Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
    Double post
    Sounds about right - I vaguely remember talk about it from last academy. My apologies for that. Is searching through the app more user-friendly from a desktop? Searching from a mobile device doesn't seem to always find you the appropriate results from key word searches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jr.90 View Post

Sounds about right - I vaguely remember talk about it from last academy. My apologies for that. Is searching through the app more user-friendly from a desktop? Searching from a mobile device doesn't seem to always find you the appropriate results from key word searches.

Comment

• What do we know about irons and laundry bags? Should we bring or are they provided?

edit: hangars are your responsibility. Recommend swivel hook for room changes and quick hanging.
        Last edited by ExtraRely; 06-30-2017, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExtraRely View Post
          What do we know about irons and laundry bags? Should we bring or are they provided?

edit: hangars are your responsibility. Recommend swivel hook for room changes and quick hanging.
          I know that irons convert electrical energy into heat and steam. Helps remove wrinkles.

Laundry bags are great to put dirty clothes in so they're not laying on the floor. I hear they don't like if you leave your dirty skivvies on the floor for the maid to have to clean up.

Comment

• ExtraRely
            ExtraRely commented
            Editing a comment
            Squev, go away lol.

• Originally posted by ExtraRely View Post
          What do we know about irons and laundry bags? Should we bring or are they provided?

Most guys will bring in irons, starch, and more hangers over time. Bring the essentials to begin with and you can slowly bring more things over time, week by week. Irons and starch are a must. All your hangers need to match as well. You can't have a laundry bag showing but not a bad idea for your drawer.

Comment

• Delete comment
            Last edited by CGR; 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM. Reason: delete conment

Comment

• reils49
              reils49 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you should tell the PT staff exactly what's on your mind.

• Buf022
              Buf022 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I don't know but I'll try to be at least a little helpful here. Don't forget all the calisthenics that you'll be doing along with running. I'm sure it'll be similar to Marines boot camp where fat will drop but lean muscle will build. Pretty sure people won't be getting big. Like I said I don't know but a lot of useless screwing around answers here lately. Good luck hope to be behind you in class 207.

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              What may seem like a snide remark conveys a very important point: Division doesn't care about your input.

In any case, the Academy PT is fairly crossfit oriented with lesser emphasis on distance running. Your results will vary based on what you put in.

• Originally posted by CGR View Post
            Purely out of curiosity, Does anybody know if the academy PT training includes any type of weight training at all? I feel like them having us run miles per day with no type of weight / resistance training whatsoever will have us all looking like skinny marathon runners at the end of six months.
            I agree with reils49. Honesty is the best policy.

Comment

• Agreed. You SHOULD discuss your concerns with them. Cadet direction on issues is the only way change will come about.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Question about dress shoes. The packet specifies no patent leather and whatnot, however, I have extremely wide feet and didn't get nicer shoes. They state they're genuine leather, however seem rather shiny. As long as they say they're leather, should be good, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baconator4 View Post
                  Question about dress shoes. The packet specifies no patent leather and whatnot, however, I have extremely wide feet and didn't get nicer shoes. They state they're genuine leather, however seem rather shiny. As long as they say they're leather, should be good, right?
                  Not sure what you mean by didn't get nicer shoes. The key is to make sure you can shine them with polish (literally 50% of your time will be spent doing this) and that they are not military type corfam / patent leather. They also should not have any stitching or dressy designs. Although State Police purple laces are strongly encouraged (to match your purple tie with your suit yiu wear before you get issued your uniform).

Comment

• Baconator4
                    Baconator4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I assumed a purple velvet shoe was standard. The gold buckle can be polished... On a serious note, had a few friends look at them, and I'm all set.

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

Not sure what you mean by didn't get nicer shoes.
                  I too am confused by this.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Baconator4
                    Baconator4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got the kind light that light up when you step

• I would go with a nice pair of wing tips. When the ATO's compliment, make sure to high five them. Don't leave them hanging. Not cool.

Comment

• I need to schedule my psychological interview. Anyone have the contact numbers as I am currently on a temp assignment in Arizona and don't have any paperwork of mine. Thank you

Comment

• hey y'all, I'm new to the forum. I'm sure this has been asked many times, is this exam similar to the nypd exam? or would u say its more invasive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herchefner View Post
                        hey y'all, I'm new to the forum. I'm sure this has been asked many times, is this exam similar to the nypd exam? or would u say its more invasive?
                        The written exam includes a rectal examination as well. Pretty invasive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10431 users online. 416 members and 10015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X