Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my invite yesterday for April. I live within Troop A's boundaries.

Comment

• I wonder how many of these invites were sent out and how many are they planning to send to the academy. I remember my BI telling me it’s all about the state budget but one can only hope that our chances are a lot better right? Fingers crossed to everyone still hanging in there.

Comment

• Charger16
        Charger16 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s hard to say, but most of us have been waiting almost 5 years. Not many people are willing to wait that long for a career opportunity-maybe I’m wrong, but I was getting anxious of looking elsewhere because I wasn’t sure they were pulling off the 2013 list. They are now going to look for people who are healthy and have the least injury risk for the job.

• A lot of people have moved on , 5 yrs is a LONG time, things change

Comment

• Ohkeo
        Ohkeo commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow.. a 5 year wait to get on.. just to wait another 5 years or so to get home... that's so discouraging, I'd have like 12 years OTJ with State Corrections. Not even worth it really

• Which I think would seem to lead to the fact that we all have a high percentage of making it. VERY few would wait for a POSSIBILITY of a shot at a job. Those who have waited I would argue, want it more than anything.

Comment

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup Exactly

• Nothing in the mail today either. Wonder how they chose to send them. I'm in Troop E.

Comment

• Jeff Snow
        Jeff Snow commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe by rank?

• slapshot63
        slapshot63 commented
        Editing a comment
        Could be. I know the guys getting theirs did everything before I did.

• Got my invite , from nyc area

Comment

• What time is everyone scheduled? I'm planning on getting there an hour before 730.

Comment

• 8 am commuting by from nj so I’m leaving mad early hope to be there by 7

Comment

• If I live in the five boroughs and decide to take this job what are the chances of me being assigned in NYC? Or will I be placed anywhere?

thanks in advance!

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              In the last 2 classes, anybody who wanted NYC got it. Currently, any Trooper in the state that wanted NYC, is there now.

• I hear they can put u anywhere I think you have to stay there for 3 yrs then request transfer, they rarely put fresh meat in nyc

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
            I hear they can put u anywhere I think you have to stay there for 3 yrs then request transfer, they rarely put fresh meat in nyc
            This is incorrect. Troop NYC is almost exclusively fresh meat and old guys boosting retirement OT before they leave. Unfortunately fresh meat is going to NYC at an alarming pace - so youll never get to actually learn to be a Trooper. I think they sent 75+ from the last class (don’t quote me on the #) directly down there. As far as assignments - after your done with FTO you can immediately put in a memo to transfer. Transfer time really depends on where you wanna go. NYC you can go almost immediately, Buffalo I think the wait time is still 4+ years (and that is to go to the undesirable locations - talked to some A guys recently and the good stations have Jr guys with 15+ years on) - with everywhere else somewhere in between.
            Last edited by NYCopper; 03-08-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• jumpinbeans
              jumpinbeans commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey NYCopper just curious but why do you say fresh meat in NYC never get to actually learn to be a Trooper? Also, I’m not sure if you’re OTJ but does getting a medical invitation almost solidify your attendance at the next academy? I know in other agencies, if you receive a medical invite you’re pretty much in. Idk but I’m still stressing

• leo1112
              leo1112 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it’s becuase nyc really doesn’t have a lot of open road like upstate does? , it’s more inner city ???

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              58 or so from the 205th went to Troop NYC -- many involuntary. 32 from the 206th are going to NYC -- all voluntary. Troop A and Troop E was closed. So anybody from the Buffalo area weren't sent close to home at all.

If you receive a medical invite -- if nothing crazy happens you should be in line for the class. I know of and heard of guys that get DQ-ed after the medical, but that's the exception and not the norm.
              Last edited by jaguarshark; 03-09-2018, 01:27 AM.

• When will the 2017 exam results be released? Since you’re all getting invites from the 2013 list does that mean we have to wait until you get sent to academy to get our results?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Until May, when the academy would start.

• Tommy_V
              Tommy_V commented
              Editing a comment
              If it’s delayed until May and processing for the next academy happens 6 months prior to a class then the next soonest academy will be in November?

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I'd say that's when the academy would end, then they need to reset and regroup. So looking at the history, this academy would start two months after the conclusion of the previous class. So if we graduate in NOV. I'd assume there wouldn't be another class until January of next year. I honestly have no idea if that's accurate but that's my assessment after browsing these forums for sometime. Some OTJ could be of more help!

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              Breaks between Academies in the past few years have been as short as 1 week and as long as 4 months. Nobody but the Governor's office will actually know, so guessing about it is futile.

• https://www.budget.ny.gov/pubs/archi...ivisionof.html

Does this sound like good news for those looking to get into a spring academy? The numbers seem promising.

Comment

• I have faith we will all get into this spring academy. We didn’t come this far just to come this far, LET’S GO!!!! #207

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                slapshot63 did you receive a medical invite?

• Jeff Snow
                Jeff Snow commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, they processed a lot more people than I thought

• slapshot63
                slapshot63 commented
                Editing a comment
                dutchessNY89 I'm on my way back from vacation right now so I'll find out tonight when I check my mail.

• slapshot63
                slapshot63 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a negative, nothing at all yet.

• Is it April yet?? Haha

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Let's just hope those 2017 exam scores get delayed a bit more lol

• leo1112
                leo1112 commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty sure they will be , no point in having people redo parts of process if they weren’t planning on using us #207

• Charger16
                Charger16 commented
                Editing a comment
                Screw April..is it May? I’m ready to know if I’m packing my bags or not lol

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Charger16 I'm with ya!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10111 users online. 461 members and 9650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X