Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don’t have that informed delivery around my way # hood problems lol..

Comment

• Last class they were pulling people from the backfill list ranked 11,500-12k ish. It will come down to class size, previois defferments and how many people accept/decline. Keep working out, prepare yourselves and have a plan incase you do get an offer. Even if you dont get the initial invite, it's not over until they stop filling from the backfill list.

good luck.

Comment

• The attrition rate, especially at the end of a list, is really high. The last class burned through the whole backfill list and then some. There are plenty of quitters who show up day one, and even more backfills who show up and quit. Don't be one of those people. I dunno why, but some people think it's going to be a quiet college style training environment.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          jaguarshark have you heard of any definitive numbers for an upcoming class? Can't wait to get there! I'm pumped.

• I processed in the 18xxx range. No medical invite or DQ letter. Anyone close to that number get the medical?

Comment

• slapshot63
          slapshot63 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the 18xxx range as well and I never got an invite or DQ, so we are in the same boat. I'm thinking we are on the backfill list. Not DQ'd but they didn't reach us for the beginning of the academy.

• Is there swimming qualifications to meet while at the NYSP academy? Looking in the forum some say yes, while others said no. Any recent graduates have information on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
          Is there swimming qualifications to meet while at the NYSP academy? Looking in the forum some say yes, while others said no. Any recent graduates have information on this?
          Some classes they'll have a water familiarization course if there's time but there's no standard you have to meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post

Some classes they'll have a water familiarization course if there's time but there's no standard you have to meet.
            Thanks for the response! I hope we do get some sort of water training. Would be a nice break on the joints to swim rather than run lol.

Comment

• I'm not complaining, just saying. Did anyone else have a doctor who didn't use latex gloves.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine used gloves. Also I felt like he really didn't go in depth with any questions or topics. Some guys where in their rooms for 20 minutes. I was in and out in 5. I did hear them say there where short on gloves when I was waiting in line though.

• I keep waiting for dutchess to say he has mail on the way, last time he said that my medical invite was in my mail box when I got home. Fingers crossed for good mail in the near future

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Troop what's your rank! Congrats on the invite

• Lol @ no gloves. I was in and out in about 10 min. I’m assuming if you were in there longer than usual it’s bc applicants either had surgeries, medical issues, new tattoos, on medication, etc..also dutchess is my notification alert lol

Comment

• Lol that's a lot of pressure. I feel like it'll come by next Friday. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• leo1112
                  leo1112 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check that informed delivery lol

• That would be quick if we hear something by this week I’m thinking maybe next week

Comment

• Go dutchess go! Lol they used gloves on me btw. I was super early in the morning though. I was waiting on a previous person in the room prior and they were just talking about random stuff. It only took a few minutes for me. I thought it was going to be a lot more invasive and in depth. Nope lol

Comment

• Delete ————-
                    Last edited by Tommy_V; 04-12-2018, 12:24 AM. Reason: no reason

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post

Thanks for the response! I hope we do get some sort of water training. Would be a nice break on the joints to swim rather than run lol.
                      It wasn’t swimming instead of running. You did PT in the morning, and swam later.

Same with Defensive Tactics.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10156 users online. 318 members and 9838 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X