Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in the same boat as Josh. From troop A, but have understood from the beginning of the process chance of even getting placed here after graduation from the academy is less than 1%. Dream sheet would be E,C or D but regardless I'd be happy anywhere. Get the experience seeing other parts of NY. Do my time and work back to A eventually.

Side note: Does anyone know the page on the forum that had a list of items previous academy candidates that wrote up to suggest what items to bring or to definitely have for the academy. unless anyone viewing has some tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by NTTrooper View Post
      I'm in the same boat as Josh. From troop A, but have understood from the beginning of the process chance of even getting placed here after graduation from the academy is less than 1%. Dream sheet would be E,C or D but regardless I'd be happy anywhere. Get the experience seeing other parts of NY. Do my time and work back to A eventually.

Side note: Does anyone know the page on the forum that had a list of items previous academy candidates that wrote up to suggest what items to bring or to definitely have for the academy. unless anyone viewing has some tips.
      Yeah I'm looking for this too. I know that you need a few black suits and some white dress shirts. With Sears going out of business here in Middletown, I picked up a suit and 3 shirts for $90. What a steal. I know we need some rubber soled black Oxfords that can be polished (not patent leather). Not sure of what else we need though.

I ​too would like to get a head start our chasing stuff so it's not ​​​​something I need to get all within a few weeks before the Academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post

Yeah I'm looking for this too. I know that you need a few black suits and some white dress shirts. With Sears going out of business here in Middletown, I picked up a suit and 3 shirts for $90. What a steal. I know we need some rubber soled black Oxfords that can be polished (not patent leather). Not sure of what else we need though.

I ​too would like to get a head start our chasing stuff so it's not ​​​​something I need to get all within a few weeks before the Academy.
        Exactly Squevie,

it it doesn't hurt to get some things early on. If anything ill
        spend some time looking back through the postings but if someone has it on hand or has some insight it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Exactly Squevie,

it it doesn't hurt to get some things early on. If anything ill
          spend some time looking back through the postings but if someone has it on hand or has some insight it's greatly appreciated.
          I tried to use the search bar but couldn't seem to find much of a list or anything other than recommendations to just buy Walmart suits since they'll just get trashed anyways. I myself enjoy Kohls for anything suit/clothing wise since you can use coupons and everything is always discounted already. The last suit I got was originally $400 and I think I paid $100 for the pants, jacket, undershirt and tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate3234 View Post
            Hey, how's Everyone doing getting all the stuff from the Packet? I got my black Hat, Gloves and my Gray Heavy weight sweats. Speaking with friends whi are currently in now I got 7 pairs of compression shorts. Also, do you think it's ok that most of my stuff either have a Nike or Under Armour logo? It doesn't say anything about logos in the packet. Also, the Oxford shoes I'm assuming they want pair that's high Gloss right?
            Here's a few more things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
              List of things to bring to the academy

Here is my list:

One Suit
              Two white shirts
              Black knit hat
              sweatshirt/pants
              black socks
              white socks
              Alarm clock
              Parade polish
              Shoe shine kit - not sure about this one
              running shoes
              dress shoes/bates
              Binder with paper
              black pens
              toiletrees
              undershirts/wear
              digital watch
              maybe some icey hot/pain killers

Am I missing anything?
              I won't overcrowd this post with old revivals. Just search for keywords LIST, BLACK HAT, BLACK OXFORD, etc and you'll see other people's posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post

I won't overcrowd this post with old revivals. Just search for keywords LIST, BLACK HAT, BLACK OXFORD, etc and you'll see other people's posts.
                Perfect! Thank you Squevie that is the somewhat type of list I was looking for. Thank you kindly.

yeah Josh, I was thinking either J.C. Penney's or something cheap, just cause they are getting trashed. I already got a nice pair of running shoes, (Asics), but I'll start gathering things little by little.

Comment

• The only think I have on my list is to continue to wait for the mailman everyday so I know I'm actually moving forward in the process! :P

Comment

• Haha exactly. Hoping this week for final medical but that's only hoping. Being off work this week is gonna be killer.

Comment

Haha exactly. Hoping this week for final medical but that's only hoping. Being off work this week is gonna be killer.
                      Like I told you in the PM, I've been off work since October lol my BI telling me to not get another job was really more of a torture method I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                        The only think I have on my list is to continue to wait for the mailman everyday so I know I'm actually moving forward in the process! :P
                        Hah... of course we're all waiting for that...but I'm building my Amazon shopping cart too in anticipation.

Comment

• I had 2 crappy suits, I blew out a seem midweek doing push-ups or something. You want to make sure you're covered, literally . Don't get them tailored. Don't buy nice ones. Trust that you will sweat so much in them you're never going yo wear it again.

Dont forget to pack only what you need. You're going to have to carry it in, stow it and then pack it when you change rooms. And you will change rooms.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            I had 2 crappy suits, I blew out a seem midweek doing push-ups or something. You want to make sure you're covered, literally . Don't get them tailored. Don't buy nice ones. Trust that you will sweat so much in them you're never going yo wear it again.

Dont forget to pack only what you need. You're going to have to carry it in, stow it and then pack it when you change rooms. And you will change rooms.
                            Good point. Any tip on what size duffle bag to use? I know the smaller the better but realistically what is a good size from what you remember? I currently have a 28" bag in my amazon cart.

Comment

• I don't know. Use the smallest one you can fit your stuff in. But don't bring extra crap. Pack light. Especially your first couple weeks. You might not not make it to graduation. And don't carpool either, until you're a month or so in. You don't want your buddy quitting on Thursday, and leaving you to hitchhike back to Buffalo in Friday.
                              Last edited by reils49; 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Anyone have input on a smart watch? I've been using one of those Samsung Gear watches for a while. Would that qualify as a digital watch, or is that TOO digital?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5581 users online. 202 members and 5379 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X