Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Because "they" want to make you feel good
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      No high gloss shoes. As for logos, I would suggest the cheapo sweats from Hanes or Fruit of the Loom without any. If you want fancy stuff, good for you.

      Just remember: you want to be under the radar for the next 6 months.

      Oh, and I would suggest not to bring your mom to orientation. But if you do, it will stick with you for the rest of your career or until you quit. True story....
      Bring your mom, lmao. At least spare the guy some dignity and say he was only 21!

      Also please ensure that your vehicle is inspected and remove any and all PBA stickers of any kind. You DO NOT want the trooper riding the motorcycle sticker above your registration....actually keep it on, it'll remove other from being a target

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nyc4419 View Post
        Then why would they encourage you to bring family members to orientation?
        Family - they are talking about spouses and such that depend on you and your income. Though it might make sense to stay rent free through the Academy by living in your parents basement, mommy's little duckling is gonna have to spread it's wings and fly here shortly...especially because your not staying in NYC...
        Last edited by NYCopper; 10-05-2016, 05:03 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
          mommy's little duckling is gonna have to spread it's wings and fly here shortly..
          I love it!!!

          Q: "What's your name recruit?!"

          A: "Sir, Recruit Trooper Duckling, sir!!!"
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • I also process 10/1 pysch in a few weeks!, who else here failed the vision test have you scheduled lasik yet?

            Comment


            • Hello, for those that have helped out answering questions. Thank you very much, much appreciated. I'll keep em coming... The packet says to bring Ss card, Birth Certificate Pistol Permit if you have it. Do they want copies or the real thing for them to make copies. I'll prob jist bring both just in case.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nate3234 View Post
                Hello, for those that have helped out answering questions. Thank you very much, much appreciated. I'll keep em coming... The packet says to bring Ss card, Birth Certificate Pistol Permit if you have it. Do they want copies or the real thing for them to make copies. I'll prob jist bring both just in case.
                Bring both. Copies to hand in and originals because we like to see original documents. Don't be the guy who comes in for processing and ends up being arrested for a felony because you want to forge your college transcripts. Yet another true story.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

                Comment


                • Wow, that's crazy. I don't see anything abouy transcripts on my packet. Maybe they used to have you bring em. I dunno. Thanks though! Greatly appreciated.

                  Comment


                  • Anyone know how many people are going to be in this upcoming class?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nyc4419 View Post
                      Anyone know how many people are going to be in this upcoming class?
                      Rumors say anywhere from 200-250.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by leo1112 View Post
                        I also process 10/1 pysch in a few weeks!, who else here failed the vision test have you scheduled lasik yet?
                        Yes i failed it...Knew it going in so I had lasik already scheduled

                        Comment


                        • Any news on an orientation date? Still nothing here. 12 more days!

                          Comment


                          • RHF, ypu should have gotten an email about it. What Troop are you?

                            Comment


                            • I'm in Troop D.

                              Comment


                              • I would check your email again. Possibly went into junk mail?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4571 users online. 176 members and 4395 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X