300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExtraRely View Post
    I remember someone saying they were up to high 8's, possibly low 9's.
    That's what I like to hear.

Comment

• Allstar51
      Allstar51 commented
      Editing a comment
      My list number is 4995. Hopefully I get picked.

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      Allstar, I take it you deferred? If they are up to 8-9k then you would definitely be good to go, as long as your final medical was good. I'm sitting at 68XX myself (deferred for military), and member hiring said hiring is based on rank so we should be good.

• I am at like 9701 and have been to 2 medicals already hope I don't get hung on the list

Comment

• Thanks guys. I just want to get in before this list expires.

Comment

• itsacopthing
        itsacopthing commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you'll be good if they have the class. I'm sitting at 93xx and i'm hoping everything ends up working out since we're running out of time with this list. I'm curious to see how it all plays out considering the number of rumors we were presented.

• Im ranked 11k but had to medically defer & im already 30 smh , im hoping to get this situation handled and go to next medical it would REALLY suck to pass medical to turn 31 & be out for age or not be selected at all by rank. This is the farthest i have made it in any LE process

Comment

• I'm 99xx on the list, 34 years old next week, and have been to two medicals as well. Started putting applications into other jobs. Interviewed for one already. It was a nice run NYSP. Thanks for the good memories. Lol

Comment

• ExtraRely
          ExtraRely commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya on that brother. I can't keep putting my life on pause either lol. I have those 2 oral board interviews in 2 weeks and if they go well and I get an offer on the spot (which is common as of late), then I'm out as well.

• Apply to other agencies. Don't put all you eggs in one basket.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Squevie are you prior military? Im currently in process with 2 other agencies

Comment

• I just signed up to take the enterance exam in October 2017, however I still have about 3 1/2 years left of the military before my enlistment is up. (The recruiter said I could get selected and defer to go to the academy until I get out and it should be perfect timing to hit the last class before the 2021 test) has anyone ever gone threw this process of deferring an academy date? Did it work out for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Athomas14 View Post
              I just signed up to take the enterance exam in October 2017, however I still have about 3 1/2 years left of the military before my enlistment is up. (The recruiter said I could get selected and defer to go to the academy until I get out and it should be perfect timing to hit the last class before the 2021 test) has anyone ever gone threw this process of deferring an academy date? Did it work out for you?
              I tried to take the 2004 exam, but I was stationed in Japan and couldn't get leave. They gave a "military supplemental exam" in 2006, which I took. A year later I got called for processing, a month before I was leaving for Iraq so I deferred. I processed a few months before my EAS, probably July or August of 2008. My EAS from the Marine Corps was 10/12, my EOD with SP is 12/1.

Its smart doing it that way, but there can be issues. I had to fly from California to NY a few times. I came close once to having my leave denied for operational commitments at my unit. OIF was a big factor in that though, because it was crazy then.

I applied to othe agencies also and would encourage you all to do the same.
              Last edited by reils49; 06-05-2017, 06:58 PM.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Has anybody heard any good news regarding the state budget approval and possible academy start date??

Comment

• ExtraRely
                  ExtraRely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No news. I'm pretty sure my mail lady thinks I'm crazy though.

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                Squevie are you prior military? Im currently in process with 2 other agencies
                Yeah prior Maine Corps.

Comment

• I'm feeling confident we'll see letters within the next week.

Comment

• CGR
                    CGR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is this wishful thinking or did you hear something from a legit source?

• ExtraRely
                    ExtraRely commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many of us have asked legitimate sources (investigators, member hiring, other troopers, etc.) and haven't gotten any information or they have said to continue seeking other opportunities... not exactly a confidence booster lol.

• PM me for academy start date if interested

Comment

• Does anyone know how their vacation policy works? Such as how many weeks/months of being on the job before vacation requests are granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by bchan View Post
                      Does anyone know how their vacation policy works? Such as how many weeks/months of being on the job before vacation requests are granted.
                      You accrue AL (annual leave) while in the Academy so by the time you graduate you'll have a chunk. However I can't imagine you'll take any while on FTO unless you have some extenuating circumstances ie. wedding or something. Other than that, it'll depend on how nice your sergeants are and how well covered your station's posts are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9359 users online. 225 members and 9134 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X