Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long of a postponement are we looking at?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGR View Post
      How long of a postponement are we looking at?
      I Hear Jan 2018. It is not cost effective to do a smaller class

Comment

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        Is your information credible though? Did you hear that from somebody that is higher up or just somebody else through a rumor?

• itsacopthing
        itsacopthing commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I wish we knew where these rumors were coming from.
        Last edited by itsacopthing; 05-23-2017, 10:39 PM.

• itsacopthing
        itsacopthing commented
        Editing a comment
        The investigator at the last medical said there was 317 attending​ from last May and June. I'm confused where 150 is coming from. That number sounds too low considering there were people ready that didn't fit in the last class plus the people who have made it through the whole process since then.
        Last edited by itsacopthing; 05-23-2017, 11:16 PM.

• Edited for non clarity
      Last edited by Squevie; 05-24-2017, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• I did just learn from a credible source that the class was supposed to start on May 22nd, but the class was frozen due to State budget issues. They don't know when the State Government will approve the budget for the next class

Comment

• Who's this credible source

Comment

• So... Anyone else see this?! This gives me hope since I'm turning 34 next month! (veteran)

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation...t/original#yes

Comment

• ExtraRely
              ExtraRely commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably gonna need it after they screw us out of this upcoming academy and go on a freeze for years again.

• I don't like the maximum age for hiring, but I think you need to go when you're 60.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• They need to raise it 30 yrs old is too young 35 like everyone else is better

Comment

• I really just hope I don't get hung on this list before it expires already been through 2 medicals and to Albany 5 times from buffalo it's not cheap. Seems like it would be a big waste of money for all this processing we went through just for them to not get us in a academy.

Comment

• ExtraRely
                  ExtraRely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are quite a few of us from Buffalo that have been through this process for a while now so I feel your pain, as I'm sure they do. There are too many rumors at this point to know exactly what is going on. All we can do is cross our fingers and toes that we will get appointment letters before the end of the year and we would be good. Patience is key now, I guess.

• I have heard that an issue with the budget is to blame. Cuomo wants to only put about 150 trainees through the academy while the troopers want around 200. I am not sure how true this is but hopefully they come to some kind of solution or middle ground if this is the case.

Comment

• It's political. Everything is political. If you join the SP you will see that being the Praetorian guard has its pros and cons. This is a con. Millions of dollars are being spent so people see gray and purple at the airports in NYC while you all hang in limbo. Get used to it.

Comment

• Yes very true, as Rely said patience is key.

Comment

• I know none of us have received an appointment date, but I wonder if those who were denied were told so? Lets hope the budget is passed!

Comment

• ExtraRely
                        ExtraRely commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With the way NYS works, I doubt anyone has heard anything at all. Thats why you should never put all your eggs in one basket. If you feel there is a chance of being DQ'd with one department, look into another that may not be as strict with your issue (drug use, traffic violations, college GPA, etc.).

• For what its worth word on the street is the 24th of June and they are still arguing over class size.

Comment

• ExtraRely
                        ExtraRely commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gotcha. I figured it was somewhere in that range to give your current employer some notice and such. Based on that, I would think that this upcoming week would bring some manila envelopes.

• zf25
                        zf25 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Someone did the math on this forum and said that usually you receive a letter/envelope 34 days before the academy start date. Obviously this can change, just what I recall reading.

• ExtraRely
                        ExtraRely commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At this point, I don't care if they come a day before, haha let's just get this going...

• zf25
                        zf25 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I feel the same way.

• I understand there will be some deferred candidates but I wonder what numbers they're up to on the list? High 8k's?

Comment

• ExtraRely
                        ExtraRely commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I remember someone saying they were up to high 8's, possibly low 9's.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10258 users online. 465 members and 9793 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X