Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard 150-175 for this class but not to sure, that is just the word on the street. I know they were trying to get 250 but don’t know if they got the budget for a class that big this time around.

Comment

• 1trooper
      1trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I heard similar that they were trying for 250 depending on funds.

• I wouldn't mind a smaller class. Less lines, less hurry up and wait. Easier living quarters with bathrooms etc.

But this is all assumptions based on what others say. Guess we won't really know the pros and cons until we're getting yelled at lol.

Comment

• Less people means the less you get to hide lol. My class started off with 250 ended up graduating 226 it was pretty easy to stay off the radar. I had a couple of lighting rods (people who attracted all the staffs attention) in my class which was good because when you messed up on something little it was not a big deal.

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
        Ssbuffalo commented
        Editing a comment
        I second that. There are people who do completely stupid things throughout the academy. Dont be one of those persons, and try hard. When you inevitably mess something up they are more apt to let it slide or not punish you as harshly.
        Last edited by Ssbuffalo; 04-18-2018, 11:19 AM.

• reils49
        reils49 commented
        Editing a comment
        We graduated with 88. No hiding out there.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn 88 everybody in the spot light lol

• hello all, congrats to those that got acceptance letters.

I'm #4 on back up list, boy do i really hope they get to me before the start of the academy.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your rank cam? Class of 175 sounds like a good size. I'm stoked. Keep your head up. Your so close.

• CAM24
        CAM24 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying thank you, my rank was 146xx

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        damn 900 spots away from me and im 30

• You guys have been quiet. How’s everyone training going, I’m glad I got soreness out of the way from running already and didn’t wait until the academy to start haha

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Trooper, I went on a 1.5 mile run and then quarter mile sprints until I got up to 3 miles. Running has never been "my thing" despite playing soccer and swimming on and off in college. Doing 100 situps 100 push-ups every other night as well with jumping jacks and leg lifts sprinkled in. Tomorrow in the AM going for a three mile run then later at night more sprints.

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Trying to push it hard this weekend and upcoming week then dial it back as we get closer to may 6th.

• 1trooper
        1trooper commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’ve been running 3 miles every other day and doing my fare share of sit-ups, push-ups, and burpees

• In regards to the family orientation - if I'm not married, should I just go by myself, not at all? Is anyone else from Troop NYC going to one of the orientation sessions?

Comment

• backslash
        backslash commented
        Editing a comment
        Check your pm

• 1trooper
        1trooper commented
        Editing a comment
        When should we be receiving info on orientation?

• mwhite41
        mwhite41 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you get info about this? I haven't received anything yet in Troop E area.

• 05mets1993
        05mets1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the email yesterday morning

• Troop K guys and gals haven't heard anything either. NYC guys got info regarding the orientation for April 24th

Comment

• The orientation is just to tell you basics like that the Academy is residential and it's not easy etc etc. The recruiter will do some Q & A. Nothing earth shattering.
        ​​​​​

Comment

• I gotting 3 miles in today , 1.5 as fast as I can then slowing it down the rest of the way...

Comment

• deleted deleted deleted
            Last edited by leo1112; 04-21-2018, 01:54 PM. Reason: Deleted DeletedDeleted

Comment

• The packet doesn't specify whether or not we should bring shaving supplies. Will it be provided at the academy? What should we bring besides what the packet says? It just says bring "personal incidentals"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockman View Post
                The packet doesn't specify whether or not we should bring shaving supplies. Will it be provided at the academy? What should we bring besides what the packet says? It just says bring "personal incidentals"...
                Bring what you need to maintain the grooming standard on a daily basis obviously. I'd suggest bringing a buzzer too in case you or your buddies foolishly show up with longer hair.

Comment

• Spoke with member hiring on the phone- I wasn’t sure if we check in on Sunday if we have to leave and return the next morning (they didn’t specify in the packet only gave us times). They confirmed we are staying there overnight and locked in until Friday. They also didn’t specify what we should be putting our belongings in? Is everyone just bringing a large duffle bag and a small bag for bathroom stuff?

Ps. Did anyone get a email invite for orientation in troop E?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                    dutchessNY89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm going with a logo free black dufflebag with only handles, no shoulder strap.

• Charger16
                    Charger16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s what I’m thinking too ! Thanks dutchess

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
                  That’s what I’m thinking too ! Thanks dutchess
                  Good thinking. But what about the white shirts? They are probably going to get wrinkled... I'm not sure if bringing them in hangers is a good idea.

Comment

• Pack everything in your duffel bag. Do not try and carry an extra suit or extra white shirts in your hand ( it will attract The ATO’s attention which you do not want right when you get there). Get a small bathroom bag to put your personal grooming materials in. I do not ever remember taking my suit jacket off so if your shirt is a little wrinkled it more and likely will not be seen (you can also bring an iron which someone from the quad usually did). Also remember try to carry your duffel bag in your non shooting hand before going to the academy. If you have trouble carrying it you might want to pack lighter. I do not know if they put this in the packet but I would also get a small mesh laundry bag for your dirty laundry. I often kept it in my duffle bag that you place under the bed or in under the sink in the bathroom.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8611 users online. 442 members and 8169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X