300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
    Anybody know the timeline for when polygraphs and BI usually begin? Had my psych about 2 weeks ago and was told my info was being forwarded on. Haven't heard anything else. Hate being patient lol.
    I hear ya about patience. This thread is always on fire right up until the academy starts and then it dies down until about halfway through the academy when they start processing again (typically). It sounds like they probably processed up to the point where they can for right now until they get closer to having another academy start. At least you processed bro, I'm at 13,2XX! Nothing like being soooo close!

Comment

• You're probably 100% correct on that man. I guess it's one of those things where no news right now is good news lol. I'm sure you'll get that packet during the next round! It may be the final round or close to it but hey, getting in is all that matters right?!

Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post

I hear ya about patience. This thread is always on fire right up until the academy starts and then it dies down until about halfway through the academy when they start processing again (typically). It sounds like they probably processed up to the point where they can for right now until they get closer to having another academy start. At least you processed bro, I'm at 13,2XX! Nothing like being soooo close!

Comment

• Josh716 turn ur pm on

Comment

• On!

Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
          Josh716 turn ur pm on

Comment

• Took Oral pysch in end of october and havent heard since. Anyone hear anything yet?

Comment

• Same, still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• I'm among the anxious waiting for the word of whether they will canvass another round for the next academy or if they acquired enough from the previous canvassing. Seems like they flew through a lot over the summer, while I'm hoping they'll canvass a new bunch (I'm at 13,2XX) I'm sure they have quite a backlog of qualified and processed candidates.

Anyone like to add anything to my thoughts?

Comment

• Also had oral psych no word yet.. If they have another exam im going to apply while in process for this just in case

Comment

• I have a feeling they'll canvas at least one more group. Typically 3,000 are canvassed but only 1 in 10 are fully qualified and selected. I believe out of my group of 3,000, we only had about 400-500 pass PT (some may have deferred), now you also have to remember not everyone will pass the psych, or have a negative BI or have polygraph issues. Plus people drop out of training for various reasons or just turn down the job offer. While it may seem like they canvassed a lot, it doesn't mean they have every projected slot filled. Not to mention the new 2017 exam won't be utilized until Spring or Fall 2018 due to scoring timelines and such. Stay positive and keep working on PT so when can packet comes, you know you're prepared.

I'm among the anxious waiting for the word of whether they will canvass another round for the next academy or if they acquired enough from the previous canvassing. Seems like they flew through a lot over the summer, while I'm hoping they'll canvass a new bunch (I'm at 13,2XX) I'm sure they have quite a backlog of qualified and processed candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshk716 View Post
                      I have a feeling they'll canvas at least one more group. Typically 3,000 are canvassed but only 1 in 10 are fully qualified and selected. I believe out of my group of 3,000, we only had about 400-500 pass PT (some may have deferred), now you also have to remember not everyone will pass the psych, or have a negative BI or have polygraph issues. Plus people drop out of training for various reasons or just turn down the job offer. While it may seem like they canvassed a lot, it doesn't mean they have every projected slot filled. Not to mention the new 2017 exam won't be utilized until Spring or Fall 2018 due to scoring timelines and such. Stay positive and keep working on PT so when can packet comes, you know you're prepared.
                      500 out of 3,000 passed? That's less than 20%! That's crazy! The physical should be the easiest part since we can prepare. We can't really prepare for the psych and background other than stay out of trouble or fix any issues you may have. It would be much easier to bang out 40 situps than "unsmoke" marijuana. Oh well, only the serious will move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                        A lot of retirement parties are being planned.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I may be wrong but that was the rumor I had heard. Could've been even less! But yes it is quite crazy lol you'd think it would be easy but you will be surprised when you're lining up for push-ups, how many failures are standing against the wall waiting to be walked out, and you don't want to be there. When it comes down to it, knock out the PT and also answer the background and psych questionnaires truthfully, the rest should be smooth either way I'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop the second I hear something.

500 out of 3,000 passed? That's less than 20%! That's crazy! The physical should be the easiest part since we can prepare. We can't really prepare for the psych and background other than stay out of trouble or fix any issues you may have. It would be much easier to bang out 40 situps than "unsmoke" marijuana. Oh well, only the serious will move on!

Comment

• Yea at my processing weekend the trooper was telling us A LOT of ppl were failing the situps, i didnt think i would be able to do them but not having to go all the way up saved me lol.. i remember trooper saying 15 secs and i banged out like 5 more. #adrenaline!

Comment

• The adrenaline definitely got me cranking them out as well. I looked at it as if some lousy sit ups were the only thing holding me back from an amazing career with an elite force and I swear it helped lol.

Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                              Yea at my processing weekend the trooper was telling us A LOT of ppl were failing the situps, i didnt think i would be able to do them but not having to go all the way up saved me lol.. i remember trooper saying 15 secs and i banged out like 5 more. #adrenaline!

Comment

• Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                                Yea at my processing weekend the trooper was telling us A LOT of ppl were failing the situps, i didnt think i would be able to do them but not having to go all the way up saved me lol.. i remember trooper saying 15 secs and i banged out like 5 more. #adrenaline!
                                Not having to go all the way up?? Don't your shoulders have to touch the ground and elbows touch your knees? I know when I took mine for a loca agency they wanted our hands (locked behind our head) to hit the ground! I was told this vioaltes protocol but it is what it is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9493 users online. 482 members and 9011 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X