Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the letter also with 14** list number and was totally not expecting this at all. I'm from Long Island and currently on the job in the DC area. My question is do you have a better chance of staying down state or going down state then upstate? I'm looking to move back home but I'm not looking to live off Long Island.

Comment

• I'm in the 15k's I wonder how many got canvassed

Comment

• Originally posted by JFD516 View Post
        I got the letter also with 14** list number and was totally not expecting this at all. I'm from Long Island and currently on the job in the DC area. My question is do you have a better chance of staying down state or going down state then upstate? I'm looking to move back home but I'm not looking to live off Long Island.
        Don't you already live off Long Island? Who wants to move back and deal with the taxes and traffic.

Realistically you could end up anywhere. For years the only places recruits went was K, F or B. Then that changed and B and C have been getting a lot of recruits from the last classes. It really depends. The good news for you is NYC is now a definite possibility, but you won't go there until you are off probation.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• JFD516
          JFD516 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well the cost of living isn't much Better in The livable areas of Wash D.C. I just miss Long Island and edible pizza do not sure I want to take s chance and love even further away then I do now. I know it's the end of the list put is there another weekend that it can be postponed for? I got into a fight at work and sprained my wrist recently and not sure I'm gonna be able to do those push ups or train for them.

• Originally posted by JFD516 View Post
        I got the letter also with 14** list number and was totally not expecting this at all. I'm from Long Island and currently on the job in the DC area. My question is do you have a better chance of staying down state or going down state then upstate? I'm looking to move back home but I'm not looking to live off Long Island.
        With the Cuomo push into Troop NYC you'll get down state rather easily. I've heard from supervisors that Troop NYC is getting bodies straight off FTO so you might not even have to wait for probation. Of course this is current news. Things will likely change in a class or two once the saturation of troopers into NYC is complete. FWIW: the current class was told they could put Troop NYC down as one of their Troop picks. That's never happened before.

Comment

• It was also very difficult to get into Troop G and Troop T but I know 2 guys from 2 separate classes that went straight to Albany/Clifton Park and a guy with 9 months on who is now working the Thruway so it's anybody's guess.

Comment

• The guy I bought my house from just got canvassed (at my house). Too bad he didn't give a forwarding address...

Comment

• Looks like you can now apply to take October 2017 exam on their website.

Comment

• As per the NYTrooper site, looks like we're up to 16,500.

Invitations to Trooper Candidate Processing weekend, scheduled for May 6th and 7th, 2017, have been mailed to applicants up to the rank of 16,500. All applicants are reminded to keep their contact information current and accurate in our Trooper Examination System via the link provided on our home page. IT STARTS NOW

Comment

• Anyone staying the night in Albany want to grab a burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
                    Anyone staying the night in Albany want to grab a burger?
                    Perhaps. I got another gentleman from Troop A rooming with me tonight so when he gets in around 4/4:30, I can see if he's interested as well.

Comment

• They are processing on easter weekend?

Comment

• So the canvass letter i got states this is prob the last processing from 2013.. i wonder what the chance is of actually getting on assuming we pass everything. Seems theres a bunch of ppl all cleared and waiting as well as the list expiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
                          i wonder what the chance is of actually getting on assuming we pass everything. Seems theres a bunch of ppl all cleared and waiting as well as the list expiring.
                          Impossible to say. Anybody saying otherwise is just making it up.

Comment

• I heard the investigator in the catwalk say they're anticipating a June 4th start date. He also said that 317 people from last May and June's processing weekends have made it through the whole process, I'm not sure if some of those people are in the current class though.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsacopthing View Post
                              I heard the investigator in the catwalk say they're anticipating a June 4th start date. He also said that 317 people from last May and June's processing weekends have made it through the whole process, I'm not sure if some of those people are in the current class though.
                              I also heard this or the week after. Also heard that they invited 317 people to the processing weekend. Trend...?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4859 users online. 237 members and 4622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X