Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to defer appointment until completing college education?

Comment

• Dlec241125
      Dlec241125 commented
      Editing a comment
      What list number are you

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
    Current class graduates in November so you guys will go in a few weeks after
    Would this mean they would start processing further down the list during May 2019? (AKA 6 months in from the current class) If the next class starts November 2018?
    Last edited by LukeSW; 05-31-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm813 View Post
      Is it possible to defer appointment until completing college education?
      Yes but that’s a bad idea (imo). Unless your on a full ride at a service academy or Ivy League school - college is always going to be there. If you defer NYSP could go on a hiring freeze and you could miss your one chance.

Comment

• Do they call people in for processing as they lose people or do they only call a certain number of people in until the next processing weekend?

Comment

• Jr.90
          Jr.90 commented
          Editing a comment
          No to your first question. Yes to your second.

• Do you think it’s possible to be called with an 87 score?

Comment

• Jr.90
          Jr.90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anything is possible, but I highly doubt it - what’s your list number?

• What are the chances of getting a packet I got a 97.4 list number 30XX?

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Getting a packet when? Today? Can you be less vague in your questions?

• ckouts4
          ckouts4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chances of getting a packet for the June 16th/17th procesing weekend ~= 0%
          Chances of getting a packet a few weeks before the fall processing weekend, whenever that is ~= 100%
          See you there
          Last edited by ckouts4; 06-06-2018, 03:51 PM.

• List 97.6, Rank 2757. No packet but in hope for Fall of this year for second processing class. Good luck to those going out on the16/17. Give it 110%. Chance of a lifetime right here!

Comment

• GL to all those processing bang out those sit ups!!!!!! Most ppl fail that portion

Comment

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was there today and i can agree! Many people fail sit ups right off the start. Was a great weekend and things went smooth, now just to finish strong and pray for the best! Good luck everyone

• Buddy of mine failed sit-ups. Ranked 8xx. Hope everyone did well today and best of luck for those who passed and onto the next step

Comment

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Is it true that if we just had processing this weekend, we have a chance to be in the next upcoming academy?? I've been hearing mixed things

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Uhh yeah. What else would be the point of all that?

• Jr.90
            Jr.90 commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s nothing “mixed” about it. The last processing was held for the upcoming class. You’d be foolish to take advice from anyone who tells you otherwise. Be ready.

• The processing class that was held June 16th and 17th was for the next academy, which is to be held in the Fall of 2018. Not sure who you are hearing "mixed things" from, lol.

Comment

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Finest recruits is definitely the wrong term. Highest scoring recruits is better.

• thinbluelinenys
            thinbluelinenys commented
            Editing a comment
            NYCopper I could agree with you on that, the way I used the term "Finest" is another way of simply saying "the best, higher than most".

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Fair enough

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you all for the help! I will keep everyone updated. If you have any advice just let me know!

• Duplicate.

Comment

• If we sent in a deferment request due to a conflict, should we have expected to hear anything back from them? I will likely be pushing for the next processing weekend as I had to defer this one. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgrosch View Post
              If we sent in a deferment request due to a conflict, should we have expected to hear anything back from them? I will likely be pushing for the next processing weekend as I had to defer this one. Thanks!
              You will get a letter stating they accepted your deferment or you are eliminated from the process. They seem to be pretty liberal about the deferments though so as long as it was a valid reason you should be fine.

Comment

• Anyone know if we have to mail in the receipt anywhere from when you get fingerprinted? Was told I had to mail receipt to my employer but don't remember reading that anywhere on the paper we received.

Comment

• Octopuppy
                  Octopuppy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't believe you need to. I think you just need to keep it in case you need to verify it was completed. Maybe someone else can chime in.

• Coleguy7
                  Coleguy7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We dont have to do any mailing at all! Just follow the instructions and you should be just fine. There is a code that we type in at the time of setting the appointment and that tells them everything they need to know. You can always call member hiring just to really confirm and tell them, but its not needed. Let me know if you have any more questions! I have my finger printing on Friday

• I had to defer. Has anyone who defered received anything back from them in regards to the deferment?

Comment

• Jgrosch
                  Jgrosch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have not received anything after sending my deferment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4816 users online. 322 members and 4494 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X