Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A split academy would be awesome. I just finished up my psych about a month ago and was told it was all approved, haven't talked to BI yet but hopefully will soon! Rank 67XX

Comment

• Just got BI call for Troop A. Meeting later this week!

Processed - Oct 2016
      Psych Eval - Oct 2016
      BI Initiation - Nov 2016
      Rank - 67XX

Comment

• Met with my BI this week to update my background, he told me that he has until mid January to submit it. Not sure what that means but that sounded odd to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
          Well, I processed 6/25, met with my BI first time 7/25 the next academy started 10/23, 4 months after processing and 3 months after meeting investigator.

They did another processing weekend 10/1, and I'm meeting BI again this week, so 4 months later is early Feb & 3 months later is mid February.

I'm think the next class MIGHT start in Feb...4 months after the October Academy.

**Purely Speculation, and my guess only**
          Why didn't you go into Oct class? Still had more processing to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post

Why didn't you go into Oct class? Still had more processing to do?
            Most of the reason people from the June processing did not get into the October academy is due to it filling up with backfilled candidates from the March 2016 academy. Those individuals were already processed and BI done, which gave them preference over the candidates that processed in June. Needless to say the spots available in October filled up rather quickly.
            I processed in June and received me backfill letter for the tentative spring 2017 academy. Meeting with my BI to update my background and such. The people that are still from the June processing and are reachable by their ranking (I believe they left off at around 86xx) will have a better opportunity to get into the Spring 2017 class than the October 2016 processing class.
            Most of this info is from my BI and from this thread.

Comment

• Thanks for info!
              Last edited by leo1112; 11-27-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• I have seen people talk about "oswego academy" do all recruits that get into academy in albany or does it depend on where they live?

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                  I have seen people talk about "oswego academy" do all recruits that get into academy in albany or does it depend on where they live?
                  There is no Oswego academy. Everyone lives at the Albany academy. In the distant past they have utilized other locations (I believe the Park Police academy at one point) but if you make it, Albany is where you will go.

Comment

• What list they up to?
                    Nypd Exam: 3314
                    Score: 96 list#: 1××

apd-5: ??

medical: ??

written psych: ??

oral psych: ??

met with BI: ??

Jst: ??

Mini-med: ??

New York State Police 10/19/2013

List#

Comment

• I believe the are up to 13k you can check on websitedefinitely in the 11ks

Comment

• Yeah the website states they are processed up to 13,000 at this point.

Anybody hear any additional rumors of the next possible academy start date? Heard January a few times but the BI said that they are more likely looking at April/May due to lodging constraints.

Comment

• Are there alternate sites for poly or do they all happen in albany?

Comment

• They take place wherever there is a polygrapher. Most probably in whatever geograpical location your BI is in. Not Albany.

Comment

• Truth, they wouldn't intentionally make you commute to Albany for a 3-5 hour meeting unless they had no other option. I'm in troop A and had my polygraph less than 20 minutes from my house. Keep in mind too that packets are due in Albany by the first week of January so if you do have to meet in a different Troop it would most likely be due to scheduling conflicts due to the amount of those processing.

Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
                              They take place wherever there is a polygrapher. Most probably in whatever geograpical location your BI is in. Not Albany.

Comment

• My initial Bi meeting was in manhattan im from jersey. My poly is in albany

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10832 users online. 368 members and 10464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X