Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar what date have you heard will be the next academy? Getting anxious at 107xx.Hope to make the cut

Comment

• I had to medically defer im at 112xx smh would of been waiting for letter like the rest of u but mow have to wait for may processors. This would be my last shot since ill b 31 in nov idk y i didnt take this exam yrs ago

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
        I had to medically defer im at 112xx smh would of been waiting for letter like the rest of u but mow have to wait for may processors. This would be my last shot since ill b 31 in nov idk y i didnt take this exam yrs ago
        I would guess your done. This should be the last class of this list.

Comment

• Originally posted by bchan View Post
          Does anyone know how their vacation policy works? Such as how many weeks/months of being on the job before vacation requests are granted.
          You will bid on vacation based upon your (lack) of senority. But your putting that cart slightly before the horse. 25% of your potential class won't even graduate or complete FTO...so vacation is a ways off.

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            If you need time off for a life changing event (wedding, birth of child, funeral, etc) most sergeants will work with you. Most supervisors are people too and not cold-hearted robots. Also there's PL (personal leave) which technically can't be denied if submitted far enough in advance.

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            My class started with 250 and we are down to 160-170ish I believe..we lost over 50 in the Academy.

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Sgts are good about giving time off as long as there is coverage. They let people go to weddings while they were in the academy..but "vacation" probably won't be in your first year of employment.

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            And if my math is correct we lost 21% before we even left Albany. And that was before they actually started weeding people out...
            Last edited by NYCopper; 06-11-2017, 05:25 AM.

• I hope they give us a months notice for the upcoming class, I could use a vacation before 6 rough months.

Comment

• reils49
            reils49 commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably not.

• On a different subject, if you receive a packet and are being invited to the academy, do you have to call and confirm you will be attending or do you just show up on the date specified? I'll be out of town for the next 2-3 weeks so I didn't know if I should have someone check my mail for me.

Comment

• reils49
            reils49 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't remember, maybe one of the younger troops can help you with that one. But if you're out of town, I would have someone you trust check the mail.

• Originally posted by ExtraRely View Post
          On a different subject, if you receive a packet and are being invited to the academy, do you have to call and confirm you will be attending or do you just show up on the date specified? I'll be out of town for the next 2-3 weeks so I didn't know if I should have someone check my mail for me.
          I don't recall if we mailed back or called. Definitely have someone check your mail.

Comment

• ExtraRely
            ExtraRely commented
            Editing a comment
            Roger that, thanks fellas.

• Hello all. Took the Psyc interview this past Saturday. Was pretty much what I expected. How long after the psyc interview does it usually take to hear back from a BI or if you did not pass. Thanks for the help and good luck!

Comment

• ExtraRely
            ExtraRely commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure about others but I heard from my BI about 3 or so weeks later I believe, but didn't formally meet with him until about 3 weeks after that.

• R1ch
            R1ch commented
            Editing a comment
            How did you get a response, email, phone, letter??

• You guys that are going threw the process now, when did you take the test?
          I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow... if you don't mind me asking did you score 70s,80s or 90s .. that's a long wait

• ExtraRely
            ExtraRely commented
            Editing a comment
            I also took it in Oct of 2013. I scored a 98 or so but I also deferred for a bit. Was originally processed in May 2015. They've processed a ton for this exam but realistically, you'll want to get above a 95 to have a considerable shot. Lots of veterans claiming their points these days to get up to 110 on the exam.

• mwhite41
            mwhite41 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got 95.XX with no credits and was ranked 12,8XX.

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that is crazy, I signed up for upcoming test.... no credits to claim so I really need to make sure to study for this exam

• I really hope they expect to have couple classes off this list if they are still processing people it would suck if they were wasting people's time I went through 2 final medicals and passed everything and have been waiting to get in academy since September 16 my rank was like 9700

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            a "couple" will not happen. The next class will start in 4 weeks and go until January 2018. There's an exam this October. Will there be a class next Feb? Possibly... but almost certainly that will be the last one until the Oct 2017 test comes into effect.
            Last edited by jaguarshark; 06-12-2017, 07:29 PM.

• Is this for sure Jaguar?

Comment

• Any idea how large class will be?

Comment

• Thanks for the info Jaguar....hopefully I will make the cutoff. I'm at 10700

Comment

• Where did you get the info about it starting in 4 weeks?

Comment

• Wow after reading a few post from this forum seems like this one is a tough job to land ...

im taking the test this October...

Are any of you guys that took the exam in 2013 retaking this one ... I would suggest ya do so
                I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• ballin240sx
                  ballin240sx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  prbly me, scored 95.xxx and was ranked 12, xxx. Failed sit ups first then push ups second time around .

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 179 members and 4611 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X