Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop K guys and gals haven't heard anything either. NYC guys got info regarding the orientation for April 24th

Comment

• The orientation is just to tell you basics like that the Academy is residential and it's not easy etc etc. The recruiter will do some Q & A. Nothing earth shattering.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• I gotting 3 miles in today , 1.5 as fast as I can then slowing it down the rest of the way...

Comment

• deleted deleted deleted
          Last edited by leo1112; 04-21-2018, 12:54 PM. Reason: Deleted DeletedDeleted

Comment

• The packet doesn't specify whether or not we should bring shaving supplies. Will it be provided at the academy? What should we bring besides what the packet says? It just says bring "personal incidentals"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockman View Post
              The packet doesn't specify whether or not we should bring shaving supplies. Will it be provided at the academy? What should we bring besides what the packet says? It just says bring "personal incidentals"...
              Bring what you need to maintain the grooming standard on a daily basis obviously. I'd suggest bringing a buzzer too in case you or your buddies foolishly show up with longer hair.

Comment

• Spoke with member hiring on the phone- I wasn’t sure if we check in on Sunday if we have to leave and return the next morning (they didn’t specify in the packet only gave us times). They confirmed we are staying there overnight and locked in until Friday. They also didn’t specify what we should be putting our belongings in? Is everyone just bringing a large duffle bag and a small bag for bathroom stuff?

Ps. Did anyone get a email invite for orientation in troop E?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                  dutchessNY89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm going with a logo free black dufflebag with only handles, no shoulder strap.

• Charger16
                  Charger16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s what I’m thinking too ! Thanks dutchess

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
                That’s what I’m thinking too ! Thanks dutchess
                Good thinking. But what about the white shirts? They are probably going to get wrinkled... I'm not sure if bringing them in hangers is a good idea.

Comment

• Pack everything in your duffel bag. Do not try and carry an extra suit or extra white shirts in your hand ( it will attract The ATO’s attention which you do not want right when you get there). Get a small bathroom bag to put your personal grooming materials in. I do not ever remember taking my suit jacket off so if your shirt is a little wrinkled it more and likely will not be seen (you can also bring an iron which someone from the quad usually did). Also remember try to carry your duffel bag in your non shooting hand before going to the academy. If you have trouble carrying it you might want to pack lighter. I do not know if they put this in the packet but I would also get a small mesh laundry bag for your dirty laundry. I often kept it in my duffle bag that you place under the bed or in under the sink in the bathroom.

Comment

• Soooo about getting a hair cut, do we need to just buzz off all our hair or high and tight cut. With a 0 on the sides and a 1” ontop?

Comment

• Either should be good. I went with high and tight and never got called out for it.

Comment

• Shockman
                        Shockman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Should we bring two suits?

• Losingle08
                        Losingle08 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No need for two suits. I got away with just one. An extra pair of pants would not hurt just In case if you are getting smoked and rip them.

• Received an email from recruiting yesterday. The test scores for the 2017 exam should be in by May 17th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Werdesheim View Post
                        Soooo about getting a hair cut, do we need to just buzz off all our hair or high and tight cut. With a 0 on the sides and a 1” ontop?
                        I would just do a 1 or 2 around your whole head. A) it keeps you under the radar and no ATO will bother you about your haircut. B) You can easily cut it yourself over the weekends so you won't have to take time away from your family at the barber getting some kind of sick fade.

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
                          Ssbuffalo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I invested in some cheap clippers and just buzzed my head every sunday with a 1 or a 0. Save money and time.

• https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/...rd/20094M.html. Would this be acceptable?

Comment

• reils49
                          reils49 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just put a shine on them.

• From all the bate oxfords I tried on these are the most confortable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5203 users online. 320 members and 4883 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X