Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I agree. Probably just want to process as many candidates as possible before this exam expires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
      Yeah I agree. Probably just want to process as many candidates as possible before this exam expires.
      Well that's good news, thanks for sharing. Especially since I'll be 30 in September and sitting at 13,2XX.....

Comment

• No problem. Just wanted to share the information with those who could be starting the process best of luck!

Comment

• Hey all,

I wanted to share some gossip I heard speaking with a State Trooper who works at the state capitol. He said that Governor Cuomo wants to start "flooding" the streets of NY with troopers. He wants to start putting them at both Laguardia and JFK as well as other areas currently under Port Authority. I guess the Governor wants Troop M to get a lot more troopers, not sure if this means they'll be sending rookies down to the city but it certainly explains the high number of processing going on.

Has anyone else heard anything??

Comment

• That wouldn't bother me. Coming from Troop A, I know I have probably a -100% chance of getting sent here right after the academy so I'll take what I can get.

Hoping we hear some info next week about the medical Weekend though.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
              Hey all,

I wanted to share some gossip I heard speaking with a State Trooper who works at the state capitol. He said that Governor Cuomo wants to start "flooding" the streets of NY with troopers. He wants to start putting them at both Laguardia and JFK as well as other areas currently under Port Authority. I guess the Governor wants Troop M to get a lot more troopers, not sure if this means they'll be sending rookies down to the city but it certainly explains the high number of processing going on.

Has anyone else heard anything??
              That's the long and short of it.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

That wouldn't bother me. Coming from Troop A, I know I have probably a -100% chance of getting sent here right after the academy so I'll take what I can get.

Hoping we hear some info next week about the medical Weekend though.
                Yeah I'm from Upstate (real upstate, not Westechester lol). Being in the Albany area I can be just about anywhere in Troop G, C, K, F, or even A in less than 2 hours which isn't so bad considering.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

Yeah I'm from Upstate (real upstate, not Westechester lol). Being in the Albany area I can be just about anywhere in Troop G, C, K, F, or even A in less than 2 hours which isn't so bad considering.
                  lol may as well assume you're from NYC like everyone else outside of NY says. I'm hoping for A or E but my luck isn't too good so we'll see where I'm moving to...

Comment

lol may as well assume you're from NYC like everyone else outside of NY says. I'm hoping for A or E but my luck isn't too good so we'll see where I'm moving to...
                    E is pretty easy to get at the moment, with some recruits from each class going there. A will take many years. Half of C troop and E troop are wanna be A troopers.

Comment

I'm hoping for A or E but my luck isn't too good so we'll see where I'm moving to...
                      I'm sure you're going to love it in Malone.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

I'm sure you're going to love it in Malone.
                        Mmm Canada. Love it. I mean I'm pretty close to Niagara Falls so that's practically Canada as it is lol.

Since were on the topic of job assignment. How does it work with placement following the basic school? Do you have a dream sheet or does it just go by random and your placed where they need you? Is your FTO in that same area?

Comment

Mmm Canada. Love it. I mean I'm pretty close to Niagara Falls so that's practically Canada as it is lol.

Since were on the topic of job assignment. How does it work with placement following the basic school? Do you have a dream sheet or does it just go by random and your placed where they need you? Is your FTO in that same area?
                          Dream sheet. I think we picked our top 3 or 4 troops in order of preference. They assigned people based upon senority / academic performance (I believe this is the only time and last time your academy class scores will matter). Your senority within the SP will always be based on your original civil service test score. In the past they have had recruits FTO in their home troop, and other times in the troop they are assigned to - really based on fto availability (ie. Troop A has lots of FTOs, so they allow people to train their even though they will be assigned to C and wont be back in A for 5 to 10 years, because C can't handle all the recruits for FTO). The last couple of classes most recruits have gone to C and B, with some sprinkled elsewhere. The common belief is that no one will go straight to Troop NYC, because then you would never learn to actually be a trooper. And when Cuomo leaves office and the next governor wants to know why 100s of troopers are standing around doing nothing, in someone else's jurisdiction, while some communities go without police at all, those troopers are gonna get sent back upstate and have to learn to be troopers all over again...
                          Last edited by NYCopper; 03-12-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

Dream sheet. I think we picked our top 3 or 4 troops in order of preference. They assigned people based upon senority / academic performance (I believe this is the only time and last time your academy class scores will matter). Your senority within the SP will always be based on your original civil service test score. In the past they have had recruits FTO in their home troop, and other times in the troop they are assigned to - really based on fto availability (ie. Troop A has lots of FTOs, so they allow people to train their even though they will be assigned to C and wont be back in A for 5 to 10 years, because C can't handle all the recruits for FTO). The last couple of classes most recruits have gone to C and B, with some sprinkled elsewhere. The common belief is that no one will go straight to Troop NYC, because then you would never learn to actually be a trooper. And when Cuomo leaves office and the next governor wants to know why 100s of troopers are standing around doing nothing, in someone else's jurisdiction, while some communities go without police at all, those troopers are gonna get sent back upstate and have to learn to be troopers all over again...
                            Sounds good to me. Was mainly curious. I figured it would be a few years for A. I'm alright with seeing other parts of NY. All about the experience.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Was mainly curious. I figured it would be a few years for A. I'm alright with seeing other parts of NY. All about the experience.
                              A & L are always a wait, and took guys from class 5-6 years to make it home. But the wait can and has changed from time to time. During the freeze, nobody moved anywhere for 4 years.

Comment

• Troop F or K would be good for me since im basically in nyc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10139 users online. 502 members and 9637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X