Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Troop D as well, have not received any information regarding orientation for the Oct 23rd report date.

Comment

• Maybe I would call your Troop D recuruiter and ask.

Comment

• 1 week left....

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
          1 week left....
          Trust me, I know. One week left to enjoy the solitude of my car. Then 10 weeks of FTO...
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Quick question to those on the job,

I DO NOT have my pistol permit. I am however allowed to register up to 2 guns with my department. I currently have only 1 registered and I am required to be "qualified" with this gun which was simply submitting a form and then qualifying at the range.

Is this policy similar to the NYSP? Is this something that they will address when I am processed? I am considering transfering my firearm to my wife since she has her permit to make things easier, not sure if that's necessary though.

I did submit my pistol paperwork 2 months ago but unfortunately I don't have the connections to make things go faster, my county average processing is 9-12 months.

Any advise?

Comment

• Question regarding tints... I have tints on my car I took off the front passenger and driver tints but not sure what to do about the back? Is it necessary to take those off aswell of can I keep them. They aren't dark but not light either.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post
                Question regarding tints... I have tints on my car I took off the front passenger and driver tints but not sure what to do about the back? Is it necessary to take those off aswell of can I keep them. They aren't dark but not light either.
                Is it a sedan or SUV?

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyVega View Post
                  Quick question to those on the job,

I DO NOT have my pistol permit. I am however allowed to register up to 2 guns with my department. I currently have only 1 registered and I am required to be "qualified" with this gun which was simply submitting a form and then qualifying at the range.

Is this policy similar to the NYSP? Is this something that they will address when I am processed? I am considering transfering my firearm to my wife since she has her permit to make things easier, not sure if that's necessary though.

I would just transfer the pistols to your wife until you graduate mainly because that's the easiest. NYSP only requires that you tell division what pistols you acquire on your shield.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc4419 View Post

Is it a sedan or SUV?
                    sedan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.kopcza View Post

sedan
                      NYS VTL: 375.12-a (b) No person shall operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway, road or street: ......
                      (3) if it is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible and any rear side window has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        NYS VTL: 375.12-a (b) No person shall operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway, road or street: ......
                        (3) if it is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible and any rear side window has a light transmittance of less than seventy percent
                        Most car manufacturers that tint rear windows use 18-25%, leaving you with 75% transmittance, obviously if you get it done professionally above and beyond that than you'd be in violation of V&T law.

Not sure if NYSP Academy offers it as well, but I went through Zone 5 and we received little binders with Penal Law Codes and V&T laws, great bathroom reading material!!

Comment

• Hey, any thoughts on brining a rain jacket for arriving at the academy if raining? Or do you think we'll just have to stand in rain. If raining.

Comment

• Shows clear and 55° just wanted to ask

Comment

• Wanted to wish all of the men and women starting the 205th on Sunday the best of luck!

Anyone from the June processing hear anything whatsoever?

Comment

• Anybody know the timeline for when polygraphs and BI usually begin? Had my psych about 2 weeks ago and was told my info was being forwarded on. Haven't heard anything else. Hate being patient lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10170 users online. 493 members and 9677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X