• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExtraRely
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by leo1112
    Eyshshshshshxhsh dhshs

Yep. That's how I feel about waiting too.

Comment

• leo1112
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2013

Lol i was going to write something else but didnt know how to cancel it.

Comment

• NYCopper
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BrooklynBorn
        Whats the oldest you can be for this position?
        I also think they are considering a ban on people born, from, or associated with nyc. Just saying.

Comment

• Squevie
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by mjk6

So, the processing weekend, with the PT test etc. would be in April? Or earlier than that?
          Again....all of this is just rough guestimates....but I took the initial PT test June 2016 with a rank of 98xx...I believe there was another PT test around early October.

There's likely a plenty applicants left over from the June '16 processing weekend and ALL of the crew from the Oct first processing weekend to fill the upcoming May/June class.

I would presume if you didn't PT test & initial process yet, you wont be attending the academy in 2017. The May class should graduate right around Christmas 2017, so the next academy could be early January 2018. That class would likely be filled with the tail end of those who took the PT test on Oct 1st and possibly any future processings between now and then.

Edited for clarity and grammar.
          Last edited by Squevie; 02-24-2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Squevie
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by BrooklynBorn
            Whats the oldest you can be for this position?
            No person shall be appointed to the New York state police force as a sworn member unless he or she shall be a citizen of the United States, between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-nineyears except that in the superintendent's discretion, the maximum age may be extended to thirty-five years.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law or any general or special law to the contrary the time spent on military duty, not exceeding a total of six years, shall be subtracted from the age of any applicant who has passed his or her twenty-ninth birthday, solely for the purpose of permitting qualification as to age and for no other purpose.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/executiv...-sect-215.html

Comment

• StanleyVega
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Squevie

No person shall be appointed to the New York state police force as a sworn member unless he or she shall be a citizen of the United States, between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-nineyears except that in the superintendent's discretion, the maximum age may be extended to thirty-five years.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law or any general or special law to the contrary the time spent on military duty, not exceeding a total of six years, shall be subtracted from the age of any applicant who has passed his or her twenty-ninth birthday, solely for the purpose of permitting qualification as to age and for no other purpose.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/executiv...-sect-215.html
              I'll be 30 in September , ranked 13,2XX, is "application deadline" taking the exam? If not I'm pretty much a passover.

"Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline, once applications become available. Except the maximum age may be extended one year for each year of full-time active military duty - up to a maximum of 6 years."

Know the requirements to take the exam and before an appointment.
              Last edited by StanleyVega; 02-27-2017, 05:55 AM. Reason: Credit Sources

Comment

• NYCopper
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by StanleyVega

I'll be 30 in September , ranked 13,2XX, is "application deadline" taking the exam? If not I'm pretty much a passover.

"Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline, once applications become available. Except the maximum age may be extended one year for each year of full-time active military duty - up to a maximum of 6 years."

http://www.nytrooper.com/qualifications
                A recruiter could tell you for sure, but I believe it's when you applied and took the test. It would read you must be appointed before 30 if they were referring to when you were hired and assigned to the academy. You should be solid.

Comment

• JayDog
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2013

Guys,

I may be reading it incorrectly myself but, I read it as you cannot be older than 30 at the time the application is due. The website states "Must not have reached their 30th birthday by the date of the application deadline". Therefore, if you are over 30 years old by that date, you would be ineligible for appointment. To become a trooper, you cannot be over the age of 36 per the website which reads, "Must be appointed prior to 36th birthday". To sum it up, you cannot be over 30 to take the exam and must be appointed prior to turning 36.
                  Last edited by JayDog; 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• reils49
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2006

Damn you guys are old!!
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• leo1112
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2013

Lol turned 30 last nov. Hey 30 is the new 20 so we good lol took exam when i was 27

Comment

• ExtraRely
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2016

I'm 25 but feel 35, is that normal? Lol

Comment

• leo1112
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2013

Lol i still feel "good" for 30

Comment

• StanleyVega
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by leo1112
                            Lol turned 30 last nov. Hey 30 is the new 20 so we good lol took exam when i was 27
                            Most of us born in the late 80s will have had taken the first exam in 2008 that had the hiring freeze, I'd say we got jipped!

Comment

• StanleyVega
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by reils49
                              Damn you guys are old!!
                              Haha you joined in 2006 bro, you're older than all of us kids

Comment

• JayDog
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2013

Given my age now, I have until this list expires to be appointed otherwise, I have no shot. If another exam is in fact happening at the end of this year, I will be too old to take it. Fingers crossed something works out!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12090 users online. 74 members and 12016 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...