300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by itsacopthing View Post
    Anyone else from Orange County get their packet and want to train?
    You guys should get together and haze the $hit out of each other until you question every life decision you've made up to this point. Only then will you be truly prepared. That and when you can do 200 burpees without stopping.

Comment

• Just got a call from the hiring department. I am number 20 on the backfill list. She told me they have already had 2 people turn down a position in the academy. Hope to see you guys soon

Comment

• Rmharrig
        Rmharrig commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea if you have been moved up on the backfill list since you were contacted initially?

• Originally posted by mahall10 View Post
      Just got a call from the hiring department. I am number 20 on the backfill list. She told me they have already had 2 people turn down a position in the academy. Hope to see you guys soon
      If you dont mind me asking, what's your exam list number?

Comment

• mahall10
        mahall10 commented
        Editing a comment
        My ranking was 11,7xx

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

You guys should get together and haze the $hit out of each other until you question every life decision you've made up to this point. Only then will you be truly prepared. That and when you can do 200 burpees without stopping.
      Haha.

Joking aside, DO NOT go up there out of shape. You WILL be PAT tested on day 1. DO NOT be the guy who can't replicate the 50% standard. I'm sure many of you will scoff, but it is a certainty that some of you will go up there out of shape. You will be wasting everybody's time and possibly get yourselves fired.

Also go to Walmart and buy a $20 suit. It's going to be July and your suit will soak up more sweat than a gym sock.

Comment

• Got it! Does anyone know what kind of black gloves we are suppose to bring...leather or knit?

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless things have changed, it's just to keep warm when running or shoveling snow. But obviously it's July.

• Joel1989
          Joel1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like he said just cotton winter gloves

• Thanks for the input. I will just get cotton gloves

Comment

• Question for anybody who may know, Will the 2013 list expire in January? So dose that mean if you don't get into this upcoming academy you will automatically be dq?

Thanks

Comment

• If the list expires, and you're still on it, you don't pass go but you are not disqualified. You can take the next test.

As for when the list expires or if another class is hired off this list, nobody knows.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Regarding the athletic supporter, does anyone know if we need a cup as well? I would assume so, but it does not say to bring a cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by zf25 View Post
                Regarding the athletic supporter, does anyone know if we need a cup as well? I would assume so, but it does not say to bring a cup.
                Yes to cup.

Comment

• zf25
                  zf25 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you.

• NYCopper
                  NYCopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's for defensive tactics, boxing, etc.

• Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring snacks.Should I bring a water bottle?

Comment

• Originally posted by I wanna be a cop View Post
                  Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring snacks.Should I bring a water bottle?
                  Yes, bring lots of snacks. The rule is if you bring snacks, bring enough for your whole room. The food there sucks. They will issue you your first purple water bottle once you get there.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice NY Copper.How many people to a room on average?

Comment

• Don't worry about water bottle. You'll get one there and kindly encouraged to have it with you.
                      Last edited by jaguarshark; 06-24-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by I wanna be a cop View Post
                        Thanks for the advice NY Copper.How many people to a room on average?
                        Max of 4 to a room. With a bathroom connecting to a room of 4. So snacks for 8.

Comment

• emlaxstar9
                          emlaxstar9 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I started cracking up for this. Made my night

• NYCopper
                          NYCopper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wait for it...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14531 users online. 451 members and 14080 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X