Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The processing class that was held June 16th and 17th was for the next academy, which is to be held in the Fall of 2018. Not sure who you are hearing "mixed things" from, lol.

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      Finest recruits is definitely the wrong term. Highest scoring recruits is better.

• thinbluelinenys
      thinbluelinenys commented
      Editing a comment
      NYCopper I could agree with you on that, the way I used the term "Finest" is another way of simply saying "the best, higher than most".

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for the help! I will keep everyone updated. If you have any advice just let me know!

• Duplicate.

Comment

• If we sent in a deferment request due to a conflict, should we have expected to hear anything back from them? I will likely be pushing for the next processing weekend as I had to defer this one. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgrosch View Post
        If we sent in a deferment request due to a conflict, should we have expected to hear anything back from them? I will likely be pushing for the next processing weekend as I had to defer this one. Thanks!
        You will get a letter stating they accepted your deferment or you are eliminated from the process. They seem to be pretty liberal about the deferments though so as long as it was a valid reason you should be fine.

Comment

• Anyone know if we have to mail in the receipt anywhere from when you get fingerprinted? Was told I had to mail receipt to my employer but don't remember reading that anywhere on the paper we received.

Comment

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't believe you need to. I think you just need to keep it in case you need to verify it was completed. Maybe someone else can chime in.

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            We dont have to do any mailing at all! Just follow the instructions and you should be just fine. There is a code that we type in at the time of setting the appointment and that tells them everything they need to know. You can always call member hiring just to really confirm and tell them, but its not needed. Let me know if you have any more questions! I have my finger printing on Friday

• I had to defer. Has anyone who defered received anything back from them in regards to the deferment?

Comment

• Jgrosch
            Jgrosch commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not received anything after sending my deferment

• Hello Everyone!,
          I scored a 93 in the State Trooper exam and I am ranked 10,1xx ... Should I even expect a call? Or should I just expect to wait several years for a response from the NYSP? Thanks!

Comment

• reils49
            reils49 commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re reachable.

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Processing is past already as of last month but for years to come or for next processing its possible. Good luck

• Jr.90
            Jr.90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Expect a call in several years - you’re still in it.

• Background investigator interview this friday then polygraph!

Comment

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck!

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Seems to have went well but you never know, very long interview but i feel confident, I'll keep this page updated

• Northjersey
            Northjersey commented
            Editing a comment
            Anyone heard anything in regard to medical ?

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet Northjersey, I talked to my BI about 2 weeks ago and he said he was finished with my investigation and told me just to stay out of trouble and everything should be good. Going by past trends the invites seem to go out ~2 months before the start of the academy. So if it is a late November academy i would think we would be getting them around the end of this month or the start of October.

• I had my polygraph and was told I passed. Now just waiting to hear from my BI if he needs anything more. Good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job!! I passed poly as well, i have to meet with investigator one more time then its a wait! Good luck everyone

• DylanPaul
            DylanPaul commented
            Editing a comment
            Were you told right there in the room that you passed? I took my poly today, and I was told I would hear from my BI.

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Dylan, I was told in the room. I was getting a little worried because I hadn't heard from my BI but he recently got ahold of me.

• Received an email two weeks ago about the next processing, their planning a weekend in late September 2018 no exact date yet but they are inviting candidates to the rank of 4100 and those who deferred from the last processing.

Comment

• Last weekend in September. Get ready.

Comment

• Hello all,

I just received the packet regarding the processing weekend for the upcoming academy class. However, I don't know if I'll be wasting my time and money going forward with the process. About 3 years ago I was going through a rough period and I told a doctor about anxiety and depressive symptoms that I was having which was added to my medical file. This was a very short-lived situation and this doesn't impact my life at all (and hasn't for some time.) So my question is: will this be an immediate disqualification when this inevitably comes up?

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
                Ssbuffalo commented
                Editing a comment
                Generally, based on what you stated, it wouldn't be an auto DQ. You will go through a psych examination and it will be determined then. Just be prepared to discuss it and more.

Just make sure it is the job for you most importantly. Like I tell everyone, don't get your hopes up, just make it through the process first. The academy is also a long 6-7 months and people still quit during fto because they decide that the job isn't for them.

• Charger16
                Charger16 commented
                Editing a comment
                With your first statement I would highly suggest and consider to find a different career path.

• Word in the academy is there’s a possessing weekend coming up shortly for you guys. Best suggestion I can give you all is to start getting yourself in tip top shape for the next academy. Do burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, and run as much as you possibly can. Try to have a good sleeping schedule. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• Anyone received medical invites yet?

Comment

• jwalke1992
                  jwalke1992 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I Think They Sent Out A Package For Those With List Numbers Up To 4100, And They Will Have Their Medical’s Coming Up Late Sep

• Yeah I passed everything I’m just waiting for the medical package for the upcoming academy which is tentatively to start in November, I was just wondering if anyone here had received it yet. one of my friends received a DQ letter last week.

Comment

• Octopuppy
                  Octopuppy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats too bad, did he have any idea why? I haven't received anything yet, my guess would be next week at the earliest.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9903 users online. 458 members and 9445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X