Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will get a invite to medical processing prior to your packet for the academy. Medical weekend is usually about a month prior to the start of the academy.

Comment

• I heard the academy will be mid-November to beginning of December!
      Last edited by Bluelineinc; 09-28-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• December******

Comment

• I am in the same boat as everyone else here, just waiting for my finial medical exam. BI was submitted 8/15 so now it’s a waiting game. Friend of mine that’s a trooper said he waited a while after his background was done before he got his last medical invitation. I’m glad to see that I’m not the only person who still waiting at this step!

Comment

• I had a friend that went this past weekend for the second round of processing, granted she didn't pass, but she said when she met with the troop recruiter, he said the first class should be Dec. 2nd, but it can always be pushed back.

Comment

• Same friend told me that they want a class for the fall of 2018 as well, but anything can happen at this point you are correct. I just hope since they processed all of these people they’re anticipating a class this year

Comment

• Octopuppy
                Octopuppy commented
                Editing a comment
                He is saying the first class off the 2018 list would be in December. The processing weekend they just had would be for the class after that starting sometime in the Spring.

• That’s what i figured he was saying, I Wonder how many people are left from the June 16th weekend at this step of the process from the initial group that showed up that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH92 View Post
                That’s what i figured he was saying, I Wonder how many people are left from the June 16th weekend at this step of the process from the initial group that showed up that weekend.
                Going from past trends I would say no more than 3-400 on the high side. If Dec 2nd is the correct date I would hope to hear somthing this week or next.

Comment

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope we get something soon as well man, just trying to be patient and stay ready for what is going to be coming our way. I feel like if we would have got disqualified we would’ve heard back at this point. Reiterating the fact that no news is good news so far I hope!

• Bluelineinc
                  Bluelineinc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Obviously it depends on the funding of the state to see how many candidates they will take for this first class. I heard that we are supposed to get the medical packet a month before the academy so maybe in the month of November or the last weekend of October. Best of luck to everyone! We can get a denial at any time but hopefully since we made it thus far we will get into the academy!

• Exactly BlueLineInc, we’re not out of the woods until we get the appointment letter. Budget and funding are always a huge factor in a class size. I was just happy i scored a 98.77 on the exam and was lucky to be in that first round of people to get in the door.

Comment

• Bluelineinc
                  Bluelineinc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I completely agree! I heard in our round of processing only 500 candidates made it past the Sunday back in June. That doesn't count for those who did not pass their background, poly or home visit! It looks like we are in pretty good shape, but I still go to my mailbox timidly everyday cause you don't know until you actually get ACCEPTED to the academy... Fingers crossed!

• Same here man, we have no idea how many people from that initial group Sunday made it to this point . I check the mailbox every day and each day I’m thankful there’s not a disqualification letter! It’s like every day is one step closer, fingers crossed for sure!

Comment

• Bluelineinc
                  Bluelineinc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TripleH92 I appreciate you being very polite with calling me man, but I'm actually a female lol, no harm done, just figured I'd let you know!

• BlueLineInc, my apologies!! Total foot in mouth moment!

Comment

• Somebody call their recruiter and get us information haha

This not hearing anything is killing me.

Comment

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha! no news is good news at this point! But the anticipation is drivin me nuts as well RunningEvan! I know they had a freeze for hiring people a couple years ago from what i heard, so I’m at least thankful we have a shot at this point!

• BizzyWell
                  BizzyWell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very true, I have a couple friends that work for the state and it’s a whole lot of hurry up and wait lol. New York can be very unpredictable sometimes, I heard they cancelled an academy class before

• Does anyone know how many troopers Albany appropriated funding for?

Comment

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard from a close friend who is a K9 Officer with the state, They want to hire around 230 but take that with a grain of salt. So many things go into how many they hire. Checked the mail again today and nothing!

• Octopuppy
                  Octopuppy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  230 would be a good sized class, hopefully your friend was correct. Nothing here yet either! Maybe next week...

• My rank number is #505 will I able to attend next upcoming academy?

Comment

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OctoPuppy I hope soon we hear back! Everyday is one day closer!

Yoyo201818. My rank was 12XX when the exam scores were released, I would guess no more than 400 people made it to the psychological exam the following sunday, judging by what i saw outside that day! With that being said, who knows how many other people from the initial weekend are awaiting the finial medical exam. There is so much up in the air at this point. I bet though our ranks will be in a lot better shape since the pool of people decreased with every step.
                  Last edited by TripleH92; 10-04-2018, 02:44 PM.

• Got my DQ letter last week. Should and can I appeal? Ive been thinking long and hard, or just let it go and take thr loss

Comment

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m sorry to hear that !! How far did you make it into the process? Did you take the polygraph and did the BI? Did it say why? Or just the generic “ You have been removed from the process “ If you don’t mind me asking

Building on what BizzyWell said: If you can fight it i would!! Can’t hurt to try
                  Last edited by TripleH92; 10-04-2018, 04:47 PM.

• BizzyWell
                  BizzyWell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you have an option to appeal then hell yeah I would. you never know if you’ll get another opportunity at this. I’m ranked 2xx and checking the mail everyday for that medical invite

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11785 users online. 464 members and 11321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X