Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people putting an address/memo on the money order for the meals?

Comment

• For meals no address. In memo “meals week 1”

Comment

• I wonder how many back fills they’re up too?
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• NK9Y
          NK9Y commented
          Editing a comment
          I call 8. 5 that never made it to the parking lot and 3 that decided that "it's not for them" before 10pm.

• Hey guys.

I was wondering if anyone here would have reliable information in regards to troop assignment. Being that I’m from one of the NYC boroughs, what are my chances of being assigned down here rather than upstate?

thanks!

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          The quick answer is: currently you have a good chance. The real answer is: you need to read through this thread, or at least the past 50 pages. There's a ton of great info you probably should know if you're interested in this job.

• Well on Friday I was 18 and Monday at noon I was 17

Comment

• Results for the 2017 test are out!

Comment

• Scores are out!
          Last edited by Experimental; 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Experimental View Post
            Scores are out, got ranked under 500!!!
            What was your grade? I got a 98.7, ranked 13XX, no veteran points

Comment

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              I recieved a grade over a 100.

• I got a 97.5 ranked 29XX

Do they go that far down the list? And if they do how long will I have to wait?

congrats to everyone that did well!

Comment

• Arctyler
              Arctyler commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe they call the first 3000 ranks for processing first week of June from what I've heard. If they do I'll be there too.

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              They canvas 1000 people for a 100 person class size. The biggest class size they have is 200, so you’ll either sneak in on the first one or definitely be on the second one they have. This info is on their website.
              Last edited by Experimental; 05-16-2018, 05:37 PM.

• Jr.90
              Jr.90 commented
              Editing a comment
              They have had classes larger than 200. The 206th started with about 225.

• I believe there's a processing June 16-17. First 3-4,000 you gotta get physically ready fast.

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, definite.

• ilovelamp
              ilovelamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Experimental, I suggest you read through previous pages on this thread before you question others regarding "reliable" information.

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah I’m good bro.

• ilovelamp
              ilovelamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, bro. Good luck!

• Got a 96/list 44xx. Is there a chance of getting called with this? Or can anyone give a wait time?

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              You'll get called, anywhere from now to 10 months assuming no hiring freeze.

• So i scored 95 on test was 65xx. I see on the list of qualifications color blindness is one. I currently am a correction officer and am partialy color blind and had to have a special eye test done in order to get the job. Anyone have any insight if you can be partialy color blind and still get the job or am i just wasting my time going and trying. Thanks

Comment

• Charger16
              Charger16 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can’t have any sort of color blindness

• lopchurng
              lopchurng commented
              Editing a comment
              Atvriderjd pm me

• In current class now , be ready physically it is TOUGH!

Comment

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              Does it simmer down as the weeks go on or is it a constant smoke fest the whole 6 months.

• Ssbuffalo
              Ssbuffalo commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't get any easier, but you get better.

• Charger16
              Charger16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Best advice is to practice burpees, push-ups and running a lot. It’s really tough and you hold up the class if you’re not up to speed with everyone else. You stick out and get called out constantly

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              haha, 2 weeks down, an eternity more to go.

• Originally posted by Just curious55 View Post
            I got a 97.5 ranked 29XX

Do they go that far down the list? And if they do how long will I have to wait?

congrats to everyone that did well!

Top 2000 get called each process so expect to wait awhile

Comment

• Experimental I strongly advise you to do a little reading before posting on this forum. Jaguarshark has been on this forum for years and on the job and you would know that if you just read a little “BRO”, and is a very reliable source and has had answered many questions that have been posted on here by individuals that are on he job now such as myself and of future Troopers. And as the largest class being 200 you might want to check your information or source. There has been many classes over the 200 mark. My class the 204th started with 250 and graduated 226. There was even a time where they held two academy classes at the same time in two different parts of the state. So be careful of the smarta** comments you post on here as it could bite you in the a** if you get into the academy.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha, ladies and gentlemen, your potential future classmate right here!

• Losingle08
                Losingle08 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not an issue, Good luck with the process. Hope everything goes well for you.

• Jr.90
                Jr.90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Experimental, Losingle08 isn’t using scare tactics - it’s facts. I know it might not make total sense to you since you’re not a Trooper, but the NYSP has plenty of candidates to choose from and having any negative attitude on an internet forum IS enough to not get you hired. It’s all part of investigating your character - what you do and say when no one is looking. It’s great that your in LE already, so you have an idea, but the NYSP is very strict with the little things. I’ve seen people get fired from the academy for directing a seemingly harmess joke at another recruit. And that’s just one example. The little stuff is what gets you canned. Truthfully, it’s not about what you think “I’m good bro” means, it’s how Division will interpret it, and they’ll tell you what they know it means. In the NYSP, perception is everything. I’m just trying to save you the trouble of having to deal with it. I’m sure Losingle08 is doing the same. We all look to help where we can on here. Good luck to you.
                Last edited by Jr.90; 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM.

• ilovelamp
                ilovelamp commented
                Editing a comment
                I was wondering how long it was going to take for others to pick up on the "bro" response. This is the type of attitude that gets your face on a flyer and posted around your station 3 days off fto..

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13758 users online. 454 members and 13304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X