Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly I don’t know the answer to that, but you have to understand that some people get nervous or very jittery it doesn’t mean they are lying I guess they give you the benefit of doubt and investigate further into your background. Just my take on it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northjersey View Post
      Honestly I don’t know the answer to that, but you have to understand that some people get nervous or very jittery it doesn’t mean they are lying I guess they give you the benefit of doubt and investigate further into your background. Just my take on it!
      You are assuming some people fail Polys for being too nervous or too jittery but in most cases you do not fail for those reasons. The poly examiner expects you to be nervous.

Comment

• Your right, like I said that was my take on it. When I took it I was extremely relaxed and passed.

Comment

• "I'm pretty sure this isn't right. If you fail your poly you are eliminated from processing further."

Octopuppy either you are wrong or Northjersey investigator is wrong

Comment

• waspbite
            waspbite commented
            Editing a comment
            There are two pools. A & B. My investigator and poly guy said. Basically I’d be the scraps they use to fil classes. I haven’t been DQ but the poly guy said. It came out as deceptive for one question. Which I further explain. There was no re-test. Got my medical letter. Also they wouldn’t waste all this money to finally DQ me. It’s 3 options, DQ, Hire later, Hire now.

• Giantsfan101
            Giantsfan101 commented
            Editing a comment
            You got a point. I don't see why they would waste the money and time to further your BI as well as process you through medical weekend. Just doesn't make sense.

• jumpinbeans
            jumpinbeans commented
            Editing a comment
            Northjersey your forgetting another option. Being waitlisted and possibly never getting called while on that list. Hopefully that’s not the case but ya never know.

• waspbite
            waspbite commented
            Editing a comment
            That would fall on the Hire later section. Anything is better than a DQ, cause that means law enforcement prospects are over if you get a DQ

• https://nyp.st/2FFEkat

Comment

• An interesting article to read about all the troopers that have been retiring lately

Comment

• Abram0710
              Abram0710 commented
              Editing a comment
              Very encouraging.

• Good luck . Yeah if you fail poly ur done no if ands or but’s

Comment

• Originally posted by BizzyWell View Post
              An interesting article to read about all the troopers that have been retiring lately
              Interesting read, I actually had a question about the run. Any idea on what the pace is? What time should we be aiming to do for the 3 miles? Thanks in advance
              Last edited by Octopuppy; 11-26-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what rank number they are up to. I’m ranked 51**. Any predictions to when I will get contacted? Thanks for the help in advance.

Comment

• Giantsfan101
                  Giantsfan101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe they are right up around 4000-5000. or 97 on the exam,, so I would say early next year? maybe march

• Hi guys, found this forum and was hoping someone could answer a couple questions i have? just a little background my rank is approx. 2100, i failed the PAT in June but passed in September. I have my Medical next week and was wondering what are some of the things they check during the medical? Are they going to check hearing and vision again? or make us do any of the parts from the PAT again? Last question, what are the chances i make it into the next academy starting in January? if not will i have to wait till sometime around June when the next class starts? thanks for your help guys!

Comment

• Northjersey
                  Northjersey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In regards to the medical they just recheck your vision if you failed it during processing, and as far as the doctor they just make you strip and do a quick check up on you!

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They just look you over it’s a quick physical nothing major! I got there at 8:00 and was out by 11:00, longest part is waiting for the doctor! The uniform fitting process went smooth. Good luck man

• Giantsfan101
                  Giantsfan101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like TripleH said, the longest part is waiting for the doctor. I was examined by the doctor for prob no more than 10 minutes, and than was fitted for everything. Showed up at 830 was out by 1130-12.

• Originally posted by SuperTrooperNY View Post
                Hi guys, found this forum and was hoping someone could answer a couple questions i have? just a little background my rank is approx. 2100, i failed the PAT in June but passed in September. I have my Medical next week and was wondering what are some of the things they check during the medical? Are they going to check hearing and vision again? or make us do any of the parts from the PAT again? Last question, what are the chances i make it into the next academy starting in January? if not will i have to wait till sometime around June when the next class starts? thanks for your help guys!
                The medical was probably the easiest part of the process. They only check your vision if you failed and had lasik done, no pt test. I'd like to see how many they are inviting to this second medical.

Comment

• Giantsfan101
                  Giantsfan101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I couldn't imagine needing much more for this upcoming class? Crazy to see how fast they are processing people

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would guess around 300? the medical invite sheet said they always process more than they anticipate to hire? Definitely was the easiest part Octopuppy is right... The calm before the storm LOL!

• RIP Troop!
                Last edited by Northjersey; 11-30-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Hopefully this upcoming month of December has some good news for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan101 View Post
                  Hopefully this upcoming month of December has some good news for us!
                  Hopefully we all get a nice present before Christmas.

Comment

• So wait if we get pulled over or have anything happen, we are auto DQ? I'm gunna start walking everywhere.
                    Last edited by OfficerDotCom; 11-30-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Northjersey
                      Northjersey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t think that’s how it works!
                      Last edited by Northjersey; 11-30-2018, 05:19 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8057 users online. 288 members and 7769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X