Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone who ranked 15500 plus get an invite to be on the backfill list???

Comment

• bk1010
      bk1010 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 16xxx and haven’t gotten/heard anything yet

• jserpa
      jserpa commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 156xx and no call for a backfill..

• I graduated a couple of classes ago and even with extra weeks that were added on at the end there was no swimming familiaration. We just did some extra active shooter and other scenarios. Congrats to the guys getting the acceptance letter. It will be a miserable 29’weeks but it is all worth it. Push ups, sit ups, run and burpees, that is all you need to do. Also does not hurt to do other exercises such as flutters kicks and jumping jacks ( you will be surprised how difficult they become after doing them for ten minutes straight). Don’t be that guy who shows up and does 12 sit ups (someone from the 205th did that) on the first fitness test, instructors will make you life at the academy a living Hell and will not be fun. Good luck to you guys. If you have any questions post them I will try and help but not reveal to much as that will take the fun out of the academy.
    Last edited by Losingle08; 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
      dutchessNY89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps you can turn on your PMs on the site for us as well losingle08. Thanks for all your input!

• Can anyone recommend a pair of Oxford shoes for the academy?

Comment

• PM’s have been turned on. I just went with the Bates they took a good shine and still have them today.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
        Jeff Snow commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that’s the site I’ve been looking at. Thanks for the response

• Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah I'm gunna get those leo.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just bout to delete it lol. There’s some that say high gloss Iooks like patent leather even though it doesn’t say it. Getting the ones in picture just go be safe

• Jeff Snow
        Jeff Snow commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, these are the safest bet

• jumpinbeans
        jumpinbeans commented
        Editing a comment
        This was one of my only questions lol glad you guys discussed it!! Going with these too. Anyone from NJ that want to start a group chat PM me

• Graduated not too long ago and going off of losingle08, being in shape will make your experience at the academy much more tolerable. Additionally it may be beneficial to adjust your sleep schedule to get in sync with proper academy hours for those of you who routinely to sleeping in.

Comment

• The worst part is the food.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
          Jeff Snow commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahahaha public school lunch bad?

• NK9Y
          NK9Y commented
          Editing a comment
          Some people pay a premium for tater tots!

• Originally posted by zf25 View Post
        Graduated not too long ago and going off of losingle08, being in shape will make your experience at the academy much more tolerable. Additionally it may be beneficial to adjust your sleep schedule to get in sync with proper academy hours for those of you who routinely to sleeping in.
        What are those hours exactly. I work at 6 should I be preparing for earlier?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I read 5. Or 530

• zf25
          zf25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally I was up at 4:45 and didn’t lay down in “bed” until 10:45.

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Eventually you'll learn to fall asleep exactly at 10:01pm.

• Is there any chance the state pulls the academy last minute and cancels it? Cause the phone call went into the bosses. Gave my two weeks lol.

Comment

• leo1112
          leo1112 commented
          Editing a comment
          They better not cancel this class smh idk how that’s even a possibility at this point.

• If I remember correctly, I usually got up st 4:50am took a quick wake up shower and got ready For PT. Have to remember if your class is a big one you got 8 to a quad and only two sinks to shave and brush your teeth. But I think PT usually started around 5:40 ish.

Comment

• Not to make you nervous but anything can happen. My class was supposed to start in the fall of 2015, did the medical and everything in September with anticipation starting in October to find out it got postponed due to budget issues. I Was waiting for a yellow envelope and only got email saying the class got cancelled. I don’t know if they have ever sent out invites then Cancelled it, maybe one of the more seasoned members can answer that.

Comment

• Anything can happen. I have seen classes delayed due to budget cuts and cancelled altogether as it did in 2008. Some people waited for over 5 years to get on the job... Good luck to those that got the invitation. Be prepared to be mentally and physically tested. The worst thing you can do is enter physically unprepared and then about a month later say it isn't for you. That way you take away a spot for someone who is ready, willing and able. It is a life changing career choice so make sure it is one you are willing to make. That being said, if you stick it out for the right reasons, it is going to be worth it in the end.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              I already mailed back my letter of intent saying I accept I just hope I didn't give my two weeks notice too early lol.

• Once you get the offer of employment it's pretty much a sure thing imho. I mean they intend for you to quit your job when they send it out.

Comment

• Letting boss know today gonna be SOOOoo ****ed but I have to go..

Comment

• They sure dropped the ball with the October processing weekend. It was 16k-19.5k I think? Looks like nobody from the group is even on backfill?

Comment

• jserpa
                  jserpa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I processed in May ranked 156xx and I didnt get a backfill call. So no I don't think they even reached any from November processing.
                  Last edited by jserpa; 04-16-2018, 03:26 PM.

• slapshot63
                  slapshot63 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You mean the November one? I was part of that and haven't heard anything back. No DQ but no medical invite. Guess I'm on the backfill of the backfill? At least? Haha.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6661 users online. 212 members and 6449 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X