Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hopefully the letters will make it down to the Island tomorrow. Congrats to those who have received them already.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Slopokes21 View Post
      Got my letter today

      Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

      Adam
      Congrats, remember the academy is going to be hard so just don't give up remember what's in it for you at the end, but enjoy your 6months of torture and pain , I hope this time next year I'll be going into the academy too.
      Last edited by John2008; 07-20-2007, 02:20 PM.
      "Why you harassing me?"

      Comment


      • Good Luck To All Of You
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          This hunch is now going away. Stand by for news.
          Congratulations to everyone who got their letter.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

          Comment


          • SDT or any other NYS Troopers out there....any ideas on when the earliest academy will be offered to those who are first processed from the 2008 test? If you were the perfect candidate, got a 100 on the test, passed everything, etc., around when could you expect the academy to start?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
              SDT or any other NYS Troopers out there....any ideas on when the earliest academy will be offered to those who are first processed from the 2008 test? If you were the perfect candidate, got a 100 on the test, passed everything, etc., around when could you expect the academy to start?
              I was in the academy around a year after I took the test. I was 300 or so on the list...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                I was in the academy around a year after I took the test. I was 300 or so on the list...
                can it possible that you can be in the academy the same year that you took and passed your test and everything?
                "Why you harassing me?"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  I was in the academy around a year after I took the test. I was 300 or so on the list...
                  Wow, that is awhile, I thought they might start a class in the summer or fall. You must've kicked serious @$$ on that test.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                    SDT or any other NYS Troopers out there....any ideas on when the earliest academy will be offered to those who are first processed from the 2008 test? If you were the perfect candidate, got a 100 on the test, passed everything, etc., around when could you expect the academy to start?
                    A winter class, should we have one, will likely come off of the old list.

                    Next summer will probably be the first class for the new list.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      A winter class, should we have one, will likely come off of the old list.

                      Next summer will probably be the first class for the new list.
                      so the test is Jan-Feb, do you mean next summer as summer of 2008 or next summer after the test meaning summer of 2009???
                      "Why you harassing me?"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                        so the test is Jan-Feb, do you mean next summer as summer of 2008 or next summer after the test meaning summer of 2009???
                        I think the Jan-Feb 2008 test will establish a list used to hire people during summer of 2008.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          I think the Jan-Feb 2008 test will establish a list used to hire people during summer of 2008.
                          yayy that's what I'm hoping for, because getting a job offer with NYSP will be a great 21st bday(Jan 31st) present and a great graduation present from college(may,16,2008 finally get my BA) :-), that means I better kick *** on that test and get in the high 90's.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

                          Comment


                          • NICE! Summer of '08 would be outstanding!

                            Do the two academies per year generally begin in the same months every year, or can they vary quite a bit depending on when division wants to start them?

                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                              NICE! Summer of '08 would be outstanding!

                              Do the two academies per year generally begin in the same months every year, or can they vary quite a bit depending on when division wants to start them?

                              Thanks!
                              It's not so much Division of State Police, but there is a bugetary process that has to be cleared. A lot of the decision is driven by the budget.

                              That said, traditionally March and October are the most common months to start academies.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                It's not so much Division of State Police, but there is a bugetary process that has to be cleared. A lot of the decision is driven by the budget.

                                That said, traditionally March and October are the most common months to start academies.
                                so the first academy off the 2008 test will be in oct. unless they can rush everyone for march??? what you think SDT?
                                "Why you harassing me?"

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7119 users online. 381 members and 6738 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X