• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my letter boys troop A see use there

Comment

• Got mine too. NYC rank 93xx

Comment

• Originally posted by pdpsitch View Post
        Congrats to those who have received their letters and those who have them in the mail.
        Do you know how long after the psychological interview you hear from a background investigator? Thank you.
        Turn on pm

Comment

• Zepp798
          Zepp798 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, long time lurker here with the same question. Finished the psych eval a month ago and haven't heard anything. I did receive a missed call from a number that was listed as "unknown" while I was at the gym about a week or so ago, but no attempts since. Not sure if it's at all relevant or just a case of me being paranoid.

• Got the letter guys.

Comment

• I am from the Bronx

Comment

• Got the packet in Troop A Buffalo, rank 6900. See you all soon!!!

Comment

• I have a feeling anyone above 11k isn't getting called for this academy.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Got my package today troop A..

Comment

• Hello all. I've been following this forum for little while, so I still have a lot of catch-up to do. I signed up for this upcoming examination. I should've applied for the 2013 examination, but I couldn't do to military service. So it looks like NYSP use the same company as PA and MA State Police. For some reason, I don't do well on this particular test. So it is safe to say if you score mid to high 70's you might as well forget about it? Based on that presumption I might as well reenlist for 3 more years. lol. Anyway, anyone with additional resources or tips to prepare for this exam other than the study guide provided?

Btw, congratulations to those who just received packets. Well deserve!

Comment

• mahall10
                    mahall10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you score less than a 95 it seems like you might as well forget it

• Troop A, packet received. See you guys soon.

Comment

• Anyone else from Orange County get their packet and want to train?

Comment

• Greetings all, new to the forum, from Westchester County - I'm on here often enough, so I figured I'd become a member. On the list with NYSP at rank 114xx.
                      I've found info on academy classes from a while back, but does anybody know how many backfill spots have been filled during recent academies? It's hard to believe that a person would put in all those hours for a chance to qualify for the academy, end up being selected, and then just not show up.
                      Last edited by Jr.90; 06-22-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jr.90 View Post
                        Greetings all, new to the forum, from Westchester County - I'm on here often enough, so I figured I'd become a member. On the list with NYSP at rank 114xx.
                        I've found info on academy classes from a while back, but does anybody know how many backfill spots have been filled during recent academies? It's hard to believe that a person would put in all those hours for a chance to qualify for the academy, end up being selected, and then just not show up.
                        You can call and ask if you're on the backfill list, and also where on the list you stand. Each class there is roughly 10+ backfills. There will definitely be quitters and no-shows in that first week.

Comment

• Jr.90
                          Jr.90 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the info. I had one other thing rolling around in my head - is it safe to say that the backfill list is established in ranking order? So, hypothetically the 10+ candidates on that list would have been the next 10+ invited to the academy that they are backfilled for if that class was larger? And are they the first to get selected for the next class if they aren't used?
                          Last edited by Jr.90; 06-22-2017, 11:18 AM.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post

You can call and ask if you're on the backfill list, and also where on the list you stand. Each class there is roughly 10+ backfills. There will definitely be quitters and no-shows in that first week.
                        Thanks for the info. I had one other thing rolling around in my head - is it safe to say that the backfill list is established in ranking order? So, hypothetically the 10+ candidates on that list would have been the next 10+ invited to the academy that they are backfilled for if that class was larger? And are they the first to get selected for the next class if they aren't used?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jr.90 View Post

yes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10775 users online. 434 members and 10341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X