Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't expect anything before the next NYS fiscal year. (4/1/18)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
      Don't expect anything before the next NYS fiscal year. (4/1/18)
      That would mean the 2013 candidates don’t have a shot. Once the new test results are out and new candidates are picked the previous one expires. It states it on NYSP website

Comment

• RusGeno
        RusGeno commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully we'll make it!

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted deleted
        Last edited by dutchessNY89; 04-24-2018, 05:22 AM.

• RusGeno
        RusGeno commented
        Editing a comment
        well... if you didn't take the 2017 test, no way to repeat it for me at least as i will be too old haha... i registered for it, but i for whatever reason thought i registered for december 6th test and apparently it was in october.. HUGE facepalm on my end...

• RusGeno
        RusGeno commented
        Editing a comment
        If i don't get this, i will be moving to FL and going to self sponsored academy.

• Doesn’t sound too hopeful for us. For the first time in a while I kinda got my hopes up and thought I’d get a letter. The lack of transparency is distasteful btw smh

Comment

• So you guys are saying, even if we are processed fully, once the new test is established....WE ARE DONE?????

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted deleted
          Last edited by dutchessNY89; 04-24-2018, 05:23 AM.

• Gummertime
          Gummertime commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes no sense. I'm assuming we will still get some sort of letter stating we are no longer being considered, if that's the case. Or they will slate us for an upcoming academy.

• Not sure how they would squeeze in an April class if the results come out next month. Unless they somehow process new candidates in 2.5 months time, which doesn't the process usually 4 months or so?

Comment

• I have heard different answers to this question.. so maybe someone on here can help?

Would my Time with NYSDOCCS Transfer to NYSP if selected?
        NYSDOCCS: Score 85

MED/PHYSICAL: October 6th

Written Psych: October 10th

Psych 1 on 1: Nov 2nd

Appointed: ????

Comment

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking about in regards to retirement? If so I would imagine it would. In the federal system you can hop around to different agencies and jobs and it all counts so I would logically assume it counts in the state system as well but it is New York so don’t expect anything.

• Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
        So you guys are saying, even if we are processed fully, once the new test is established....WE ARE DONE?????
        That is correct. If any of you are trying to make any sense of anything the state of New York or NYSP does you are going to be incredibly disappointed. Once the next list comes out the old candidates will be dead in the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohkeo View Post
          I have heard different answers to this question.. so maybe someone on here can help?

Would my Time with NYSDOCCS Transfer to NYSP if selected?
          Your time should count. But I believe it will count on the back end. Which means it will not count towards your 20 years to retire but if you do 20 with NYSP and two with corrections you’ll retire with 22 years. You also will be in the same tier that you originally entered at.

Comment

• For what it is worth I have heard that’s a early spring Academy has been canceled. But these things change on a daily basis and are extremely fluid. If you have paid attention to the recent state of affairs in New York State you’ll see that we have spent millions of dollars to send troopers to guard already protected airports all while the state is something like $4 billion short in the upcoming budget. Things are going to get ugly before they get better. I would not be quitting my job in anticipation of being hired by New York State.

Comment

• It's just postponed until after the new fiscal year. I wouldn't be too pessimistic about being hired off the old list, there obviously won't be any candidates processed off the new list in time for an April/May class. Just stay positive and keep being in excellent shape.

Comment

• I had to redo my poly , will a pretest admission to stealing office supplies from work doom me ?, it was not disclosed until poly
                Last edited by leo1112; 01-24-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Buf022
                  Buf022 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't believe so but it depends on how recently and more importantly the value if the items.

• Three years ago stack of copy paper under $20 in value from current employer

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                  Three years ago stack of copy paper under $20 in value from current employer

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                    Three years ago stack of copy paper under $20 in value from current employer
                    Duplicate

Comment

• Congrats to the 206th. Hopefully this gets the gears turning for us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5456 users online. 290 members and 5166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X