300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!,
    I scored a 93 in the State Trooper exam and I am ranked 10,1xx ... Should I even expect a call? Or should I just expect to wait several years for a response from the NYSP? Thanks!

Comment

• reils49
      reils49 commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re reachable.

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Processing is past already as of last month but for years to come or for next processing its possible. Good luck

• Jr.90
      Jr.90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Expect a call in several years - you’re still in it.

• Background investigator interview this friday then polygraph!

Comment

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck!

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Seems to have went well but you never know, very long interview but i feel confident, I'll keep this page updated

• Northjersey
      Northjersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone heard anything in regard to medical ?

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet Northjersey, I talked to my BI about 2 weeks ago and he said he was finished with my investigation and told me just to stay out of trouble and everything should be good. Going by past trends the invites seem to go out ~2 months before the start of the academy. So if it is a late November academy i would think we would be getting them around the end of this month or the start of October.

• I had my polygraph and was told I passed. Now just waiting to hear from my BI if he needs anything more. Good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job!! I passed poly as well, i have to meet with investigator one more time then its a wait! Good luck everyone

• DylanPaul
      DylanPaul commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you told right there in the room that you passed? I took my poly today, and I was told I would hear from my BI.

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dylan, I was told in the room. I was getting a little worried because I hadn't heard from my BI but he recently got ahold of me.

• Received an email two weeks ago about the next processing, their planning a weekend in late September 2018 no exact date yet but they are inviting candidates to the rank of 4100 and those who deferred from the last processing.

Comment

• Last weekend in September. Get ready.

Comment

• Hello all,

I just received the packet regarding the processing weekend for the upcoming academy class. However, I don't know if I'll be wasting my time and money going forward with the process. About 3 years ago I was going through a rough period and I told a doctor about anxiety and depressive symptoms that I was having which was added to my medical file. This was a very short-lived situation and this doesn't impact my life at all (and hasn't for some time.) So my question is: will this be an immediate disqualification when this inevitably comes up?

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
          Ssbuffalo commented
          Editing a comment
          Generally, based on what you stated, it wouldn't be an auto DQ. You will go through a psych examination and it will be determined then. Just be prepared to discuss it and more.

Just make sure it is the job for you most importantly. Like I tell everyone, don't get your hopes up, just make it through the process first. The academy is also a long 6-7 months and people still quit during fto because they decide that the job isn't for them.

• Charger16
          Charger16 commented
          Editing a comment
          With your first statement I would highly suggest and consider to find a different career path.

• Word in the academy is there’s a possessing weekend coming up shortly for you guys. Best suggestion I can give you all is to start getting yourself in tip top shape for the next academy. Do burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, and run as much as you possibly can. Try to have a good sleeping schedule. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• Anyone received medical invites yet?

Comment

• jwalke1992
            jwalke1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            I Think They Sent Out A Package For Those With List Numbers Up To 4100, And They Will Have Their Medical’s Coming Up Late Sep

• Yeah I passed everything I’m just waiting for the medical package for the upcoming academy which is tentatively to start in November, I was just wondering if anyone here had received it yet. one of my friends received a DQ letter last week.

Comment

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats too bad, did he have any idea why? I haven't received anything yet, my guess would be next week at the earliest.

• Yeah i think I have an idea why, but the letter didn’t give him a reason. Yeah bro that’s what I’m thinking next wee, end of the month. What was your rank ?

Comment

• Octopuppy
            Octopuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Im 16XX, at this point no news is good news i think.

• Yeah same here, yeah your right bro!

Comment

• I recently got a bad injury to my left forearm and its bandaged up. Does not hurt and I have full range of motion but I have to keep it covered then braces for a while! It does not change the way of motions at all but does anyone know possibly if they will not allow me to Academy coming up!? Everything went very well, Processing background and everything and I haven't got a DQ letter. my rank number was I believe 17**. Please let me know! I'm concerned

Comment

• I think you should be fine honestly bro, the next academy is tentatively schedule for middle of November you have more than enough time to heal properly and go in without the bandage. I wouldn’t worry about it. Did you know if your bi package was sent in already ?

Comment

• Coleguy7
                Coleguy7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah but after it heals I will have to be in a removable brace the length of my forearm for a few months because my wrist was messed up. I personally feel fine and I workout for a living and its my job but I will without a doubt have that brace on, I'll still have full range of motion but for support purposes i need it on they said . Thanks for your response bro! And by the way my BI packet was sent in weeks ago possibly over a month, went smoothly I assume but we can get DQ at any time, lets just hope that does not happen.

• Oh okay damn bro sorry to hear that, I mean if your that worried about it call the hiring unit And explain to them what’s goin on, most likely all your gunna have to do is sent in your paper work from your doctor. I haven’t heard from my BI for about a month but he never told me if my package was sent. So I don’t know what’s goin on. We should be receiving medicals soon.

Comment

• Coleguy7
                Coleguy7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah ill call for sure and ask them because I am 100% fine but i have to wear that brace. He probably sent your packet in already because they were due a while ago, my Investigator told me straight up that he sent my packet in and now its all in Albany's hands. I hope everything goes well for you and good luck!

• Thanks brother likewise for You, deff call the hiring unit ASAP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3455 users online. 197 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X