Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was ranked 113xx they didn’t reach my # last time either furthest I heard they reached was 9k around there

Comment

• Accidental
      Last edited by ysfj2810; 04-16-2018, 03:08 PM. Reason: Whoops... accidental

Comment

• I was always up around 4:50am, asleep 10:30-11. Prepare to be exhausted lol. If you are in an 8 person quad you have to coordinate.

Chow and evening brief are the best times of the day.. the only times you can really relax . And the food is great...

edit: feel free to pm me if you have questions, ill answer what i can without spoiling the experience

Comment

• Deleted deleted deleted
          Last edited by leo1112; 04-16-2018, 09:31 PM. Reason: None

Comment

• I was apart of the 206th brought in on July 16th 2017, just like you all it was my dream career and tragedy struck at home, make sure everything is in order before you leave. Having to leave once you are there will scar you forever, and getting back in is twice as hard ! bring what is on the list and don't over pack.

Best of luck, be safe

Comment

• Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait

Comment

• Originally posted by 1trooper View Post
                Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait
                For PT I think they just needed to be white. There are laundry facilities but most people did their laundry over the weekends, and just used the facilities for emergency situation (ie. Just got smoked in PT gear and need it cleaned to get smoked later in the day, etc).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1trooper View Post
                  Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait
                  White socks for PT, black or dark socks for suits. God help you if you mix them up. Length doesn't really matter, but most will have crew.

There is a laundry room, but that privilege isn't for a few weeks in. You'll get to enjoy a stinky, sweaty suit for awhile.
                  ​​

Comment

• 1trooper
                    1trooper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha thanks, I’m ok with that. Just be happy to be there

• jaguarshark
                    jaguarshark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also bring a non-radio alarm clock. There may be times the ATOs will kindly awaken you, but usually you'll have to arise on your own.

• Has anyone heard of a confirmed class size? Just curious

Comment

• CAM24
                    CAM24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    class size of 175

• I heard 150-175 for this class but not to sure, that is just the word on the street. I know they were trying to get 250 but don’t know if they got the budget for a class that big this time around.

Comment

• 1trooper
                    1trooper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I heard similar that they were trying for 250 depending on funds.

• I wouldn't mind a smaller class. Less lines, less hurry up and wait. Easier living quarters with bathrooms etc.

But this is all assumptions based on what others say. Guess we won't really know the pros and cons until we're getting yelled at lol.

Comment

• Less people means the less you get to hide lol. My class started off with 250 ended up graduating 226 it was pretty easy to stay off the radar. I had a couple of lighting rods (people who attracted all the staffs attention) in my class which was good because when you messed up on something little it was not a big deal.

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
                      Ssbuffalo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I second that. There are people who do completely stupid things throughout the academy. Dont be one of those persons, and try hard. When you inevitably mess something up they are more apt to let it slide or not punish you as harshly.
                      Last edited by Ssbuffalo; 04-18-2018, 10:19 AM.

• reils49
                      reils49 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We graduated with 88. No hiding out there.

• leo1112
                      leo1112 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn 88 everybody in the spot light lol

• hello all, congrats to those that got acceptance letters.

I'm #4 on back up list, boy do i really hope they get to me before the start of the academy.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What was your rank cam? Class of 175 sounds like a good size. I'm stoked. Keep your head up. Your so close.

• CAM24
                      CAM24 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm trying thank you, my rank was 146xx

• Gummertime
                      Gummertime commented
                      Editing a comment
                      damn 900 spots away from me and im 30

• You guys have been quiet. How’s everyone training going, I’m glad I got soreness out of the way from running already and didn’t wait until the academy to start haha

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Trooper, I went on a 1.5 mile run and then quarter mile sprints until I got up to 3 miles. Running has never been "my thing" despite playing soccer and swimming on and off in college. Doing 100 situps 100 push-ups every other night as well with jumping jacks and leg lifts sprinkled in. Tomorrow in the AM going for a three mile run then later at night more sprints.

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Trying to push it hard this weekend and upcoming week then dial it back as we get closer to may 6th.

• 1trooper
                      1trooper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I’ve been running 3 miles every other day and doing my fare share of sit-ups, push-ups, and burpees

• In regards to the family orientation - if I'm not married, should I just go by myself, not at all? Is anyone else from Troop NYC going to one of the orientation sessions?

Comment

• backslash
                      backslash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Check your pm

• 1trooper
                      1trooper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When should we be receiving info on orientation?

• mwhite41
                      mwhite41 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When did you get info about this? I haven't received anything yet in Troop E area.

• 05mets1993
                      05mets1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Got the email yesterday morning

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2976 users online. 124 members and 2852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X