Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my investigator call me last week on Tuesday (Dec 12), met up with him the same evening. Went over the packet..
    On Thursday December 14, he started calling people on my reference.friends list.

Also started calling my ex girlfriends.

Comment

• Experimental
      Experimental commented
      Editing a comment
      Nevermind.
      Last edited by Experimental; 12-18-2017, 06:24 PM.

• Charger16
      Charger16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Experimental I suggest you speak with your local recruiter if it’s that important to you.

• Experimental
      Experimental commented
      Editing a comment
      i was just curious.
      Last edited by Experimental; 12-18-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: Too harsh apparently

• RusGeno
      RusGeno commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is pretty normal for the BI to ask for ex GF/BF... Mainly that's done to research if you ever been violent towards your partner.

• So anyone else from 2013 that went for processing Nov 11-12 is advancing?
    What have you completed so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
      vinny13 we are never going to get called then if that's the case. The new grades will be out. A spring academy that he mentioned means we have zero shot.
      NYSP HQ will decide whether or not they want guys from the 2013 list to be part of the spring academy. We don't know what will happen. It's based on their discretion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockman View Post

NYSP HQ will decide whether or not they want guys from the 2013 list to be part of the spring academy. We don't know what will happen. It's based on their discretion.
        The grades may be out but those candidates still have to go through processing, the physical, medical and background checks that takes months. If the grades aren't out till spring they wouldn' be ready for a class until summer. A bunch of has received letters saying the next class is spring 2018 the new list candidates won't be ready by then.

Comment

• Charger16
          Charger16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. They also wouldn’t waste time/money on doing a processing weekend last month with the 2013 test if that was the case.

• Not sure if NYSP follow same rules as regular NYS civil service rules but I was told (for local PD civil service) that once new list is out and certified, the old list is no longer valid.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yah I've heard the same thing. I don't think anyone from 2013 will be invited to a spring academy if grades are out by March. My BI told me as soon as grades are in you start over. The only hope would be a winter academy.

• RusGeno
          RusGeno commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully that's not the case and hopefully grades won't be out that fast haha... What would be the point for them to invite people, waste money and time doing all the processing, BI, poly, psych... just to get rid of us when the new list gets established?

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          I would guess class starts mid February and grades out end of February/begining of March.

• The last noticed I received stated next class was Feb 2018. My physical processing was in Oct last year and medical in may makes no sense for them to keep processing past that especially recently if they had no intention of using the 2013 list. My bi also said next class is off 2013. Hopefully he was right.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd guess next class would be in February as well.

• I don’t think the state would be aggressively pulling people from the 2013 list unless they have full intentions in putting through 1 last class before the new list comes out. There are people constantly retiring and moving to different areas.
        Last edited by Charger16; 02-04-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Got my poly date this Wednesday guys!

Going in on Jan 3rd (first available date in my area) Hopefully it all goes well!

Comment

• vinny13
            vinny13 commented
            Editing a comment
            i'm still waiting for my poly date. but then again i still need to get some stuff to him complete my background investigation.

• RusGeno
            RusGeno commented
            Editing a comment
            Get it to him ASAP man.. You gotta show you are motivated for this!

• Originally posted by RusGeno View Post
          Got my poly date this Wednesday guys!

Going in on Jan 3rd (first available date in my area) Hopefully it all goes well!
          Good luck!

Comment

• RusGeno
            RusGeno commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you sir!

• Merry early Christmas everyone. Hopefully Santa will drop off presents in the mailbox!! Stay safe.

Comment

• RusGeno
            RusGeno commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to that!

• Dose anybody know what the fatigue test consists of in the academy? From my understanding you have a certent amount of time to complete a series of burpees, push-ups and sprints. Any information regarding academy physical testing (besides the 1.5 miles run, push-ups and sit-ups) would be grateful and would help with current physical preparation. Thanks
          Last edited by Shockman; 12-28-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            There's the "sequential fatigue challenge", but that's a PT routine not a timed exam. The popular motivational exercises currently are burpees, bear crawls, and mountain climbers. Just go in with an exception level of physical endurance, and a mental fortitude to push your body past its pre-set limit.

• Abonilla23 turn on pm

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
            Abonilla23 turn on pm
            Pm is on

Comment

• Hi All,

Anyone know what the required paperwork that is needed for processing? I wanted to get everything ready so when the time comes I have it in hand. Thanks in advance

Comment

• 2017 exam grades come out next month, let the countdown begin. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8328 users online. 247 members and 8081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X