Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to make you nervous but anything can happen. My class was supposed to start in the fall of 2015, did the medical and everything in September with anticipation starting in October to find out it got postponed due to budget issues. I Was waiting for a yellow envelope and only got email saying the class got cancelled. I don’t know if they have ever sent out invites then Cancelled it, maybe one of the more seasoned members can answer that.

Comment

• Anything can happen. I have seen classes delayed due to budget cuts and cancelled altogether as it did in 2008. Some people waited for over 5 years to get on the job... Good luck to those that got the invitation. Be prepared to be mentally and physically tested. The worst thing you can do is enter physically unprepared and then about a month later say it isn't for you. That way you take away a spot for someone who is ready, willing and able. It is a life changing career choice so make sure it is one you are willing to make. That being said, if you stick it out for the right reasons, it is going to be worth it in the end.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I already mailed back my letter of intent saying I accept I just hope I didn't give my two weeks notice too early lol.

• Once you get the offer of employment it's pretty much a sure thing imho. I mean they intend for you to quit your job when they send it out.

Comment

• Letting boss know today gonna be SOOOoo ****ed but I have to go..

Comment

• They sure dropped the ball with the October processing weekend. It was 16k-19.5k I think? Looks like nobody from the group is even on backfill?

Comment

• jserpa
            jserpa commented
            Editing a comment
            I processed in May ranked 156xx and I didnt get a backfill call. So no I don't think they even reached any from November processing.
            Last edited by jserpa; 04-16-2018, 03:26 PM.

• slapshot63
            slapshot63 commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean the November one? I was part of that and haven't heard anything back. No DQ but no medical invite. Guess I'm on the backfill of the backfill? At least? Haha.

• Got my invite letter! See you guys at the academy! 207 wohooo!

Comment

• I was ranked 113xx they didn’t reach my # last time either furthest I heard they reached was 9k around there

Comment

• Accidental
            Last edited by ysfj2810; 04-16-2018, 03:08 PM. Reason: Whoops... accidental

Comment

• I was always up around 4:50am, asleep 10:30-11. Prepare to be exhausted lol. If you are in an 8 person quad you have to coordinate.

Chow and evening brief are the best times of the day.. the only times you can really relax . And the food is great...

edit: feel free to pm me if you have questions, ill answer what i can without spoiling the experience

Comment

• Deleted deleted deleted
                Last edited by leo1112; 04-16-2018, 09:31 PM. Reason: None

Comment

• I was apart of the 206th brought in on July 16th 2017, just like you all it was my dream career and tragedy struck at home, make sure everything is in order before you leave. Having to leave once you are there will scar you forever, and getting back in is twice as hard ! bring what is on the list and don't over pack.

Best of luck, be safe

Comment

• Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait

Comment

• Originally posted by 1trooper View Post
                      Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait
                      For PT I think they just needed to be white. There are laundry facilities but most people did their laundry over the weekends, and just used the facilities for emergency situation (ie. Just got smoked in PT gear and need it cleaned to get smoked later in the day, etc).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1trooper View Post
                        Just a few general questions, do they want crew socks or ankle socks, or doesn’t it matter? Do they have alarm clocks or should you bring your own small one from home? And also I’m assuming there’s a laundry room since we will be wearing our suits the first few weeks? Any simple tips will be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait
                        White socks for PT, black or dark socks for suits. God help you if you mix them up. Length doesn't really matter, but most will have crew.

There is a laundry room, but that privilege isn't for a few weeks in. You'll get to enjoy a stinky, sweaty suit for awhile.
                        ​​

Comment

• 1trooper
                          1trooper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Haha thanks, I’m ok with that. Just be happy to be there

• jaguarshark
                          jaguarshark commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Also bring a non-radio alarm clock. There may be times the ATOs will kindly awaken you, but usually you'll have to arise on your own.

• Has anyone heard of a confirmed class size? Just curious

Comment

• CAM24
                          CAM24 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          class size of 175

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9137 users online. 320 members and 8817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X