Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard May 6th as well. One of my buddies got a DQ letter Saturday, I've yet to receive anything. I'm wondering if I've been put on the back burner and haven't been DQ'd but I'm on hold until someone says they aren't interested or quits the academy. I just want to know one way or the other whether I'm moving on or not. It sucks waiting while seeing others have heard.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
      dutchessNY89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Slapshot you heard the start of the academy is may 6th?

• slapshot63
      slapshot63 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, my buddy mentioned his mom knows a trooper who's working this academy and said the start date is May 6th.

• Originally posted by slapshot63 View Post
    I've heard May 6th as well. One of my buddies got a DQ letter Saturday, I've yet to receive anything. I'm wondering if I've been put on the back burner and haven't been DQ'd but I'm on hold until someone says they aren't interested or quits the academy. I just want to know one way or the other whether I'm moving on or not. It sucks waiting while seeing others have heard.
    Stay ready I was almost called in for the last academy after the went through their backfill list and had to start an emergency one. They didn't get to me last time but they told me I could have to go in on a day notice.

Comment

• slapshot63
      slapshot63 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been keeping that in the back of my head, but thanks for the heads up.

• Happy Easter to everyone and to the guys on this forum working today. Be safe. One week out everyone!

Comment

• Happy Easter everyone. I’ve been pondering about the living situation if I do get an invitation into the upcoming academy. I saw that no one can stay there on the weekends, so is everyone traveling back and forth home? Home for me is about a 4 hour drive. Do most people drive home and back? Get a place to stay nearby and split rent with someone? A hotel? How does that work? I feel like it would be exhausting traveling back and forth for only a few days every weekend, especially people who live more than 4 hours away. Any Ideas or thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
        Happy Easter everyone. I’ve been pondering about the living situation if I do get an invitation into the upcoming academy. I saw that no one can stay there on the weekends, so is everyone traveling back and forth home? Home for me is about a 4 hour drive. Do most people drive home and back? Get a place to stay nearby and split rent with someone? A hotel? How does that work? I feel like it would be exhausting traveling back and forth for only a few days every weekend, especially people who live more than 4 hours away. Any Ideas or thoughts?
        Most people leave town - even to LI or Buffalo. It sucks enough that you usually wanna get as far away as possible. But there are several low cost hotels in the area if you decide to stay.
        Last edited by NYCopper; 04-02-2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
          Happy Easter everyone. I’ve been pondering about the living situation if I do get an invitation into the upcoming academy. I saw that no one can stay there on the weekends, so is everyone traveling back and forth home? Home for me is about a 4 hour drive. Do most people drive home and back? Get a place to stay nearby and split rent with someone? A hotel? How does that work? I feel like it would be exhausting traveling back and forth for only a few days every weekend, especially people who live more than 4 hours away. Any Ideas or thoughts?
          Home was 3 hrs for me. Plenty of ATOs that will be instructing you live 4-5 hours away from the Academy and they make the drive. After the first few weeks, you can probably carpool if driving home is that intolerable.

I know of some people who had cousins or relatives that lived closer to the Academy and stayed there over the weekend.

Comment

• One of the bonuses of a summer academy is you aren’t driving home for the weekend in a blizzard.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Just wondering, are there multiple time slots for the medical or is it just one session?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                After talking to people on here, seems to be about three or four different time slots for us.

• Montag84
                Montag84 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you go back a few pages, a few reported their report times.

• jumpinbeans
                jumpinbeans commented
                Editing a comment
                Only mentions of medical invites, no specific time slots were shared.

Hmm wonder how many total invites were sent. Either way, Goodluck ladies and gents. Saturday can’t come soon enough!!
                Last edited by jumpinbeans; 04-04-2018, 09:54 PM.

• Anyone got inside info on how many took the test? They will process 3,000 in June. If 8,000 took the test (I'm just throwing a number out there) then a lot of us will get called for that

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                For the upcoming 207th Session, they called up to rank 19,500. Usually around 25,000 take it.

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tommy I scored a 95 and it took me 5 years just for an opportunity to get to the medical. It's definitely a process but if you scored high enough maybe you will be in the first pool of applicants.

• Charger16
                Charger16 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same as dutchessNY89. Scored a 95, failed the eye exam had to get lasik and defer and be re-activated to the list again. Took 5 years just for medical. Have a buddy who’s OTJ and took him 5 years as well.

• leo1112
                leo1112 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tommy_V. Expect to wait a long time , a few of us got 95’s and are just now getting called so gives you an idea of what a “good” score will be. Advice do push ups sit ups & run until you can’t anymore , like the website says START NOW!

• ... deleted.....

Comment

• Anyone reporting tomorrow at 7am?

Comment

• leo1112
                  leo1112 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  8 o clock over here

• 1trooper
                  1trooper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  730 here for me

• jumpinbeans
                  jumpinbeans commented
                  Editing a comment
                  50 every half hour?! That’s my worst nightmare! Let’s hope Charger16 is right and they take about 20-30 min for each candidate, that way our hopes for spots in the academy increases lol

• Charger16
                  Charger16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The academy classes range from 50-200 people and they admitted to overpulling in the letter. I don’t think it’s going to be that big but who knows! I’m hoping for a smaller academy class. This is going to be a longggg night. I can’t stop thinking or waiting for the morning lol

• Deleted...

Comment

• Today seemed pretty much what I expected. No red flags and passed for me. Figured there had to be 350 people there. Now we sit and wait! Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
                    Jeff Snow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was told today that it’s gonna be a class of 175

• dutchessNY89
                    dutchessNY89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @jeffsnow dang I hope my 14xxx score is good enough.

• leo1112
                    leo1112 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    113xxx thinking that’s good enough someone ranked in the 9ks got in so should give some idea , plus the 25 no shows today

• Yup let the waiting game begin

Comment

• I overheard a trooper say they had 261 applicants today. Hopefully “upcoming weeks” translates to next week, wishful thinking lol. Goodluck!

Comment

• Jeff Snow
                      Jeff Snow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      22 applicants didn’t show up for the medical today so it would have been slightly higher.

• 05mets1993
                      05mets1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Could see something in the mail late next-week - especially if that May 6th date that's been discussed on here turns out to be the start date.

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the usps delivery updates through email. So they send you a scanned photo of whats being delivered everyday. So I'll see it and not even be able to open it until I get home from work. That's the worst lol.
                      Last edited by dutchessNY89; 04-07-2018, 08:12 PM.

• 05mets1993
                      05mets1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If it's a big manilla envelope you're in.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8985 users online. 495 members and 8490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X