300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
    Is there swimming qualifications to meet while at the NYSP academy? Looking in the forum some say yes, while others said no. Any recent graduates have information on this?
    Some classes they'll have a water familiarization course if there's time but there's no standard you have to meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post

Some classes they'll have a water familiarization course if there's time but there's no standard you have to meet.
      Thanks for the response! I hope we do get some sort of water training. Would be a nice break on the joints to swim rather than run lol.

Comment

• I'm not complaining, just saying. Did anyone else have a doctor who didn't use latex gloves.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine used gloves. Also I felt like he really didn't go in depth with any questions or topics. Some guys where in their rooms for 20 minutes. I was in and out in 5. I did hear them say there where short on gloves when I was waiting in line though.

• I keep waiting for dutchess to say he has mail on the way, last time he said that my medical invite was in my mail box when I got home. Fingers crossed for good mail in the near future

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Troop what's your rank! Congrats on the invite

• Lol @ no gloves. I was in and out in about 10 min. I’m assuming if you were in there longer than usual it’s bc applicants either had surgeries, medical issues, new tattoos, on medication, etc..also dutchess is my notification alert lol

Comment

• Lol that's a lot of pressure. I feel like it'll come by next Friday. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• leo1112
            leo1112 commented
            Editing a comment
            Check that informed delivery lol

• That would be quick if we hear something by this week I’m thinking maybe next week

Comment

• Go dutchess go! Lol they used gloves on me btw. I was super early in the morning though. I was waiting on a previous person in the room prior and they were just talking about random stuff. It only took a few minutes for me. I thought it was going to be a lot more invasive and in depth. Nope lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post

Thanks for the response! I hope we do get some sort of water training. Would be a nice break on the joints to swim rather than run lol.
              It wasn’t swimming instead of running. You did PT in the morning, and swam later.

Same with Defensive Tactics.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

It wasn’t swimming instead of running. You did PT in the morning, and swam later.

Same with Defensive Tactics.
                Haha. Yah substituting one for the other seemed to good to be true lol. Either way I hope swimming is involved!

Comment

• Deep breath folks, received my academy invitation this afternoon. Reporting on Sunday May 6th.

Comment

• 1trooper
                    1trooper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulation that’s awesome!!! Can not wait to get mail today or tomorrow!

• See you ladies and gents in a few weeks!!!! Lets go #207!!!!!!!

Comment

• Got the letter!

List 12xxx
                    Last edited by backslash; 04-13-2018, 01:15 PM.
                    Otj

Comment

• Congrats! To those who have received acceptance letters today, what was your rank on the list?

Comment

• Jeff Snow
                        Jeff Snow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m in the 9k range, a gentleman I met during the medical informed me that he received his today as well (ranked in the 10k Range)

• Got the envelope may 7th see you guys then!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5578 users online. 406 members and 5172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X