Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
    Eyshshshshshxhsh dhshs

    Yep. That's how I feel about waiting too.

    Comment


    • Lol i was going to write something else but didnt know how to cancel it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
        Whats the oldest you can be for this position?
        I also think they are considering a ban on people born, from, or associated with nyc. Just saying.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mjk6 View Post

          So, the processing weekend, with the PT test etc. would be in April? Or earlier than that?
          Again....all of this is just rough guestimates....but I took the initial PT test June 2016 with a rank of 98xx...I believe there was another PT test around early October.

          There's likely a plenty applicants left over from the June '16 processing weekend and ALL of the crew from the Oct first processing weekend to fill the upcoming May/June class.

          I would presume if you didn't PT test & initial process yet, you wont be attending the academy in 2017. The May class should graduate right around Christmas 2017, so the next academy could be early January 2018. That class would likely be filled with the tail end of those who took the PT test on Oct 1st and possibly any future processings between now and then.

          Edited for clarity and grammar.
          Last edited by Squevie; 02-24-2017, 07:44 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
            Whats the oldest you can be for this position?
            No person shall be appointed to the New York state police force as a sworn member unless he or she shall be a citizen of the United States, between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-nineyears except that in the superintendent's discretion, the maximum age may be extended to thirty-five years.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law or any general or special law to the contrary the time spent on military duty, not exceeding a total of six years, shall be subtracted from the age of any applicant who has passed his or her twenty-ninth birthday, solely for the purpose of permitting qualification as to age and for no other purpose.

            - See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/executiv...-sect-215.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Squevie View Post

              No person shall be appointed to the New York state police force as a sworn member unless he or she shall be a citizen of the United States, between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-nineyears except that in the superintendent's discretion, the maximum age may be extended to thirty-five years.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law or any general or special law to the contrary the time spent on military duty, not exceeding a total of six years, shall be subtracted from the age of any applicant who has passed his or her twenty-ninth birthday, solely for the purpose of permitting qualification as to age and for no other purpose.

              - See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/executiv...-sect-215.html
              I'll be 30 in September , ranked 13,2XX, is "application deadline" taking the exam? If not I'm pretty much a passover.

              "Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline, once applications become available. Except the maximum age may be extended one year for each year of full-time active military duty - up to a maximum of 6 years."

              http://www.nytrooper.com/qualifications
              Last edited by StanleyVega; 02-27-2017, 05:55 AM. Reason: Credit Sources

              Comment


              • Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

                I'll be 30 in September , ranked 13,2XX, is "application deadline" taking the exam? If not I'm pretty much a passover.

                "Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline, once applications become available. Except the maximum age may be extended one year for each year of full-time active military duty - up to a maximum of 6 years."

                http://www.nytrooper.com/qualifications
                A recruiter could tell you for sure, but I believe it's when you applied and took the test. It would read you must be appointed before 30 if they were referring to when you were hired and assigned to the academy. You should be solid.

                Comment


                • Guys,

                  I may be reading it incorrectly myself but, I read it as you cannot be older than 30 at the time the application is due. The website states "Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline". Therefore, if you are over 30 years old by that date, you would be ineligible for appointment. To become a trooper, you cannot be over the age of 36 per the website which reads, "Must be appointed prior to 36th birthday". To sum it up, you cannot be over 30 to take the exam and must be appointed prior to turning 36.
                  Last edited by JayDog; 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Damn you guys are old!!
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

                    Comment


                    • Lol turned 30 last nov. Hey 30 is the new 20 so we good lol took exam when i was 27

                      Comment


                      • I'm 25 but feel 35, is that normal? Lol

                        Comment


                        • Lol i still feel "good" for 30

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                            Lol turned 30 last nov. Hey 30 is the new 20 so we good lol took exam when i was 27
                            Most of us born in the late 80s will have had taken the first exam in 2008 that had the hiring freeze, I'd say we got jipped!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              Damn you guys are old!!
                              Haha you joined in 2006 bro, you're older than all of us kids

                              Comment


                              • Given my age now, I have until this list expires to be appointed otherwise, I have no shot. If another exam is in fact happening at the end of this year, I will be too old to take it. Fingers crossed something works out!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6332 users online. 317 members and 6015 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X