Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im ranked further down then you so that means i will be back listed as well while they go down the list. I processed in oct rank 11k
    Originally posted by NTTrooper View Post

They are back filled. I am one of those candidates that did not get into the Fall 2016 academy due to my rank not being reached. You will have a background update done and hopefully make the next academy. I've had my background update done for a few weeks now and my BI said that I will be in the Spring Academy due to being backfilled and my rank # 96xx.

Comment

• Make sure he lets his ATO's know when the academy starts so they have notice in advance to let the sergeants know.
      Good luck

QUOTE=Yellowstone956;n6417982]Hi everyone! I have a question for those who might be able to help. my husband is most likely gonna be in the spring academy, everything is done except the poly which is scheduled for the end of the month. We just found out that we're expecting our first child the first week in August. I'm fully supportive of him going in spite of this, I know he wants it more than anything and I'll do whatever he needs to help him get through it. But what are the chances of the academy letting him come home for the birth? I know he might not have a lot of time and I'll be okay on my own, but I would hate for him to miss the birth of his first child, I know it's a sacrifice many make but just looking for answers so we can set expectations. Thanks in advance! [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Happy New Year everyone. Investigations are due to be complete now or to be wrapped up this month from what I've been told and I have been going through some of the packet we received at October processing. Does anyone have intel on how the vocabulary words are implemented into the academy? Do they test you on definition, spelling and what not or is it not something to worry about? Figured some others may have the same question.
        Last edited by ExtraRely; 01-03-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
          Happy New Year everyone. Investigations are due to be complete now or to be wrapped up this month from what I've been told and I have been going through some of the packet we received at October processing. Does anyone have intel on how the vocabulary words are implemented into the academy? Do they test you on definition, spelling and what not or is it not something to worry about? Figured some others may have the same question.
          The vocabulary words are just in case you've lived under a rock for the last 21+ years of your life. No test on any of them - just general words you should know in order to be a semi productive and contributing member of society.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post

The vocabulary words are just in case you've lived under a rock for the last 21+ years of your life. No test on any of them - just general words you should know in order to be a semi productive and contributing member of society.
            Perfect response lol thanks.

Comment

• Hmm. Just train hard you’ll do alright
              Last edited by Contributor101623; 12-04-2017, 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Does anybody know if failing the FBI polygraph will prevent you from getting hired?

Comment

• The fact you failed the polygraph for the FBI won't prevent you from getting hired, but the reason you failed the FBI polygraph may.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Will we be given blood work at medical?& has anyone been accepted into academy with a hernia or is that an automatic dq at medical?

Comment

• Do you get contacted after your background investigation is completed and submitted, or is the next step the medical?

Comment

• @ patriot1 next step us medical if you make it to there it means ur background is good
                        Last edited by leo1112; 01-15-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                          Will we be given blood work at medical?& has anyone been accepted into academy with a hernia or is that an automatic dq at medical?

Comment

• No blood work ever that I recall. Most intrusive thing is shaving your legs, bending over and coughing, and peeing in a cup. And if they know about a hernia I'd bet my left non herniated nut your not going to the academy...
                            Last edited by NYCopper; 01-16-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
                              No blood work ever that I recall. Most intrusive thing is shaving your legs, bending over and coughing, and peeing in a cup. And if they know about a hernia I'd bet my left non herniated nut your not going to the academy...
                              No blood work? I'm surprised. I'm just a Sheriff's Deputy but we had to get an annual physical where my doctor took blood and I had to submit the results to the county. How else would they know if you had AIDS? Or Hepatitis or even Thyroid issues? I know I had the results which listed Proteins, Enzymes, White Cell blood counts, all kinds of stuff.

I'd be very suprised if the NYSP don't test your blood....

Comment

• I'm pretty sure they did a blood draw. I don't remember though.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9623 users online. 495 members and 9128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X