300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

No blood work? I'm surprised. I'm just a Sheriff's Deputy but we had to get an annual physical where my doctor took blood and I had to submit the results to the county. How else would they know if you had AIDS? Or Hepatitis or even Thyroid issues? I know I had the results which listed Proteins, Enzymes, White Cell blood counts, all kinds of stuff.

I'd be very suprised if the NYSP don't test your blood....
    If they did they definitely don't give you the results. I checked with a class mate just now and he said they didn't. It was like a very basic physical at the Dr. Blood pressure. Review of medical history. And drop trousers. That was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

If they did they definitely don't give you the results. I checked with a class mate just now and he said they didn't. It was like a very basic physical at the Dr. Blood pressure. Review of medical history. And drop trousers. That was it.
      Probably not that late in the stages, they probably already have your results.

The OP asked if they check your blood, they definitely do at some point. With so many bloodbourne pathogens and contagious diseases transmitted by blood they'd have to test it. Not to mention they need to know your blood type.

Comment

Probably not that late in the stages, they probably already have your results.

The OP asked if they check your blood, they definitely do at some point. With so many bloodbourne pathogens and contagious diseases transmitted by blood they'd have to test it. Not to mention they need to know your blood type.
        After talking to several coworkers I can say with almost 100% certainty that they did not take blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

After talking to several coworkers I can say with almost 100% certainty that they did not take blood.
          I stand corrected.

(I understand this is mere venting since nobodoy on here makes the rules) but for those who don't get an annual physical before being hired are only subjected to the medical exam by the NYSP doctor who doesn't draw blood? So I could be a hemophiliac with HIV and anemia and slide right through the processing where I'm almost guranteed to bleed during boxing and hand-hand combat while sharing a facility with 200 other people for 26 weeks.....I think maybe there's a flaw here......

Comment

I stand corrected.

(I understand this is mere venting since nobodoy on here makes the rules) but for those who don't get an annual physical before being hired are only subjected to the medical exam by the NYSP doctor who doesn't draw blood? So I could be a hemophiliac with HIV and anemia and slide right through the processing where I'm almost guranteed to bleed during boxing and hand-hand combat while sharing a facility with 200 other people for 26 weeks.....I think maybe there's a flaw here......
            I don't disagree with you. You do have to have a personal Dr. Sign off on you - so my guess is they pass the buck to someone else and that's their justification. If that at all shocks you...just wait...
            Last edited by NYCopper; 01-20-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I think maybe there's a flaw here......
              Ohhhhh just wait....
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• StanleyVega yea makes sense to test blood , for liability issues if someone catches something.. Nysp has to do its due diligence and we send them blood work results or they take it themselves , either way they have to know

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post

Ohhhhh just wait....
                  Probably best to let that be a surprise.

Comment

• FY2018 Budget looks like it's adding $52m to NYSP:

https://www.budget.ny.gov/pubs/execu...ivisionof.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
                      FY2018 Budget looks like it's adding $52m to NYSP:

https://www.budget.ny.gov/pubs/execu...ivisionof.html
                      Funny I was watching Gov Cuomo's announcement and scanning the documents and found this as well! Looking good for that Spring academy. I did some more research and talked to my recruiter, I guess we are looking at a May 21st report date if selected and there are no delays.

Comment

• Sounds like that maybe a concrete day being so specific like that.. May 21!!

Comment

• The 204th class started 3/20/16 & graduated 10/13/16...so 6 months & 23 days, or 207 total days.

The 205th (who is there now) started 10 days after the 204th's graduation. So 10/23/2016 + 207 puts them graduating on 5/18/2017, and giving the academy staff the same 10 day break would put the 206th class starting on Sunday, 5/28/17 & graduating Thursday 12/21/17.

I guess May 21st is "possible" but that doesn't give them staff any days to reset.

Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post

Funny I was watching Gov Cuomo's announcement and scanning the documents and found this as well! Looking good for that Spring academy. I did some more research and talked to my recruiter, I guess we are looking at a May 21st report date if selected and there are no delays.
                          Last edited by Squevie; 01-25-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Id be more than satisfied with either date. With those dates we'd be looking at a final medical weekend probably sometime in March or April?

Originally posted by Squevie View Post
                            The 204th class started 3/20/16 & graduated 10/13/16...so 6 months & 23 days, or 207 total days.

The 205th (who is there now) started 10 days after the 204th's graduation. So 10/23/2016 puts them graduating on 5/18/2017, and giving the academy staff the same 10 day break would put the 206th class starting on Sunday, 5/28/17.

I guess May 21st is "possible" but that doesn't give them staff any days to reset.

Comment

• 9/10/16 was the medical before the 10/23/16 class....so about 6 weeks prior.

If 5/28 is actually the day, expect medical around April 15th.

Comment

• The current class got like a week off for Christmas - so that's gotta be apart of your calculation. And the class before last stayed 3 weeks extra waiting for King Cuomos schedule to open up for their graduation. And he didn't come..
                                Last edited by NYCopper; 01-26-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6328 users online. 337 members and 5991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X