Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they give you any reason as to why?

Comment

• They gave a vague letter. Reference is made to your application for nys trooper..... You do not meet all of the requirements.... Not at liberty to provide reason why I'm disqualified... Be advised state police will not process my current or any subsequent application. "This decision is final and will not be reviewed again."

I made it passed the poly, they finished my BI and i was only waiting for the medical packet. Debating if i should find ways to try to appeal or just send them a thank for this opportunity letter . This is my 2nd time doing this and last time i didn't pass day 1 of the processing weekend.

Comment

• Wow man, sorry to hear that I know it’s heartbreaking but keep your head up!!!

Comment

• acuna.alan
        acuna.alan commented
        Editing a comment
        Really is, got me giving up on law enforcement as a career. Ruined my whole weekend.

• Originally posted by acuna.alan View Post
      They gave a vague letter. Reference is made to your application for nys trooper..... You do not meet all of the requirements.... Not at liberty to provide reason why I'm disqualified... Be advised state police will not process my current or any subsequent application. "This decision is final and will not be reviewed again."

I made it passed the poly, they finished my BI and i was only waiting for the medical packet. Debating if i should find ways to try to appeal or just send them a thank for this opportunity letter . This is my 2nd time doing this and last time i didn't pass day 1 of the processing weekend.
      did you ever use drugs?

Comment

• Acuna-Alan, that sucks bro... they always preached we don’t want perfect people we just want honest people and nobody’s perfect.

Comment

• acuna.alan
        acuna.alan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it is. Sucks that i am a vet also, 2 college degrees.

• I have a question for anyone on here who has unfortunately got disqualified, if you log back in to check your written exam score on the trooper website does it still show up? Another empty mail box today.
      Last edited by TripleH92; 10-05-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• I get emails from the USPS that show me the days mail before it arrives. I’m getting something from the NYSP today I’ll keep you all updated.

Comment

• I got the medical processing letter it was sent in a regular sized envelope. It will be held Saturday November 3rd.

Comment

• TripleH92
        TripleH92 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bro that’s awesome congratulations!! I am currently camping at the mailbox lmao

• Bluelineinc
        Bluelineinc commented
        Editing a comment
        What are you ranked?

• NyNarc
        NyNarc commented
        Editing a comment
        Ranked around 7xx

• Omg that's awesome !!! I'll keep everyone updated as well!

Comment

• Congrats on the invite! I've got somthing coming from the nysp as well, hoping for an invite obviously. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• Octopuppy
          Octopuppy commented
          Editing a comment
          Well got my medical invite for November 3rd 8am! What times did you guys/girls have? And what was your original rank?

• NyNarc
          NyNarc commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats buddy. 8:30 am for me

• Nothing ... Now I have to wait till tuesday since no mail on Columbus Day. When was the letter post marked for? Ranked 12XX from what the original exam said.
        Last edited by TripleH92; 10-06-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• NyNarc
          NyNarc commented
          Editing a comment
          Postmarked October 4th

• TripleH92
          TripleH92 commented
          Editing a comment
          If it was postmarked the fourth hopefully I’ll get it Tuesday then! I’m about three hours west from Albany. I’m thankful though at least I got no news instead of bad news!
          Last edited by TripleH92; 10-06-2018, 02:37 PM.

• Got the medical invite. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the medical consists of? Do they draw blood? Eye exam?

I heard they size us up for stetsons and boots too.

Comment

• TripleH92
            TripleH92 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I’ve heard, you get a full physical from one of the doctors there, As well if you did not pass the vision test that weekend of the initial processing they will recheck it, I think I also heard you may have to update some stuff on your background just in case something has changed from when the investigator completed it? I’m not too sure about that though Probably another drug test and blood test? They check your height and weight too possibly . Then a few weeks after that they send you another letter if you got appointed or not! And I think they do take your measurements as well for the uniform and I think they do take your measurements as well.

• Congrats to those of you that got your final medical invite! And good luck to those that are still waiting. The rumor is that the report date is December 2 for the upcoming academy.

For those of you that have not been through an academy before, start saving your pennies now. There is a one month delay in getting your first pay. Your first few paychecks are also reduced for the salary withholding program, so they will be lower than you expect. You will have upfront costs with a long list of things to bring to the academy. You'll need several money orders in the beginning for uniform supplies and then weekly money orders for meals. Don't want to let the financial aspect prevent anyone from being successful in the academy, so prepare yourselves. Good luck again!

Comment

• NyNarc
            NyNarc commented
            Editing a comment
            What is the salary withholding program

• Do you have any idea how much meals would cost a week? And what would be the proximity that we would be spending on uniforms ?

Comment

• mwhite41
            mwhite41 commented
            Editing a comment
            Meal cost varies by academy, but probably around $60-70/week. The uniform costs are for PT gear, pants, and polos. IIRC, it was about $300 altogether for those uniform pieces.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9079 users online. 376 members and 8703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X