Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember when I was at the processing weekend in june before i left, they made you read that waiver and sign it. If I recall it said something like this. I know it was longer than this quote. Also it may not be verbatim:

” Any police contact needs to be reported to Member hiring or your background investigator and can result in a disqualification “

I distinctly remember the trooper who i spoke to that weekend told me, “Read this to your self, Then read it back to me and explain what it means. Some people don’t understand what that means” .

Comment

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you get a ticket or anything that requires an appearance I would most definitely tell your BI, if you just get stopped and he lets you go I wouldn't worry about it.

• TripleH92
      TripleH92 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I’m saying is I’ve been driving like I’m taking my road test every time I leave the house. #10&2 LOL

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are stopped for any reason you need to contact them and let them know, even if they let you go with a warning.

• Tread lightly. Caw caw.

Comment

• It happened to me during the background stage and I contacted my investigator right away. I was only given a warning but better safe than sorry!

Comment

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get a ticket or just pulled over?

• Just pulled over that’s it

Comment

• I wish everyone that is going into the academy the best of luck and don’t give up. I can’t wait until I start my process. Any advice from those that has completed the process? Like what should I have ready etc... thanks in advance

Comment

• Giantsfan101
        Giantsfan101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just stay clean and be honest, if your fit for the job it will show!

• If you have ANY police contact you should be calling your BI until you walk through those Academy doors for your first night. Then you better be telling the academy staff until you walk across that stage 6 months later. They will find out!

Comment

• About the 1.5 run.. do they give a s*it about the weather or they’ll make you run in freezing temperatures outdoors?

Comment

• leo1112
          leo1112 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m SO glad we didn’t have a winter academy!!

• Giantsfan101
          Giantsfan101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha yeah should be interesting

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Not only do you run when it snows, you'll have to shovel a path first.

• Giantsfan101
          Giantsfan101 commented
          Editing a comment
          all the better lmao

• Damm. Thanks for the info

Comment

• When it snows you have to shovel the sidewalks and throw salt, depending on what day you have guard duty lol.

Comment

• Giantsfan101
            Giantsfan101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, better start practicing my technique than lol

• Interesting video for those that haven't seen it. https://youtu.be/ykfX1lJ_ayE
          Last edited by Octopuppy; 12-03-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Giantsfan101
            Giantsfan101 commented
            Editing a comment
            very interesting, I also heard they are trying to hold a class next summer.

• TripleH92
            TripleH92 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fingers crossed we all make it in ! #208

• Giantsfan101
            Giantsfan101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Couple more weeks!

• Is the class in January a definitely? heard from some people it might depend on the budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by DressRDress

I can honestly see why..... Getting shot and killed like Trooper Clark..... Micromanage.... My friends who are troopers say it's a horrible lifestyle..... From the younger guys..... When I was a child most troopers loved there career.... I have had high quality friends get DQ Ed .... Then I have to testify in a civil case where two troopers are being sued.... In my opinion for doing their jobs.... So sad.... The recruitment process for NY State Police is lacking imho
            I can see why they dropped you from the process. Your post has nothing to go with the topic.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

I can see why they dropped you from the process. Your post has nothing to go with the topic.
              I like your response..... True colors shine

Comment

• Originally posted by DressRDress View Post

I like your response..... True colors shine
                Why don’t you just tell us what happen bro? You had to reschedule your poly then you got DQ’d?

Comment

• What are the chances of getting into the 208 class if your medical is in two weeks? I’m hearing 40 Females and 211 Males were invited to the medical before this.

Comment

• Giantsfan101
                    Giantsfan101 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    However if you are in class 208, u will most likely find out after your medical since that's the weekend we are expecting our invitations

• SuperTrooperNY
                    SuperTrooperNY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m wondering the same thing as I’m in the same boat. I’m hoping to ask someone during my medical. Also my buddy told me they have backfils for people who quit the first couple weeks.

• Octopuppy
                    Octopuppy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What were your ranks?

• SuperTrooperNY
                    SuperTrooperNY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just checked and it’s 21xx

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10457 users online. 442 members and 10015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X