X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise age limit!!!!! Damnit

hopefully we BOTH get in
    Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post

I was told that if I do not make it into this next academy, I will have to start over like everyone else.

Comment

• leo1112
      leo1112 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill be 31 in november

• Anybody hearing anything about a potential academy?

Comment

• Haven't heard anything. It's been quiet.

Comment

• Can anyone OTJ advise if it is difficult to get into Troop L, or a timeline from graduation for the wait to get there? Is a "hook" required? Current OTJ NYPD and unsure about switching, I would like to work on Long Island within a couple years.

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          You can get to Troop L in 2-3 years, but you can get to Troop NYC immediately. The last class forced dozens of recruits to go there, whether they wanted it or not. There are no hooks.
          Last edited by jaguarshark; 09-01-2017, 09:00 PM.

• reils49
          reils49 commented
          Editing a comment
          It took guys from my class 7 years to get to L.

• My preferences in order

nyc
        L
        f/k
        if i can get nyc from the jp & STAY there id be happy

Comment

• reils49
          reils49 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why don't you take the NYPD test? Life is going to be rough when you end up in Plattsburgh.
          Last edited by reils49; 09-03-2017, 11:32 AM.

• nyc4419
          nyc4419 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted post
          Last edited by nyc4419; 09-03-2017, 02:57 PM.

• Id perfer those but honesty ill go WHEREEVER im sent , F*** it

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the next academy? I think I read something online that they do the medical exam a month prior to the academy class?
          Last edited by Charger16; 02-04-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
            dutchessNY89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard the same thing from mine. He sent my packet up to Albany about three weeks ago. But has been in contact with me this week asking a few more questions. Haven't heard anything else.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            The current class is due to graduate 1/31/18. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything earlier than late Feb 2018.

• dutchessNY89
            dutchessNY89 commented
            Editing a comment
            If the grades come out sooner then anticipated, we will have to start from scratch though.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            this is true

• Another question if you guys may or may not know the answer..do you get a letter of acceptance before the medical exam? Or do you go through the medical exam and wait to get a letter of acceptance/decline
          Last edited by Charger16; 02-04-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• I believe after you pass medical you get invite. At medical you get fitted for uniforms and shown around

Originally posted by Jenniferlynnox View Post
            Another question if you guys may or may not know the answer..do you get a letter of acceptance before the medical exam? Or do you go through the medical exam and wait to get a letter of acceptance/decline? I know they have to get legislation to pass a budget too at some point and figure out how many people are going to be in this upcoming academy. So many leading factors! The anticipation of over 3 almost 4 years to possibly get this opportunity before they start the new list is tense.

Comment

• Charger16
              Charger16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay thank you for clarifying!

• If the next academy is really February I don't know if the candidates from the next test will have completed the fit test psych evaluations and background investigations. The new scores would have to be out very quick to get all of that done by feb
            Last edited by Abonilla23; 09-11-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• I believe the results weren't out until January/ February when they gave the last test in 2013. First academy off that test was in August of 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abonilla23 View Post
                If the next academy is really February I don't know if the candidates from the next test will have completed the fit test psych evaluations and background investigations. The new scores would have to be out very quick to get all of that done by feb
                And I believe there was only one test date if I remember correctly? This October there will be three. So I'd assume grades would be out first week of March (assuming).

I hope that that would mean that we would have a shot still.

Comment

• Anyone have anymore information that they've heard?

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
                    Anyone have anymore information that they've heard?
                    have not heard anything from anyone

Comment

• anyone here on ranked in the 11k's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8512 users online. 420 members and 8092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X