Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know what the story is w/ the 'family orientation' day.......they mentioned it at the final medical, but theres nothing in the letter about it.

Comment

• Family orientation.

The orientation is held by the troop recruiters. Its pretty much a quick Q&A for the family. and the recruiter telling your family that you should be exempt from yard work for 6 months.
      When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranter64 View Post
        The orientation is held by the troop recruiters. Its pretty much a quick Q&A for the family. and the recruiter telling your family that you should be exempt from yard work for 6 months.
        thanks.

Comment

• the packing list is a little vague in some areas.....

to the sworn troopers who've been through this, should i bring:

my own toilet paper

alarm clock

how many dress shirts/pants

...i'll probably think of more later.

thanks if anyone can answer

Comment

• I am going to bring toilet paper, 2 white shirts, two pairs of black pants and a black suit jacket. The less you pack, the better is the impression I got when I spoke to a Trooper.
            Also, does anyone know if the additional location compensation starts from the first day of hire or after graduation?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
              I am going to bring toilet paper, 2 white shirts, two pairs of black pants and a black suit jacket. The less you pack, the better is the impression I got when I spoke to a Trooper.
              Also, does anyone know if the additional location compensation starts from the first day of hire or after graduation?

Thanks,
              Mike
              I can't tell you about clothes because when I went through you were in business suits till you earned the DOC greys which I think was 4 weeks for our class if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post

Thanks,
              Mike
              Troop H guys don't get location allowances... only parts of F,K and L.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                the packing list is a little vague in some areas.....

to the sworn troopers who've been through this, should i bring:

my own toilet paper

alarm clock

how many dress shirts/pants

...i'll probably think of more later.

thanks if anyone can answer
                When it comes to packing list there is no stupid question:

No, you don't need toilet paper.
                Alarm clock, yes...
                Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
                I am going to bring toilet paper, 2 white shirts, two pairs of black pants and a black suit jacket. The less you pack, the better is the impression I got when I spoke to a Trooper.

Thanks,
                Mike
                The first week especially pack light. Don't car pool the first week or so as you don't want to be left stranded when your hard charging buddy decides to bail out early because his feeling are hurt.

Originally posted by Ranter64 View Post
                I thought there was an orientation at the academy for family member just prior to the academy. I didn't go to either as I think they are a waste of time.

Comment

• Received a call today from the member hiring unit informing me that I'm one of the ten guys on the backfill list and that they will be sending me the sample packet for stuff to bring. Im guessing the stuff should ready because she stated they could call at anytime and asked if I was willing to report when I get that call no matter how much of a time frame. Should I have that bag ready to go just in case?

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
                    Received a call today from the member hiring unit informing me that I'm one of the ten guys on the backfill list and that they will be sending me the sample packet for stuff to bring. Im guessing the stuff should ready because she stated they could call at anytime and asked if I was willing to report when I get that call no matter how much of a time frame. Should I have that bag ready to go just in case?
                    Based on how one of my buddies who was a backfill told the story... you get the call and they say you need to report NOW... not in 6 hours. In other words drop what you are doing and point your car towards Albany.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• In the packet, it states to bring clothing for outside PT (sweats, wool hat, etc.) should we bring this with us or wait for when it gets cooloer? Also the wrestling shoes???? Thanks
                      Last edited by trooperCand; 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM. Reason: more questions...

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
                        In the packet, it states to bring clothing for outside PT (sweats, wool hat, etc.) should we bring this with us or wait for when it gets cooloer? Also the wrestling shoes???? Thanks
                        You can wait on the gloves and watch cap but buy the wrestling shoes because you might be part of the first session to have DT... which I think only a couple of weeks into the academy.

All of this talk is making me think I have to go out and get a money order so I can eat next week
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll get it ready when they send it just to be safe. Lol I still have my wrestling shoes from high school. Asics in my opinion are the best and almost every wrestler wore them. The ones with the split sole would be the way to go because it allows you to be on the balls of your toes a lot easier.

Comment

• what about a shoe shine kit?

what you can you guys tell us about the academics....i'm assuming we study the penal law....whats the curriculum like?

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
                              Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll get it ready when they send it just to be safe. Lol I still have my wrestling shoes from high school. Asics in my opinion are the best and almost every wrestler wore them. The ones with the split sole would be the way to go because it allows you to be on the balls of your toes a lot easier.

A girl from my class received the call at 6:00am, and was in the academy at 6 hours later at 12:00pm. She also lived 3 hours away...

It kinda sucks to be a backfill but you have to feel pretty good about yourself as you should be called.- congrats.

Trooper menioned you may need the wrestling shoes in the first few weeks, but you shouldn't need them the first week. You should have a shirt week and won't have to deal with the crap of the first night!!!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6146 users online. 220 members and 5926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X