to bring your ATO a coffee your first day for double points

Comment

• Congratulations to all accepted!
      Can anyone advise what list number they got to to fill this class? I know several of the 1st processing group had to retake their physicals.
      I’m curious how many, if any from the September processing made it?
      Anyone know anyone from that Sept group that got in?

Comment

• BizzyWell
        BizzyWell commented
        Editing a comment
        I went through first processing and got in, ranked 2**

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Check the ranks of whoever got called for backfill, that should be the closest number.

• Homeland17
        Homeland17 commented
        Editing a comment
        How can you check/get that info?

• Endeavor22
        Endeavor22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was from the retake group, I am 20 on the backfill list.

• Happy New year's everyone! Be safe

Comment

• Hope you future 208ers are enjoying your last holiday off for about the next 20 years.

Comment

• Knowledge
          Knowledge commented
          Editing a comment
          The bitterness of the people on here is amazing.

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          My93rx - If it’s your normal day off you have the holiday off. Normally it rotates so one platoon has Christmas for 3-4 years and then the other platoon has it. I just had my first Christmas off in 10 years of law enforcement...

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          Knowledge - just wait until you get on the job. It gets much worse...lol.

• Knowledge
          Knowledge commented
          Editing a comment
          -Tommy-V - I never saw you reply to that other person that commented on that chain about hearing about having a 2019 exam also. They must be a troll to right?

• Hey guys, for those whom already been in, I'm 20 on the backfill list. Is this reachable ?

Comment

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you have a shot. It's crazy how many people think this is the job for them just to realize on the first night/first week they were mistaken. We lost a handful of recruits our first night and around 10 at the 2 week mark. We only had about 35 to begin with though so With over 200, I'd guess the numbers could be higher. For us, they couldn't back fill after the 2 week mark.

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          A conservative estimation is that 10% will drop within the backfill period. With the class being 250, I'd say it's very likely they'll reach you. Definitely be in PT shape.

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ That is what the recruiter told me way back in July as well, 2 weeks is the window to start and who ever is a backfill is for the next class. 3 friends of mine are also back fills some are in the 30’s and 40’s and i heard 4 people have already had to differ before the academy has even started. Stay ready!
          Last edited by TripleH92; 01-02-2019, 12:37 PM.

• Endeavor22
          Endeavor22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great, thanks guys. I'm very close back to pt shape. I'm a little worried I won't be at the 50% from the surgrey but I was told that if I fail the test in the beginning that I just get my was chewed and go on remedial p.t

• For the academy I realize we’re going to be responsible for getting haircuts on the weekends, for guys that have been through I’m curious if you just bought some clippers and had your girl cut your hair everytime your home?

Comment

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m getting a #2 or 3 all the way around, and like you said Bizzy, i’m going to keep it shaped up every weekend.

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Just buzz it to a #2 or lower and you can do it yourself in 5 minutes every weekend. Don't waste your time away from your friends and family going to a barber.

• Giantsfan101
          Giantsfan101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I bought a pair of clippers by the time weekend comes the last thing were going to want to do is go wait and get a haircut for an hour, easier just to do it at your house and save some money also. I went 2 all around aswell.

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          A 2 was too long for us. We were all zeros and skin.

• A few tips on packing for the first weeks:

1) bring air freshener. You're gonna stink from all the PT from morning PT and from the rest of the day. Staff lives in the dorms too and don't appreciate it smelling like a dumpster.

2) Pack as light as possible, especially for the first 2 weeks.

3) Alarm clock. Nothing fancy please.

4) liquid soap/body wash. Your showers are going to be literally 1 minute long. Wet, soap, rinse, done. Next.

5) bring a shaver, electric is fine.

6) it's fun for the staff, but for your own good please just wear a black suit. Don't go slim fit. I assume you know why. Many go to WalMart and buy a $20 suit off their "George" brand. It's unlikely you'll ever want to wear this suit again.

For some reason this surprises many recruits, but this organization and *especially* the Academy operates in a para-military environment. You will be addressed sternly and often angrily. You will be expected to march around, stand at attention, and say things loudly with a command voice. No looking around, no fidgeting, no questioning authority. Suck up the pain and learn as much as you can while attempting to stay positive. You must look out for each other and watch each other's back. The recruits you meet on night one will be your friends for the rest of your lives.

Comment

• MisdemeanorMike
          MisdemeanorMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by MisdemeanorMike; 01-18-2019, 09:17 PM.

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          Bring everything on the list. Including the wrestling shoes...don’t be that guy.

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that’s s good point, Last thing I want is to be that guy not that i was going to not bring them but was just asking around is all!

• Arctyler
          Arctyler commented
          Editing a comment
          Our recruiter told us don't worry about packing our wrestling shoes for the first week, she said it'll just be one more thing to weigh our bags down.

• Congrats 208, can anyone who has gotten their duffle bag already advise what size or brand they got?

Comment

• Don’t carpool for the first few weeks. It’s not good when your driver quits and you’re stuck trying to figure out a ride home Friday night.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Now it's strictly prohibited until they say so. Still doesn't ensure 100% compliance tho.

• reils49
          reils49 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m getting old

• Congrats to everyone who just graduated, and good luck to everybody who is going to the academy in the coming weeks!
        Just wondering if someone could give me some advice for processing?

I'm ranked 62XX and got a 95.6 on the exam. Any idea when I'd be called for processing? (I assume the next upcoming processing weekend?)

Any advice for processing other than the obvious like train for the pt test, or get a good nights rest?

Thanks for the help and godspeed.

Comment

• ES_troop21
          ES_troop21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to all those that made it to the academy, best of luck. To answer your question it’s a hit or miss there is no estimated timing to being called and a lot could change. My uncle he’s an investigator and he said I should get called sometime this year and I’m ranked 51**. So I’m not sure when you will be called but I’m just focusing in staying in shape because I don’t want to wait this long and finally get that letter and fail pt.

• I was processed in September 2018....has anyone received anything regarding the next class ?
        Last edited by cruz21105; 01-03-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          My rank from my notification is 252X
          Last edited by cruz21105; 01-03-2019, 01:25 PM.

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told thru an email in late Aug 2018 that they may reach my rank for the Jan class and If I would consider the Jan instead of the July class. Reason for the Sept processing. I passed everything up to this point.

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not been called for the class yet...... as of today I have not hear or received any notification for the Jan class. I'm willing to start in Jan. I'm willing to start now....
          Last edited by cruz21105; 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM.

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the your input....Good luck to all that made the Jan 2019 class.

• My rank was 24XX. I went to processing in September and medical dec 15th. I too did not receive a letter nor a call for backfill. Good luck to 208! Keeping my fingers crossed for 209 class.

Comment

• cruz21105
          cruz21105 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like we are on the same boat. Good luck.. So If do not get call for the Jan 2019 class....we should make the July 2019 class.

• Food for thought for those on the back fill list. A friend of mine called member hiring unit today, He has already moved 7 spots closer to the front of the back fill list. So people have already had to differ. Depends on your spot on the list and how many people drop in the first 2 weeks will dictate your chance on making it in. Hope to see you guys there next Sunday!

Comment

• On the money order for meals do we leave the address blank? It doesn't specify an address in the packet like it does for the uniform moner orders.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5219 users online. 283 members and 4936 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X