300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayDog View Post
    Given my age now, I have until this list expires to be appointed otherwise, I have no shot. If another exam is in fact happening at the end of this year, I will be too old to take it. Fingers crossed something works out!!
    They are for sure testing in Oct. If you don't get processed in the next 6 months it's probably not gonna happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

They are for sure testing in Oct. If you don't get processed in the next 6 months it's probably not gonna happen...
      I spoke with a recruiter about a month ago who stated they are having an exam at the end of this year but should still be using the eligibility list from the 2013 exam for possibly one more academy in the beginning of 2018. He stated the reason is because they need to grade the exams from this year before the 2013 list will expire.

Comment

• I also heard the same information from mine. Looking at a fall 2017 academy and quite possibly a spring 2018 academy because they also account for time to complete a military supplemental before utilizing the new list.
        Last edited by ExtraRely; 02-28-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

Haha you joined in 2006 bro, you're older than all of us kids
          Between the Marine Corps, this job and 3 kids, I'm 30 something going on 70.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Ahem..... I'm 33....so thank God for that +6 year military exemption. 4fbc00b033a7e0713583bd0b8ee1f344.jpg

Comment

• You people are all a trip. Man I'm looking forward to 206. Lol

Comment

• we'll be the old timers lmao teaching the young bucs lol

Comment

• I was 33 when I got hired on to my first real police job
                  Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                  Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                    I also heard the same information from mine. Looking at a fall 2017 academy and quite possibly a spring 2018 academy because they also account for time to complete a military supplemental before utilizing the new list.
                    I agree with you both. That's why I said you need to get processed in the next 6 months. My understanding is that they have processed for the next class, and probably some for a class after that. They will be processing in the fall (6 months from now) for a Spring class - and that will be the last of the list.

Comment

• Exactly. I myself have processed, so my advice for those who haven't and think your number may be reached, stay in shape for the PT test but also if age doesn't restrict you, be ready for the new exam. If you're passionate about being a LEO, look into other departments as well. They are hurting on the west coast especially.

Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

I agree with you both. That's why I said you need to get processed in the next 6 months. My understanding is that they have processed for the next class, and probably some for a class after that. They will be processing in the fall (6 months from now) for a Spring class - and that will be the last of the list.

Comment

• Just curious will NYSP Contact other police agencies you may have applied to about your application and or responses to background questions. I just want to make sure my responses are the same so I don't get jammed up

Comment

• Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
                          Just curious will NYSP Contact other police agencies you may have applied to about your application and or responses to background questions.
                          Yes.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
                            Just curious will NYSP Contact other police agencies you may have applied to about your application and or responses to background questions. I just want to make sure my responses are the same so I don't get jammed up

Comment

• Just spoke with my recruiter and he said final medical for those who processed in October and earlier will be April 8th, and another initial processing week will be the first weekend of May. Letters should be out shortly I would say.
                              Last edited by ExtraRely; 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                                Just spoke with my recruiter and he said final medical for those who processed in October and earlier will be April 8th, and another initial processing week will be the first weekend of May. Letters should be out shortly I would say.
                                A final medical for those who processed in October and earlier, and another processing first weekend in May? Wow that seems like they're going to have quite a lot of candidates on their hands.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9973 users online. 472 members and 9501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X