Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank 17k and got a packet should I even bother to head up there, I live in NYC.

Comment

• leo1112
      leo1112 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you have nothing too lose. Make sure you ready though sit ups knock out most of people

• Does anyone know how much time is allowed after academy graduation ceremony before having to head back to room

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Uhh, why are you asking? Cart in front of the horse much?

• Cart is not in front of horse

Comment

• Anyone know if they have lockers at Lehman college to leave our cell phones? The exam is tomorrow at Lehman College btw, good luck everyone

Comment

• 12gang12
        12gang12 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes theres small lockers for 50 cents or 25cents if u want the lockers with the orange keys

they have other lopckers if u bring ur combo lock or something

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        you sure about that? a guy in another thread says there are no lockers

• will0w
        will0w commented
        Editing a comment
        No...They make you turn off your cell phone and place it underneath your chair... I know I'm late...but answered anyway just in case someone in the future has the same question.

• For the Troopers OTJ. What are your opinions regarding this upcoming processing in November. Does that seem to favor the possibility of another academy after the July academy graduates January 31st? Or will the state continue to process regardless just to use up the allocated funds for the agency?

Looking from the outside, it seems as if another academy is possible despite the current testing going on this month.

Edit: I processed in May and have gone through every part of the process with no issues so far.
      Last edited by dutchessNY89; 10-22-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Correction, I thought I was ranked 14xxx but I'm actually 18xxx. Having second thoughts about this and might go to processing. Got nothing to lose. Just have no clue what the current timeline is though.

Comment

• From what I can tell, no one knows anything. I, as well as several others on here, processed in May. I have gotten through everything but the final medical. Just waiting on any news whatsoever. My advice would be to go process, there‚Äôs no down side to putting yourself in position for such a great career.

Comment

• slapshot63
            slapshot63 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, that was my thinking so I'm going to go. I did see that with this processing there's no option to take a retest if you fail physical agility exam. That's the part I'm most nervous on. I'm confident in myself that I can do it but there's just a lot riding on that day.

• has anybody here deferred ?, I started processing in o ctober 2016 invites to medical in April 2017 but had to medically defer. would I have to redo physical test?, and what does background update consist of?, another home visit ect?

Comment

• Being that the exam has so little content questions and close to 300 life and personality questions, how is this exam actually graded ?
            I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post
              Being that the exam has so little content questions and close to 300 life and personality questions, how is this exam actually graded ?
              Its entirely made up. Just cross your fingers.

Comment

• Hello all! I just took the exam yesterday (10/28/17) and I am wondering how long does It take for the results to be released? Also, this thread is massive so pardon my laziness but from what I have read here it seems they do the physical, background, and medical in a single weekend? Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                  jaguarshark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When your exam is graded, you're given a rank based on your score. When your rank is called, you are invited to "processing weekend", which involves the PT test and some other stuff on Saturday, and the psych test and other stuff on Sunday. This takes place at and around the NYSP Academy in Albany. What's commonly referred to as the "medical" takes place a month before the Academy class begins. The steps are also linear, so if you don't pass one, you don't do the next one.

• written then after some time physical then next day written psych a few weeks after oral psych ,background, polygraph then medical invite. process is about 6 mos long

Comment

• Any rumor updates regarding a possible 2018 late winter academy utilizing the 2013 list?

Comment

• in officially done requested a medical deferment but wasn't cleared before the cutoff date Oct 6 missed it by 12 days. letter said the list i was on 2013 was set to expire. GOTDAMN IT

Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
                    Any rumor updates regarding a possible 2018 late winter academy utilizing the 2013 list?

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                      in officially done requested a medical deferment but wasn't cleared before the cutoff date Oct 6 missed it by 12 days. letter said the list i was on 2013 was set to expire. GOTDAMN IT

Sorry to hear that news. Doesn't sound promising if they mentioned the list is going to expire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12605 users online. 478 members and 12127 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X