Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh wow really!! Do they use lube at least??? lol

Comment

• For others of you that also didn't make the July academy, I received a letter today from the NYSP saying I'll be contacted by a BI again to update my info and for medical processing again for a Spring 2018 academy. Also said that the list might become inactive before I am called for an academy.

Comment

• Shockman
        Shockman commented
        Editing a comment
        Mwhite, i got a letter as well. what is your list #?

• I have my poly scheduled for August X. Hope I still can get into that 2018 Academy. Seems to me that they wouldn't be going through all this trouble if they did not intend to squeeze out one more class from the 2013 test.
      Last edited by dutchessNY89; 07-30-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Hey everyone, been following this thread for a long time now and I have a question for everyone here.

I, like so many else, took the exam in 2013 and was lucky enough to score high enough to be ranked just under 4K.

Due to failing the initial PT test (damn sit-ups) and a medical deferment (damn shoulder) I just not went through the process in June. I have passed everything up to the Poly, the background investigation is ongoing, but there shouldn't be any issues as there's nothing that should cause any issues.

My question is this, if everything goes according to plan, and I'm aware that that is a pretty large assumption, how do they decide who gets a call to the academy? Will my initial ranking help me in this regard?

thanks for any info you can provide.

Comment

• Abram0710
          Abram0710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you allow to continue the process even if you failed the PT test?

• Buf022
          Buf022 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are allowed to retake the physical once more if you fail. K-9Dream sorry I can't help you with your question. Good luck.

• Abram0710
          Abram0710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting. Thanks Buf022

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
        I have my poly scheduled for August X. Hope I still can get into that 2018 Academy. Seems to me that they wouldn't be going through all this trouble if they did not intend to squeeze out one more class from the 2013 test.
        im ranked 14xxx took my poly about three weeks ago. went for a post poly interview and my bi has been contacting my jobs/ references. Im hoping there is still a chance for the next academy.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yah. I think we will have one more shot for anearly spring academy. I passed the poly and have been moving forward with the process. Hopefully we will get a medical invite.

• The problem with only having the one academy left is that there are a good amount of back fills from the last class (or so I've heard) so I'm not sure how many spots will even be available for those processsing now. And I'm not sure how they stack all of the candidates once we've passed everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post
          The problem with only having the one academy left is that there are a good amount of back fills from the last class (or so I've heard) so I'm not sure how many spots will even be available for those processsing now. And I'm not sure how they stack all of the candidates once we've passed everything.
          Do you think by passing and scoring high on the upcoming exam, would we have to do the whole process again if we get called?

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post
            The problem with only having the one academy left is that there are a good amount of back fills from the last class (or so I've heard) so I'm not sure how many spots will even be available for those processsing now. And I'm not sure how they stack all of the candidates once we've passed everything.
            FYI: the current class burned through all the official notified backfills.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

Do you think by passing and scoring high on the upcoming exam, would we have to do the whole process again if we get called?
              I was told that if I do not make it into this next academy, I will have to start over like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post

FYI: the current class burned through all the official notified backfills.
                Oh really? I didn't hear that, but it's great news.

Comment

• Abonilla23
                  Abonilla23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can confirm as well they went through the backlist for the last class I was called to be on the emergency backlist.

• dutchessNY89
                  dutchessNY89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's a backlist for the backlist? Lol

• I was told that there is a possible smaller class heading in this October and another class, budget pending in March. This last class is contingent upon the 2017 exam list not being established right away. I'm 100 % done and packet is up to Albany. It's a waiting game. Good luck to all those who can get into a final academy for this exam list.

Comment

• leo1112
                  leo1112 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im done as well had to medically defer hopfully i can get in this october rank 112xx.

There's a backlist for the backlist? Lol
                Lol apparently only happens if they have a ton of drop outs and go go through the initial list I was shocked when they called me.

Comment

I was told that there is a possible smaller class heading in this October and another class, budget pending in March. This last class is contingent upon the 2017 exam list not being established right away. I'm 100 % done and packet is up to Albany. It's a waiting game. Good luck to all those who can get into a final academy for this exam list.
                  October class ehh? First I've heard of this. I'm just waiting for my background to be done. Once that's done (has to be in by 9/1) what happens next? Does anyone know how long it takes to hear if you're on the academy list? I was rank number 38**.

Comment

• It's a waiting game to either be invited to a medical or to be eliminated. Everything within our control is done. Now it's up to the powers that be. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Are the sit ups and push ups the same at the medical exam as they are at the PAT test, and also are the sit-ups timed again? Just making sure to stay in shape. Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7933 users online. 204 members and 7729 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X