Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 18 is the date that's being thrown around.

Comment

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      Also heard that from a few different sources. Nothing in stone though. Figure if that is the date then we could expect packets within the next 7-14 days i would think.

• I'm hoping after going through medical twice they will reach me for this next class.

Comment

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on your rank at this point I'd say.

• Too bad we don't know our ranks

Comment

• Originally posted by Joel1989 View Post
      Too bad we don't know our ranks
      Your rank should have been provided to you based upon your score on the trooper website. Anyone who has passed everything should make it to the academy. The numbers I heard were 3500 invited to medical, 1500 showed up, just over 400 made it to sunday, and half of those will pass their background and make it into the academy. It sounds like they are struggling to fill the next class.

Comment

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        Very well could be. Those numbers you mentioned were the very same statistics from the October processing (not sure if that's what you were referencing) but yeah it could be them having trouble filling the class up. But yes Joel you can go on the NYTrooper site and click login to view your score and rank.

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

Your rank should have been provided to you based upon your score on the trooper website. Anyone who has passed everything should make it to the academy. The numbers I heard were 3500 invited to medical, 1500 showed up, just over 400 made it to sunday, and half of those will pass their background and make it into the academy. It sounds like they are struggling to fill the next class.
      I'm sure that what he meant was what rank did they end with filling the 205, where does the 206 begin, how many deferments are jumping in, etc...

So while our​​​​​ exam rank may be upwards of 9k....where do we rank in terms of 206. The deferments are obviously the lowest ranks of 1, 2, 3, and so on for the 206.

Comment

• Yes that's what I meant our rank as in where I am to get in next class I have already went through two medicals and my rank on actual test was 9701

Comment

• At the most recent medical, they said there was 317 eligible for this upcoming class and only a maximum of 250 spots depending on what they approve. I hope my rank is low enough, I sit around 10,500....

Comment

• There better be an "upcoming class"...

Comment

• ExtraRely
              ExtraRely commented
              Editing a comment
              You and me both.. especially after deferring for 2 years. I'm surprised not many others have reached out to their recruiters to get their input. I wrote mine an email but never got a response.

• Rumor is academy class postponed to possibly January 2018

Comment

• Well that wouldn't be good. Where did this rumor come from?

Comment

• I also heard a rumor that NY was phasing out police pensions and everyone was going to 1% 401k.. #rumor

Comment

• I hope this rumor isn't true that would such if it was postponed

Comment

• The fact that they had a medical, mentioned a June class, and held another processing weekend leads me to think they'll continue with a new class. However, I also understand how rapidly things change up in Albany so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Comment

• For what it's worth - as all things can change. A recruiter told me three days ago that the ATOs already have a date they have to be back in June.

Comment

• Apparently they only had 150 for next class. There is talk to hold off until they finish processing from may. They want to get a full class in. Cuomo wants bodies in nyc

Comment

• itsacopthing
                          itsacopthing commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I actually did hear they might have a smaller class of about this number. Hopefully they do that in June and prepare a full class for Jan. in the meantime.

• ExtraRely
                          ExtraRely commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I feel like it would only make sense to do a smaller class now and a large in the winter before the exam expires but that's just my opinion obviously.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11334 users online. 401 members and 10933 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X