300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
    The 204th class started 3/20/16 & graduated 10/13/16...so 6 months & 23 days, or 207 total days.

The 205th (who is there now) started 10 days after the 204th's graduation. So 10/23/2016 + 207 puts them graduating on 5/18/2017, and giving the academy staff the same 10 day break would put the 206th class starting on Sunday, 5/28/17 & graduating Thursday 12/21/17.

I guess May 21st is "possible" but that doesn't give them staff any days to reset.

close we started 3/28/16 to 10/13/16 alittle less then what you said

Comment

• Hey guys,

I see they are up to 13,000 on the website. Any chance of someone ranked in the low 14,000's getting called to start the process before the next exam? Also, has any announcements been made as to when they will give the next exam? Hopefully if they do give the next exam soon, they will still process people from the old list until a new one is established.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassera View Post
        Hey guys,

I see they are up to 13,000 on the website. Any chance of someone ranked in the low 14,000's getting called to start the process before the next exam?
        The way things are going, it's entirely possible you could be called.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

The way things are going, it's entirely possible you could be called.

You have to assume even if the exam is in November of 2017, they won't have it graded and a list created until at least March of 2018, leavin us roughly 1 year from now to be safe on the current list.

You also have to put yourself in the NYSP position. We have a governor who looks like he's going to pass the current budget which is not always guaranteed. Which means the police will continue to process for fear that next year they may not get their allocated funding (it's happened before as we all seen the hiring freeze). Long story short, the police will keep processing even if there's a new exam on the horizon.

Comment

• iisasc84
            iisasc84 commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a freeze on the current list in 2015, what happens when they freeze the list? Do they extent the list eligibility by one year or does it still expire in 2017?

• Originally posted by Cassera View Post
          Hey guys,

I see they are up to 13,000 on the website. Any chance of someone ranked in the low 14,000's getting called to start the process before the next exam? Also, has any announcements been made as to when they will give the next exam? Hopefully if they do give the next exam soon, they will still process people from the old list until a new one is established.
          Hey everyone! I have read the information on here for awhile but have only posted one time so far. I figured I could share some valuable information I received from a recruiter about two weeks ago. I am ranked 14,1xx, so like many, I was unsure if I would be called for processing prior to the tentative upcoming exam. I was advised based on my rank, I have a high probability of being invited to process towards the end of May. If this is accurate, it is possible to be selected to the fall of 2017 class. Since the grading for the exam does take some time, NYSP will be holding a spring of 2018 class utilizing the 2013 eligibility list. While nothing is guaranteed as there are many variables, this was some insight that I received so I wanted to pass it along to the rest of you.

Comment

• Great information. I would guess that because of the grading time we could have most likely 3 academies for this hiring period. Spring 17, Fall 17 and Spring 18.

Originally posted by JayDog View Post

Hey everyone! I have read the information on here for awhile but have only posted one time so far. I figured I could share some valuable information I received from a recruiter about two weeks ago. I am ranked 14,1xx, so like many, I was unsure if I would be called for processing prior to the tentative upcoming exam. I was advised based on my rank, I have a high probability of being invited to process towards the end of May. If this is accurate, it is possible to be selected to the fall of 2017 class. Since the grading for the exam does take some time, NYSP will be holding a spring of 2018 class utilizing the 2013 eligibility list. While nothing is guaranteed as there are many variables, this was some insight that I received so I wanted to pass it along to the rest of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayDog View Post

Wow, this was something I was not expecting!

So the chances are pretty high huh

I cant see us going to a fall 2017 academy though, especially when we may recieve word in late May to begin the first step in the process. Unless they move pretty fast relative to other agencies
              Last edited by Cassera; 01-30-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• You really never know. I processed in October 2016 and based on my rank (67XX) I have almost a guarantee that I'll be going to the upcoming May 2017 academy. However, it really is dependant on rank and all the parts of the process including the NYS Budget. You might process with 3,000 other people and be one of 100 who pass every portion including the polygraph, BI, and Psych. The best advice I could give is if you get the letter to appear for processing and PT, then be ready to go within 6-8 months or less.

Originally posted by Cassera View Post

Wow, this was something I was not expecting!

So the chances are pretty high huh

I cant see us going to a fall 2017 academy though, especially when we may recieve word in late May to begin the first step in the process. Unless they move pretty fast relative to other agencies

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                  You really never know. I processed in October 2016 and based on my rank (67XX) I have almost a guarantee that I'll be going to the upcoming May 2017 academy. However, it really is dependant on rank and all the parts of the process including the NYS Budget. You might process with 3,000 other people and be one of 100 who pass every portion including the polygraph, BI, and Psych. The best advice I could give is if you get the letter to appear for processing and PT, then be ready to go within 6-8 months or less.

You got passed over, my good friend is in the academy now and his rank was in the 7k's.......

Comment

• No, I deferred for military duty... was originally called in May 2015.

Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

You got passed over, my good friend is in the academy now and his rank was in the 7k's.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                      No, I deferred for military duty... was originally called in May 2015.

Oh ok, good, I was worried for you bro, you hear horror stories where guys were passed over by accident or never told they were denied. Thank you for your service!

Comment

• Thanks Vega, it's my pleasure. I would be heartbroken if they told me at this point that I was denied lol. I guess only time will tell...

Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

Oh ok, good, I was worried for you bro, you hear horror stories where guys were passed over by accident or never told they were denied. Thank you for your service!

Comment

Last edited by Jtadd65; 02-18-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtadd65 View Post
                            Do you take a written psychological during processing week? Or was it when when we initially took the written exam.
                            Yes you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtadd65 View Post
                              Do you take a written psychological during processing week? Or was it when when we initially took the written exam.
                              We took the written psychological exam the Sunday after the fitness test. That was that 1,000 question exam that we took in the CO Academy building.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7453 users online. 370 members and 7083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X