Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lean position also a favorite

Comment

• Anybody know how we may prepare academically for the academy? Any books anyone can recommend? Thanks.
      Last edited by Shockman; 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• reils49
        reils49 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYS Penal Law, NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law, NYS Domestic Incident manual...

Seriously, there’s no book you should read. They will spend a lot of time teaching you these things, just spend time studying and you will be fine.

• Charger16
        Charger16 commented
        Editing a comment
        They gave us a list of words we should know prior to the academy during processing weekend. Did you look over those ?

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
      They gave us a list of words we should know prior to the academy during processing weekend. Did you look over those ?
      Yup

Comment

• Two weeks out!

Comment

• What happens if the budget doesn’t pass.. due date is April 1st

Comment

• Gummertime
            Gummertime commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I was thinking but only for the medical test.... no pass no class

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            be ready first Sunday in May

• Charger16
            Charger16 commented
            Editing a comment
            You think the academy is going to be the first week in May?

• leo1112
            leo1112 commented
            Editing a comment
            O sh*%... time to kick training into overload may will be here quick

• O sh*%... time to kick training into overload may will be here quick
          Last edited by leo1112; 03-26-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
            be ready first Sunday in May
            How long after medical should we expect academy invitations?
            Last edited by Shockman; 03-26-2018, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Judging by past academies in this forum, seems like anywhere from a week to 20 days.

• Gummertime
              Gummertime commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told the second Sunday. We shall see

• Got a email today to confirm that the 2017 exam results are being postponed until late May of 2018. The upcoming academy is strictly going to be candidates off the 2013 list.

Part of the email:

New York State Trooper Exam Scores
            We expect that scores for the 2017 New York State Trooper Exam will be available in late May 2018. You will receive notification via email when the scores are available online. A numeric score and ranking will only be provided to those applicants who passed the exam.

Candidate Processing
            We anticipate conducting Trooper Candidate Processing in June 2018 for the first 3,000 candidates on the 2017 eligibility list.

Comment

• That's such great news. That's huge for us!!

Comment

• For anyone that's been called already to Candidate Processing Weekend, are the 105s, 100s, 95s, 90s, 85s or however they do it all lumped together in their own separate weekends based on your individual score?

Or, for example, all the 100s can choose between 2 or 3 weekends? Can you postpone your highscore to a later date? Or do they shltcan your application then?
                Last edited by LukeSW; 03-26-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
                  For anyone that's been called already to Candidate Processing Weekend, are the 105s, 100s, 95s, 90s, 85s or however they do it all lumped together in their own separate weekends based on your individual score?

Or, for example, all the 100s can choose between 2 or 3 weekends? Can you postpone your highscore to a later date? Or do they shltcan your application then?
                  They typically only run one processing weekend per class. You are called in rank order, so everyone will generally have a Similiar score as you (ie. 105-100). After unofficially polling people I can say with confidence that the earlier you are in the day (0700 vs. 1100) the higher your score / rank - ie. The more likely you are to make a class. And you can defer, but you will be bumped to the next class - and you typically need to provide some type of legitimate reason you can’t join the class. And I should remind you that years ago people deferred and ending up having to wait like 4 years before the next class. I bet they regretted that decision. If you want the job you should take the invite and postpone your life because it may not come around again.
                  Last edited by NYCopper; 03-26-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• LukeSW
                    LukeSW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok thanks.

• I've heard May 6th as well. One of my buddies got a DQ letter Saturday, I've yet to receive anything. I'm wondering if I've been put on the back burner and haven't been DQ'd but I'm on hold until someone says they aren't interested or quits the academy. I just want to know one way or the other whether I'm moving on or not. It sucks waiting while seeing others have heard.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                    dutchessNY89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Slapshot you heard the start of the academy is may 6th?

• slapshot63
                    slapshot63 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, my buddy mentioned his mom knows a trooper who's working this academy and said the start date is May 6th.

• Originally posted by slapshot63 View Post
                  I've heard May 6th as well. One of my buddies got a DQ letter Saturday, I've yet to receive anything. I'm wondering if I've been put on the back burner and haven't been DQ'd but I'm on hold until someone says they aren't interested or quits the academy. I just want to know one way or the other whether I'm moving on or not. It sucks waiting while seeing others have heard.
                  Stay ready I was almost called in for the last academy after the went through their backfill list and had to start an emergency one. They didn't get to me last time but they told me I could have to go in on a day notice.

Comment

• slapshot63
                    slapshot63 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been keeping that in the back of my head, but thanks for the heads up.

• Happy Easter to everyone and to the guys on this forum working today. Be safe. One week out everyone!

Comment

• Happy Easter everyone. I’ve been pondering about the living situation if I do get an invitation into the upcoming academy. I saw that no one can stay there on the weekends, so is everyone traveling back and forth home? Home for me is about a 4 hour drive. Do most people drive home and back? Get a place to stay nearby and split rent with someone? A hotel? How does that work? I feel like it would be exhausting traveling back and forth for only a few days every weekend, especially people who live more than 4 hours away. Any Ideas or thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4810 users online. 317 members and 4493 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X