Comment

• BizzyWell
      BizzyWell commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in Brunswick just outside of Troy

• TripleH92
      TripleH92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did it show up on the informed delivery?!

• BizzyWell
      BizzyWell commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t have informed delivery

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      congratulations bro! hopefully I am right there with you, will know by 230!

• Deleted...
    Last edited by MisdemeanorMike; 01-18-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure you can defer at this point in the game, being you went through entire process and offered slot. I tried the same deal for aug 2014 academy and was not able to defer, it was either then, or would have to wait until next exam to retake and start entire process over again.

Hopefully it's changed so you have that option.

• SuperTrooperNY
      SuperTrooperNY commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder how many others will defer? Unfortunately I'm on the backfill list so this works in my favor.

• MisdemeanorMike
      MisdemeanorMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by MisdemeanorMike; 01-18-2019, 09:17 PM.

• Originally posted by MisdemeanorMike View Post
    I didn’t get the mail yet but I got an email from the recruiter inviting me to an orientation so I’m assuming good news. Unfortunately I will need to defer. Congrats to everyone who got their acceptance and good luck! Catch you on the flip side.
    I know nothing about your situation, and it’s often said here, but as someone who deferred think seriously about why your deferring. A whole variety of things can happen between now and the next class, and you may not be afforded the opportunity again. If you are given another shot, you could be at a substantial disadvantage, monetarily and seniority wise. They could freeze hiring. The tier of retirement could change - and there is a tier 7 in the works which could result in no pension and a defined contribution plan for future retirees. I know someone who deferred and ended up in tier 6 retirement instead of a lower tier. He now pays 6% of his salary to retirement he wouldn’t have had to. That’s $6000+ a year, times 20+ years, plus compounding interest, and he will “make” a quarter of a million dollars less than his counterparts who chose not to defer. We all have our lives and individual circumstances - but think long and hard because you may never get the opportunity again.

Comment

• Guys, I just received an email saying congratulations, and also inviting me to the family orientation but no actual mail as of yet. My mail comes in in the evening!

Comment

• TripleH92
      TripleH92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats bro! No email for me yet ( Troop E) and my mails coming soon!

• Jay1414
      Jay1414 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same got an orientation email, Troop K. Haven't gotten my mail yet.

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      congratulations man!

• Just got an email invite for family orientation, no mailman yet though...

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone, I just received a mass email from the troop K recruiter saying congratulations with dates for a family orientation regarding the academy. However, I have still not received the packet. Hope this info helps. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Congrats can’t wait to see everyone there! I’m in troop G I haven’t gotten any email yet about family orientation

Comment

• No email or mail yet Troop C
          Last edited by Giantsfan101; 12-21-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Just got an email about family orientation lol yeah!! Troop NYC
            Last edited by yoyo201818; 12-21-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Jtmazari
              Jtmazari commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the update
              Last edited by Jtmazari; 12-21-2018, 01:25 PM.

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

I know nothing about your situation, and it’s often said here, but as someone who deferred think seriously about why your deferring. A whole variety of things can happen between now and the next class, and you may not be afforded the opportunity again. If you are given another shot, you could be at a substantial disadvantage, monetarily and seniority wise. They could freeze hiring. The tier of retirement could change - and there is a tier 7 in the works which could result in no pension and a defined contribution plan for future retirees. I know someone who deferred and ended up in tier 6 retirement instead of a lower tier. He now pays 6% of his salary to retirement he wouldn’t have had to. That’s $6000+ a year, times 20+ years, plus compounding interest, and he will “make” a quarter of a million dollars less than his counterparts who chose not to defer. We all have our lives and individual circumstances - but think long and hard because you may never get the opportunity again.
            Why do they keep making retirement worse?

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              Uhhh the same reason anything changes... money.

• NYCopper
              NYCopper commented
              Editing a comment
              Let’s say I retire with an expected pension of $75,000 at 43 years old. If I live 20 years NY will pay out 1.5 million dollars. Multiply that by 500+ retiring Troopers a year...the numbers are astronomical. I just tried to do the calculation on my phone calculator and it gave me an error. So like jaguar said...money.

• Just got my packet! See you all there class 208!

Comment

• Got my email for the Family Orientation, Troop F

Comment

• Got my invite Troop E!! WE DID BY GOD WE F****** DID IT!!! CLASS 208!

Comment

• Troop A— Nothing

Comment

• Anyone else from troop G? If so, did you get an email

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8552 users online. 407 members and 8145 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X