Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you guys think it is safe to quit my job? Is the academy definite?
    congrats to those who got the invite.

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
      Ssbuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      If and only if you got an invite and you are sure it is for you. Not just the academy but the job itself.

It is a commitment, the academy is just the start. A lot of guys drop out the first few weeks who probably shouldnt have ever accepted, some of which dont have jobs to go back to. Before taking a spot from someone else, make sure it is something you really want to do and are ready for. If it is not, drop the first week so they can fill your spot at least

• Ssbuffalo Well said

Comment

• Sorry I guess my question is if the academy is definite and would not get canceled due to budget issues. Thanks for your responses

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I see what you mean. Yes, don't want it cancelled a week leading up to it when you quit tomorrow lol

• Tomorrow's gunna be tough. Spent 8 years at a job that I actually liked. However I'm giving my two week notice and not looking back.

Comment

• I been @ my job 6 yrs im letting them know this week what’s going on .. so they can start looking for someone. Actually leaving a little closer to May 6.

Comment

• Did anyone who ranked 15500 plus get an invite to be on the backfill list???

Comment

• bk1010
            bk1010 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 16xxx and haven’t gotten/heard anything yet

• jserpa
            jserpa commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 156xx and no call for a backfill..

• I graduated a couple of classes ago and even with extra weeks that were added on at the end there was no swimming familiaration. We just did some extra active shooter and other scenarios. Congrats to the guys getting the acceptance letter. It will be a miserable 29’weeks but it is all worth it. Push ups, sit ups, run and burpees, that is all you need to do. Also does not hurt to do other exercises such as flutters kicks and jumping jacks ( you will be surprised how difficult they become after doing them for ten minutes straight). Don’t be that guy who shows up and does 12 sit ups (someone from the 205th did that) on the first fitness test, instructors will make you life at the academy a living Hell and will not be fun. Good luck to you guys. If you have any questions post them I will try and help but not reveal to much as that will take the fun out of the academy.
          Last edited by Losingle08; 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
            dutchessNY89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Perhaps you can turn on your PMs on the site for us as well losingle08. Thanks for all your input!

• Can anyone recommend a pair of Oxford shoes for the academy?

Comment

• PM’s have been turned on. I just went with the Bates they took a good shine and still have them today.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
              Jeff Snow commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that’s the site I’ve been looking at. Thanks for the response

• Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yah I'm gunna get those leo.

• leo1112
              leo1112 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just bout to delete it lol. There’s some that say high gloss Iooks like patent leather even though it doesn’t say it. Getting the ones in picture just go be safe

• Jeff Snow
              Jeff Snow commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah, these are the safest bet

• jumpinbeans
              jumpinbeans commented
              Editing a comment
              This was one of my only questions lol glad you guys discussed it!! Going with these too. Anyone from NJ that want to start a group chat PM me

• Graduated not too long ago and going off of losingle08, being in shape will make your experience at the academy much more tolerable. Additionally it may be beneficial to adjust your sleep schedule to get in sync with proper academy hours for those of you who routinely to sleeping in.

Comment

• The worst part is the food.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
                Jeff Snow commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahahahahaha public school lunch bad?

• NK9Y
                NK9Y commented
                Editing a comment
                Some people pay a premium for tater tots!

• Originally posted by zf25 View Post
              Graduated not too long ago and going off of losingle08, being in shape will make your experience at the academy much more tolerable. Additionally it may be beneficial to adjust your sleep schedule to get in sync with proper academy hours for those of you who routinely to sleeping in.
              What are those hours exactly. I work at 6 should I be preparing for earlier?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I read 5. Or 530

• zf25
                zf25 commented
                Editing a comment
                Personally I was up at 4:45 and didn’t lay down in “bed” until 10:45.

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Eventually you'll learn to fall asleep exactly at 10:01pm.

• Is there any chance the state pulls the academy last minute and cancels it? Cause the phone call went into the bosses. Gave my two weeks lol.

Comment

• leo1112
                leo1112 commented
                Editing a comment
                They better not cancel this class smh idk how that’s even a possibility at this point.

• If I remember correctly, I usually got up st 4:50am took a quick wake up shower and got ready For PT. Have to remember if your class is a big one you got 8 to a quad and only two sinks to shave and brush your teeth. But I think PT usually started around 5:40 ish.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9085 users online. 329 members and 8756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X