300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post

I am sure things definitely happen. From the Troopers I've talked to, they said if you go to medical, it's more than likely you're going to the academy. Obviously it hinges on the budget as well as your rank on the list. For some of us, we were deferrals, backfills or just didn't get reached by a slim margin for the last class.
    Dq's are still sent out after medical. Your not in until you get your packet for the academy. Do not buy anything before that for your own sake. Good luck and keep training.

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post

Dq's are still sent out after medical. Your not in until you get your packet for the academy. Do not buy anything before that for your own sake. Good luck and keep training.
      I agree, I think you're pulling the cart before the horse......

Comment

• Medical invite came in the mail today! See you guys 4/15/17 @ 8:30 am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
          9/10/16 was the medical before the 10/23/16 class....so about 6 weeks prior.

If 5/28 is actually the day, expect medical around April 15th.

I'd ​​​​keep 5/28 open.

Comment

• Got the final medical invite. See you all there 4/15!

Comment

• See y'all there!

Comment

• Congrats to those who received their medical invites! I havent gotten anything yet but I'm also not sure how long they mail them out for.

Do they sometimes send out invites to those who were backfills first or does it typically all go at once?

Comment

• Nothing over here yet either

Comment

• I've been watching this thread for a while as I go through the process. I got my letter for the medical exam on Monday and was curious if anyone knew what was involved when we go in.

Comment

Congrats to those who received their medical invites! I havent gotten anything yet but I'm also not sure how long they mail them out for.

Do they sometimes send out invites to those who were backfills first or does it typically all go at once?
                      I wasn't a backfill and I received my medical invite Monday. I'm not sure how it works but best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mwhite41 View Post
                        I've been watching this thread for a while as I go through the process. I got my letter for the medical exam on Monday and was curious if anyone knew what was involved when we go in.
                        There's dozens of stations set up around the HQ building. You're measured and fitted for all uniform items. There's also a medical screening. The doc checks your heart and bp and some other basic stuff. Asks you some questions, turn and cough I think, and you're on your way. If you're coming from Buffalo, arrive early. The lines are ridiculous as the docs take forever. Also ensure you eat a hearty breakfast. Last time I went, I was there from 10am-4pm going through all the stations and was famished by the time I left.

Comment

• I spoke with member hiring and I guess my invite just got jumbled up in the mail and hasn't arrived yet along with a few others she said. I guess if you don't have one by Monday you could always call and ask. If you haven't received anything anyway, but she did say DQs were out too.

Comment

I spoke with member hiring and I guess my invite just got jumbled up in the mail and hasn't arrived yet .
                            That is how I got my appointment to the academy. I was one of the last ones to find out.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

That is how I got my appointment to the academy. I was one of the last ones to find out.
                              Sorry to hear that, talk about stressing out until the very last minute, haha. But hey it all worked out and here you are.

Comment

• Finally got the invite! Mail forwarding had it delayed. See you guys the 15th, 7:30 is my time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9655 users online. 481 members and 9174 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X